Talk

Advanced search

Really don’t like nights!

(6 Posts)
BlueMoon1103 Wed 12-Jun-19 20:48:00

Hello,

Anyone else feel really lonely/down/overwhelmed etc. at night? I’m a single Mum and I’m fine in the day but at night I feel awful.

vampirethriller Wed 12-Jun-19 22:53:49

I'm on my own too, it's lonely. I don't miss my ex but I do miss the having someone else physically there.

LokiLocks Wed 12-Jun-19 23:05:33

Night time is hard when you're on your own. I feel the same way you do OP, I'm on autopilot during the day but as soon as everything is done and DS is in bed all those feelings come back again. I've tried taking up hobbies etc to fill the time but usually am too exhausted by evening to do them, which makes the feelings worse. The loneliness gets to me too, it would be nice to have someone to talk to.

Have you tried the lone parents section? I lurk there a lot and it makes me feel a little less lonely. You aren't alone in hating the night. flowers

BlueMoon1103 Thu 13-Jun-19 05:22:58

Thanks for replying. Yes I have looked there, nights when I’m up with my DS like last night are the hardest.

Grammar Thu 13-Jun-19 05:28:26

I'm not good at nights either, I enter a dystopian world where nothing seems logical, reasonably or rational. Wake between 3-4am. Wretched.

Redcherries Thu 13-Jun-19 06:54:23

Nights are horrible, we’re having a stressful time and during the day I’m ok, can be positive. At night I get panicky and so anxious.

I wish I could offer some advice but can only say your not alone and I hope things get better for you x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »