Talk

Advanced search

What's biting me?! Photo

(14 Posts)
anotherconundrum Tue 11-Jun-19 22:40:24

Only being bitten on one leg. All lower leg but seem to have one above the knee now. Other leg fine.

They're quite itchy. Any ideas?!

Mattress is only about 6 weeks old but I do have a dog who sleeps on it (on top of duvet etc) when I'm at work.

I run outside but usually in leggings and that wouldn't explain why only one leg!

No sign of any fleas on the dog.

Aquamarine1029 Tue 11-Jun-19 22:43:02

Looks like possible flea bites.

dellacucina Tue 11-Jun-19 22:44:15

Sorry, probably fleas.

FloofenHoofen Tue 11-Jun-19 22:58:15

Well mosquitoes are out in full force so could it be that? Bed bugs? Fleas? There's only limited choices for that many bites!

Mac47 Tue 11-Jun-19 23:15:06

Looks like fleas to me too. When the cat had them a while ago, couldn't see any on her, but my stair carpet was riddled.

anotherconundrum Wed 12-Jun-19 07:46:32

Oh god I was really hoping that wouldn't be the answer, I feel sick.

Are they a nightmare to get rid of in the house?!

SystolicSyster Wed 12-Jun-19 08:01:29

I'd suggest fleas, too. I thought our indoor cat was safe from them, and didn't find any fleas on her when I looked, but my similar ones still turned out to be fucking fleas!

We wasted time and money trying out various "gentler" or cheaper treatments, so I'd recommend going straight to the more expensive, proper flea treatments, both for the dog and for carpets etc. Wash everything you can in 60 degrees. Throw away the vacuum cleaner bags after every use while you're doing the de-fleaing (or clean it inside if it's bagless).

SystolicSyster Wed 12-Jun-19 08:03:39

Oh, and the cat that had previously looked flealess to me definitely had them, as they came out of hiding, staggering from her undercoat when she got the flea treatment. Yuk. envy

Santasballsack Wed 12-Jun-19 08:37:33

Indorex,i think its called, is fabulous stuff. Available from vets but cheaper on Amazon

BarbarAnna Wed 12-Jun-19 08:40:46

I thought the straight line of bites was bed bugs so worth checking for them.

anotherconundrum Wed 12-Jun-19 11:50:43

Could I have bedbugs in a mattress that's only 6 weeks old?! 😱

Cockadoodledooo Wed 12-Jun-19 13:08:31

Fleas maybe. Or mosquito stuck in the leg of your pyjamas?!

gamerchick Wed 12-Jun-19 13:13:20

Lines of bites can mean bedbugs. It doesnt matter how new the mattress is. I've known a depot have to get rid of a delivery of mattresses because they've picked them up.

They still could be fleas though, especially if you don't keep on top of the flea treatment. Indorex is good. Best to get on top of it now before it gets hard to get rid of.

FloofenHoofen Thu 13-Jun-19 13:06:55

Have you actually checked the mattress and the bed thoroughly?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »