Talk

Advanced search

Help me prove she's right - find this video

(36 Posts)
costacoffeecup Fri 24-May-19 03:01:07

Would second the two already mentioned as a starting point!

costacoffeecup Fri 24-May-19 03:00:27

My sister was born in 88 and she loved play days, this us the logo

Intothe Fri 24-May-19 02:50:22

This might help?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_9FqbFwU6Y

Tuesdayrain Fri 24-May-19 02:45:58

Or Playdays?

Tuesdayrain Fri 24-May-19 02:41:24

Could it have been Rod, Jane and Freddy?

PissOffPeppa Fri 24-May-19 02:37:10

Not sure it’s the same one but I had a similar VHS at the same time. I remember the box was white with pastel-coloured alphabet blocks, but not the name of it.

HermioneMakepeace Fri 24-May-19 02:10:57

Sorry, just seen when you were born. I’ll have a think...

HermioneMakepeace Fri 24-May-19 02:10:23

How old are you? Just trying to work out what time period we’re talking about.

SpeckofStardust Fri 24-May-19 02:08:11

There used to be a weekly show called the Good Old Days, it was staged like an old time Music Hall variety show, it was set in a theatre, they were costumed in Victorian style and they’d sing those kind of songs. The only other thing I can think of like that would be the Black and White Minstrel Show but tbh I think they both went off the air long before 1987.

dramallamaforamama Fri 24-May-19 01:53:22

Smiley - not smoky!!

dramallamaforamama Fri 24-May-19 01:52:59

My grandmother has had dementia for some time but she has moments of absolute lucidity. My mother, however, insists that things she says during those moments are rubbish. She's wrong. She has form for gaslighting in general but this is getting a bit much...

The last couple of times GM has been lucid, she's told me she remembers a video that I used to watch as a child (I was born in 87 so late 80s/v early 90s). It was a live action sort of thing with real (overly smiley) people singing songs - some nursery rhymes, but also some more current (for then) stuff. I remember this too but I cannot find the video or even its title - can anyone help?

Some of the songs I remember from the video with details:

The sun has got his hat on (one man and one woman singing this both with straw hats that had a hole in the top - when they put them over their face it looked like a smiley sun with the brim as the corona)

Lambeth walk

Boiled beef and carrots

This ole house - sung by a very smoky man next to a sort of cartoon/graphic of a house which kept losing parts

Getting to know you

Underneath the spreading chestnut tree - smiley man wore yellow for this one and kneeled down while some woman sat on his knee

It's a very long shot but I need to prove my poor GM right and get my toxic mother to back down. Anyone ever heard of this?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »