Talk

Advanced search

Where can I get help with GDPR compliance?

(3 Posts)
desklamp Thu 16-May-19 12:11:31

I work for a very small company that only recently changed from sole trader to limited. I am the only employee apart from the owner.

I only recently started the job and am trying to get up to speed with GDPR compliance. We need policy documents and I'm feeling quite confused with all the information required in these documents.

Is there a simple, step-by-step guide somewhere I can use? The ICO has been helpful so far, but I keep delving off into different rabbit-holes trying to complete just one document. It's making me a bit cross-eyed tbh!

Is it worth purchasing a package for such a small company? What is a trustworthy source for this?

Thanks very much.

BendyLikeBeckham Thu 16-May-19 12:20:25

OP, stick with the ICO.

ico.org.uk/for-organisations/data-protection-self-assessment/assessment-for-small-business-owners-and-sole-traders/

ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/introduction-to-data-protection/some-basic-concepts/

If you want documents, then I recommend Simplydocs which is cheap for loads of legal documents.

desklamp Thu 16-May-19 15:54:39

Thanks for this.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »