Talk

Advanced search

Son complaining he’s got a sore stomach..

(8 Posts)
flamed12 Thu 16-May-19 13:00:56

But ate two large bowls of breakfast and was playing around and dancing whilst getting ready. He complained of a sore stomach and sore arms.

I sent him to school and he seemed fine and his temperature was fine.

School phoned at 10am asking him to be picked up. I said that’s fine. She said “he did already tell you this morning he was unwell!” And seemed annoyed that I had sent him.

He has said he hasn’t felt well in the past but after getting ready seemed fine and was fine for the rest of the day.

Wibu to send him?

BlueChampagne Thu 16-May-19 13:06:42

I'd have sent him too, if that's any consolation. How old is he? Was he actually sick at school?

NewSchoolNewName Thu 16-May-19 13:07:23

If I thought my DC was exaggerating or making things up to get out of school, and if I thought that my DC was actually fine, then I’d have sent them into school too.

KatsutheClockworkOctopus Thu 16-May-19 13:23:56

No. not unreasonable. I would and have sent DS in similar circumstances.

Stayawayfromitsmouth Thu 16-May-19 14:11:53

My ds 5you has the same thing. Doc said it was gastro-enteritis.
He complained of tummy aches randomly but was eating and not vomiting so I sent him in. But he came down with a temp and fatigue by lunchtime and was sent home.
It did not present in the usual manner.
Rest and fluids and he'll be better soon.

gower4 Thu 16-May-19 14:52:26

I'd have sent mine in as well, OP, but on the understanding that the school
might need to phone me if he went downhill.

KittensinaBlender Thu 16-May-19 14:58:00

I would have sent him in too.

I felt ill when I woke the other morning, but sick and a gripey stomach. Was fine by 11am. Unless there is a temperature or vomiting or moderate to severe pain I wouldn’t keep any of mine off for a bit of a stomach ache (and actually our school always advise sending them in and see how they go).

hazeyjane Thu 16-May-19 15:04:02

They can seem so much perkier at home than at school.

It's a pain, but I'd rather they rang (even with the snarky comment) than not.... on Monday when I picked up ds he was pale and barely able to stand with a temperature of 39.1. He had told his TA he had a tummy ache and looked awful, but they just made him do PE and didn't even say anything at pick up. So bloody rubbish.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: