Talk

Advanced search

Would you go to a wedding abroad if you hadn’t met one of the couple?

(9 Posts)
JuliusNicholson Thu 13-Jun-19 13:09:52

My godson is getting married, I’ve never met his fiancée as she’s only been to the UK a few times. They’ve known each other less than a year and don’t live in the same country. So I’m a bit confused about the whole thing. But maybe I’m just getting old? DH thinks we should go. We can afford it. Would you travel abroad for a wedding when you don’t know someone? Has anyone been in a similar position?

lyralalala Thu 13-Jun-19 13:14:17

Yes. I went to Australia for DH’s cousins wedding. I’d never met either and DH hadn’t met his cousins fiancée, but obviously knew his cousin well as he was the best man. They’d been together two years, but finances meant we couldn’t meet up before then.

Happyspud Thu 13-Jun-19 13:16:49

Would you enjoy a wedding abroad? If yes then go. If not then don’t. But these two people are getting married regardless of what you think of their short relationship. The question is only if you will watch then do it or not.

I’d go!

lastqueenofscotland Thu 13-Jun-19 13:25:55

Depends if it was somewhere I wanted to go

Dauphinois Thu 13-Jun-19 20:27:19

He's your Godson. You should go.

Bluerussian Thu 13-Jun-19 20:28:30

Would depend on how close I was to the person I did know.
Go and enjoy!

JuliusNicholson Thu 13-Jun-19 20:47:19

Thank you all! Have spoken to DH and we’re going and will make it part of a holiday smile

CakeNinja Thu 13-Jun-19 20:50:42

Definitely! As part of a holiday (which I see is the plan now).

BubblesBuddy Thu 13-Jun-19 20:51:06

Great idea. That’s what I would do!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »