Talk

Advanced search

My mother is a fucking bitch. Anyone else's mother one too?

(207 Posts)
Gottalovesummer Mon 10-Jun-19 21:11:18

Too many examples to list here. But she's a narcissist, self centred, rude fucking person and I feel so much better writing it down here.

Hedgehogblues Sun 16-Jun-19 14:10:55

My parents are so toxic that it's not safe for them to know my child exists. My best friends parents are doing grandparent duty

NarcissistMum Sun 16-Jun-19 14:49:36

Yep. Hence my username. My mother could suck the joy out of a carnival. Critical of everything and everyone. Always has a negative remark to counter any positivity or good news.
My Dad died 3 years ago. On his flowers I wrote You’re free now’ I didn’t mean from illness, I meant from her. Over 50 odd years she ground him down and emotionally bullied him.
I’m very LC with her. Awful woman.

tobeforgotten Sun 16-Jun-19 19:09:41

sunshine, I guess it's just that we can't know, we can't compare?

Like you I'm concerned about how I'll feel afterwards.

SunshineCake Sun 16-Jun-19 19:32:57

Thank you tobeforgotten. it's so obvious now you've said that I feel embarrassed. I've felt I wanted to know the answer for so long it's clearly something that bothers me and I feel it would help to know.

I've mixed feelings as I stopped thinking I'd be worried about unfinished business if she died but then flipped back to worrying.

CraicMammy Mon 17-Jun-19 13:39:57

I wonder if looking into co-dependency might help if you are worried about how you’ll cope with a narc-parents death in the future and/or letting go of the relationship.

Going back to a narc parent Hoping this time they might give us the love or support we crave is like an addiction.

Personally, by letting go of any expectations that they might change and be nice, or that they will ever have a eureka moment and realise what utter shitty shitheads they have been my entire life, I’ve cut the emotional cord. They can give me nothing I need (love, support etc) so I look elsewhere and cherish the relationships that make me feel better and loved. If they ever change, bonus, if not, I’ve got on and lived my life in the meantime without any more of their poison.

tobeforgotten Mon 17-Jun-19 19:51:47

wise words Craic

SunshineCake Tue 18-Jun-19 17:07:12

If that was to me, Craic, I am most definitely not codependent in my mother. I'm assuming you've not read my posts. Still agree with a pp though, good post in parts.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »