Talk

Advanced search

A picture has appeared under my bed. Neither me or DH think it's ours. Wtf?

(387 Posts)
WTFthatsweird Sun 14-Jul-19 07:49:46

We're moving house. DH said to me, what do you want to do with the pictures under the bed?
I had no idea what he was on about. I never put pictures under the bed.

Sure enough, 7am this morning he drags out two dusty old frames from under the bed. I've never seen them in my life. One of them had a charcoal drawing of a woman called Rachel.
I've never clapped eyes on it before.

DH says they aren't his. He thinks I've lost my marbles and have a shit memory.

But I swear I've never seen them before. The picture was made in '92. I was 10.

How the fuck did they get there?!

When I moved in 5 years ago there were no pictures here. No other adults have stayed here and I know he kids wouldn't come up with massive frames with glass and a picture of a naked woman.

How did this happen?!

omione Sun 14-Jul-19 07:51:39

They have to be his, he knew they were there and you didnt

Julykthat Sun 14-Jul-19 07:52:35

I came on to suggest they could have fallen out of a library book blush.

In light of the frames and size I have no idea OP. shock it's a mystery!

QOD Sun 14-Jul-19 07:53:18

Rachel lives under your bed and skitters across your ceiling at night

Oblomov19 Sun 14-Jul-19 07:54:38

John Lyton presumably knows who Rachel of 92 is?

WTFthatsweird Sun 14-Jul-19 07:55:03

No!! Fuck!! I will have nightmares now!

He knows they are there because we moved the bed a few weeks ago to push it up agains the wall after the baby fell out the bed one night 😱

WTFthatsweird Sun 14-Jul-19 07:56:49

Omg does anyone remember "the ghost pushed my baby off the bed"

Was that a Bounty Debates thing? Or MN? I can't remember.

Greenolivesorblackolives Sun 14-Jul-19 07:57:52

Ooo that’s weird.

Greenolivesorblackolives Sun 14-Jul-19 07:58:17

Ooo thats weird.

madcatladyforever Sun 14-Jul-19 08:00:19

Is the woman in the picture getting older everyday?

Soola Sun 14-Jul-19 08:01:02

Was the bed there when you moved in?

Ellabella989 Sun 14-Jul-19 08:01:12

How strange! Is it a rental accommodation? If so are you 100% certain they weren’t left behind by the previous tenant?
If they definitely weren’t in the house when you moved in then the only logical explanation is that they belong to your partner. Has your landlord visited recently and cheekily stored them there? So weird!

Squirrel26 Sun 14-Jul-19 08:01:16

It’s not your house and he’s not your DH. You went back to the wrong address by mistake a few weeks ago. He didn’t like to say anything. Rachel’s wondering when you’re going to go home. grin

Thistles24 Sun 14-Jul-19 08:01:39

I’ve previously bought pictures from the charity shop purely for the frames, which I’ve cleaned and painted, and discarded the original artwork. You didn’t have the intention to do that many moons ago, then forgot about them?

LauderSyme Sun 14-Jul-19 08:02:05

It must have been the baby then wink

To be serious, they must have been in the house when you moved in and you've simply never noticed.

GettickledGETTICKLEDbyspiders Sun 14-Jul-19 08:03:49

Sleep drawing?

Soola Sun 14-Jul-19 08:05:38

Could they have been attached to the underside of the bed and then when your husband moved the bed they came away?

WTFthatsweird Sun 14-Jul-19 08:05:49

Was the bed there when you moved in?

No, in fact that's our third bed. So when DH gets back home from the gym I need to find out at which point he actually discovered them for the first time.

are you 100% sure they weren't left behind by the previous tenant
Very sure. My landlady bought it. She gutted it ripped out the carpets, decorated and recarpeted. It was plain and bare walls and rooms with nothing in. Not even curtain poles.

You didn’t have the intention to do that many moons ago, then forgot about them?

With three rowdy boys I would never in a million years bring home something that had massive sheets of glass in.
Absolutely definitely didn't bring them home and forget about them. Which is exactly what DH thinks I've done and won't beat otherwise.

WTFthatsweird Sun 14-Jul-19 08:08:30

I wouldn't have even been able to carry them up the stairs because I couldn't lift them into the hall way earlier.

There's no physically possible way I would have been able to lug them up two flights of stairs into the flat.

It didn't come with the bed. The bed is just metal frames. It doesn't have drawers or anywhere you could store scecret naked Rachel's.

EleanorReally Sun 14-Jul-19 08:08:55

would another adult, your mother, his mother, have put them there for safe keeping?

EleanorReally Sun 14-Jul-19 08:09:29

oh perhaps the landlady stored them there without you knowing.

IWantMyHatBack Sun 14-Jul-19 08:09:51

"Is the woman in the picture getting older everyday?"

Brilliant.

WTFthatsweird Sun 14-Jul-19 08:12:33

Noooo the landlady hasn't been here since I moved. We use an agency.

No parent or other adult has bought them in and stored them under the bed to my or my husbands knowledge.

Signhereplease Sun 14-Jul-19 08:12:42

DH got them in a charity shop last week & wants to keep them - classic gaslighting you.

His OW sent them via Yodel.

*Both lighthearted theories.

WTFthatsweird Sun 14-Jul-19 08:13:58

Maybe DH is John. shock

Who the fuck is Rachel?!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »