Talk

Advanced search

Anyone from Bury?

(14 Posts)
twosoups1972 Wed 15-May-19 22:21:14

Does anyone know if the Bury tram station, the Met theatre and the Bury Premier Inn are within walking distance of each other?

nothernexposure Wed 15-May-19 22:34:10

Pretty much, tram station is about 5 minutes away from the Met. The Premier Inn is a bit further away, near Bury college so about 10 minutes from the Met. All easily walkable unless you're carrying massive suitcases. Hope you have a good time!

twosoups1972 Wed 15-May-19 22:45:33

Thank you, going to Victoria Wood event, sooooo excited!

twosoups1972 Wed 15-May-19 22:46:28

Oh one more question - where is Bury Art Gallery?

nothernexposure Wed 15-May-19 22:56:47

Oo that sounds great, am jealous and knew nothing about it despite being relatively local! The art gallery is more over towards the town hall. Bury town centre is really pretty small so it's all fairly close by. It's not too far from the Premier Inn and used to have a nice cafe in it! The met ( the bit next to the theatre) does food and drink which is pretty good if you're looking for some where to eat. Let me know if you want any more info.

Starisnotanumber Wed 15-May-19 23:04:06

Anyone interested there are tickets still available for the afternoon show starting at 3.30

SkintAsASkintThing Wed 15-May-19 23:25:51

There's a lovely sculpture park near bury. Get the steam train from the east lancs railway just around the corner from the premier Inn.

latedecember1963 Thu 16-May-19 07:43:36

Bury Museum is on Moss Street, BL9 0DR, opens at 10 am.
Enjoy your visit to Bury!

Starisnotanumber Thu 16-May-19 09:44:12

Very detailed reply. Get off tram at bury turn left left again past bike storage area there's a main road with a subway under it slightly to your right, go under subway premier Inn is just there.
To get to bury art gallery go up ramp at outside premier Inn to road at top go towards traffic lights cross over to side of road away from bus station walk past The Art Picture house pub art gallery is round first corner .Statue is on grassed area opposite.
To get to met back to road walk past knowsley pub past the takeaways cross at the crossing the net is in the old building on that side of the road.

twosoups1972 Thu 16-May-19 11:14:17

Thank you so much! I'm not arriving until late Sat afternoon but just wondering if it's worth arriving earlier to see Bury Market?

x2boys Thu 16-May-19 11:17:56

.maybe an hour early for Bury market, it's a good market, etc,but it is just a market, I was born and bred up in Bury,now live in Bolton.

latedecember1963 Thu 16-May-19 12:44:26

The market is worth a mooch about.
My friend who relocated to the South East years ago is always amused to see coach trips to up here that include "Bury's World Famous Market". 😁

TowerRingInferno Thu 16-May-19 15:19:18

Market isn’t that exciting imho. Worth a look if you’ve time to kill but I wouldn’t come early for it or make a special trip.

SkintAsASkintThing Fri 17-May-19 11:18:32

So many bargains on bury market. I'm taking a freezer bag and ice packs next time I'm in the area to take advantage of the bargains 😂😂😂

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »