Talk

Advanced search

To be horrified at the idea of mandatory vasectomy

(93 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

theonerealdiva22 Wed 15-May-19 21:11:57

So now people want mandatory vasectomy for men. This disgusts me for several reasons
- I knows several men who fight for pro choice and this is what they get.
- they want "control of their own body". Yeah more like women have control of a man's body as well
- it will lead to future problems. If we do this then there will be people in a few years time complaining about it like the abortion debate now.
- it's not as reversible as it seems. Apparently it gets And harder to reverse as time goes on. So if your someone who decides not to have kids until 40 aka later in life (no shame on that have kids whenever you can safely have them) but if you did that theres less of a chance
- abortions still won't be fully unwanted. There will still be the situation here and there where someone gets excited to start a family, husband dies, Loses everything and can't support baby (hopefully none of that ever happens to anyone reading this)
Am I the only one who feels this way. Share this if you agree with me to give EVERYONE control over their own bodies

theonerealdiva22 Wed 15-May-19 21:12:40

If DH was controlling when I could and couldn't have the biological ability to have kids it would be seen as abuse by a lot of people but it's ok when I do it to him?

Gilead Wed 15-May-19 21:18:01

It’s a face book meme pointing out the inequality; nothing more.

theonerealdiva22 Wed 15-May-19 21:20:49

@Gilead a tonne of people actually want it. It horrifies me DS is shitting himself because people in our area are all for it and want it now!!! He's also pro choice as well as a Proud women's right supporter and he thinks it's unfair that this is his reward for doing that

Etino Wed 15-May-19 21:22:18

hmm
Please apply some critical thinking.

Gilead Wed 15-May-19 21:22:35

Where are you? If you’re dad is distressed support him, it isn’t going to happen and you know it.

Gilead Wed 15-May-19 21:22:51

Ds

BalthazarImpresario Wed 15-May-19 21:23:08

I doubt people do actuality want it, instead they want women's bodies to be their own and not governed by men or a made up book.

WeeDangerousSpike Wed 15-May-19 21:24:15

What on earth are you talking about confused

theonerealdiva22 Wed 15-May-19 21:24:45

Sorry if there's mistakes in it I've messed up my auto correct long story short I had to write an email and a tonne of the words weren't recognised but now I've added words that don't exist to my phones dictionary and I need to fix that

theonerealdiva22 Wed 15-May-19 21:25:22

@WeeDangerousSpike it's been all I'm seeing on my twitter literally tweets upon tweets upon tweets about it even when I block half the people they still show up!!!

OnlyFoolsnMothers Wed 15-May-19 21:25:57

Well it isn’t happening so can we shift back to the actual laws that have been passed

Outofinspiration Wed 15-May-19 21:26:13

What the fuck?

The 'mandatory vasectomy' thing is simply an illustration of what the equivalent of men having their bodies and reproductive rights controlled would be.

Are you trolling? You are not seriously suggesting that your grown up DS is actually 'shitting himself' that a load of women are going to hold him down and force him to have the snip are you? 😂

newtlover Wed 15-May-19 21:26:23

er, nobody is wanting this
if they were, I'd be against it
as it is I'm not going to waste energy on it, other than ti tell OP to calm down

CupoTeap Wed 15-May-19 21:26:53

Why aren't you telling your son to get a grip

SDTGisAnEvilWolefGenius Wed 15-May-19 21:27:12

Explain to your ds that people are trying to get men to realise how awful it feels having your reproductive rights taken away by a legislature made up mainly of people of the opposite sex to you, and that, in a parliament that is so heavily weighted towards men, it is not going to happen.

No credible political party would consider this as a policy - but one of the two major parties in America is legislating control over women’s bodies.

DamnShesaSexyChick Wed 15-May-19 21:27:19

Don't worry yourself, that would never happen because it is something which restricts men's rights, not women's.

theonerealdiva22 Wed 15-May-19 21:28:06

@CupoTeap because he's having it literally forced down his throat every time he leaves the house. People where we live aren't nice in fact illegal activity is regular and always covered up id rather not go into detail about that part for my own safety

mollysshadow Wed 15-May-19 21:28:13

This has to be a wind up hmm

AppleKatie Wed 15-May-19 21:28:24

You know that things written on the internet aren’t automatically true right?

theonerealdiva22 Wed 15-May-19 21:28:55

@Outofinspiration grown up? He's 15!!!!!! This is the stuff they're told about at school

theonerealdiva22 Wed 15-May-19 21:29:23

@AppleKatie when it's blowing up my life literally my life I'm too scared to think otherwise

mollysshadow Wed 15-May-19 21:29:26

No it isn't

Outofinspiration Wed 15-May-19 21:29:32

@CupoTeap because he's having it literally forced down his throat every time he leaves the house. People where we live aren't nice in fact illegal activity is regular and always covered up id rather not go into detail about that part for my own safety

Wha... ?

AppleKatie Wed 15-May-19 21:29:35

You live in an area (of the uk?) where you fear vigilante groups will force your DS to have a vasectomy against his will!???

No you don’t.

SilverGoldBronze Wed 15-May-19 21:30:02

Your DS sounds a bit thick tbh

titchy Wed 15-May-19 21:30:01

hmm

Outofinspiration Wed 15-May-19 21:31:10

@Outofinspiration grown up? He's 15!!!!!! This is the stuff they're told about at school

I assumed he was grown up as you had said about him being an advocate for women's rights etc.

Seriously, if this is true (and I don't think it is but hey ho) then you need to do your job as a mum and reassure your distressed DS that no one is going to be forcing him to have a vasectomy!

GCAcademic Wed 15-May-19 21:31:12

Don’t be so fucking stupid. This is how civilisation ends, when people can’t use their fucking brains.

Quintella Wed 15-May-19 21:31:13

Yeah, it's true OP. They're rolling out the first round of mandatory vasectomies shortly. Frozen food aisles in Tesco and Morrisons are being turned into willy clinics.

AnyFucker Wed 15-May-19 21:31:14

Stop being silly, op

ICJump Wed 15-May-19 21:31:18

Honestly, take a breath, then have a thick about it.

titchy Wed 15-May-19 21:31:41

People where we live aren't nice in fact illegal activity is regular and always covered up

What you mean where you live criminal go around hacking at random blokes' bollocks?

RosaWaiting Wed 15-May-19 21:31:54

wondering where you live

seriously OP you have misunderstood

people are just demonstrating the equal action if it were taken against men.

interesting that it provokes outrage.

Spinnaret Wed 15-May-19 21:32:53

People are forcing what down his throat every time he leaves the house? Where in earth do you live that this is happening? Do you really not understand that people are just trying to force a parallel view to the control of women's reproductive rights? If your DS is as pro-choice as you say, he should be able to grasp this. Or is it that actually, when the shoe is on the other foot, suddenly he becomes a lot less comfortable with control?

Outofinspiration Wed 15-May-19 21:33:06

What you mean where you live criminal go around hacking at random blokes' bollocks?

😂

titchy Wed 15-May-19 21:33:12

Your DS sounds a bit thick tbh

I don't think the apple fell far from the tree! <Awaits OP stating it can't have done because he wasn't conceived in an orchard>

BestZebbie Wed 15-May-19 21:34:02

For context:
Mandatory vasectomy has managed to make it into law on eugenics grounds a couple of times - America in particular did it (and on a wider scale than the Nazis did shortly after). It has only ever managed to get passed, so far, as something to impose on people seen as less-human, on whatever spurious grounds - not usually the "man-in-the-street" (unless he does something to particularly annoy the government).

S1naidSucks Wed 15-May-19 21:34:56

Frozen food aisles in Tesco and Morrisons are being turned into willy clinics.

Would they not be known as Chilly Willy Clinics? 🥶 🗡🍆

Emmapeeler Wed 15-May-19 21:36:14

Don't worry yourself, that would never happen because it is something which restricts men's rights, not women's

Quite.

OP - maybe just don’t read twitter?confused

Absolutepowercorrupts Wed 15-May-19 21:37:38

Honestly, take a breath, have a thick about it
Fucking best auto correct I've seen for a long time.
Op as Anyfucker said stop being so stupid

AppleKatie Wed 15-May-19 21:38:10

OP if you aren’t trolling I suggest you see your GP because you clearly aren’t well.

AntennaReborn Wed 15-May-19 21:38:57

What you mean where you live criminal go around hacking at random blokes' bollocks? grin

Absolutepowercorrupts Wed 15-May-19 21:40:54

Ok, sorry Anyfucker didn't say stupid, silly was the comment, my mistake.
But I do think your a bit daft to think that this could happen. Men will never be forced into having vasectomies because Men

Absolutepowercorrupts Wed 15-May-19 21:42:14

You're a bit daft not your

StickOfRhubarb Wed 15-May-19 21:43:08

Your hysterical.

I can't imagine being so ill informed.

edwardcullensotherwoman Wed 15-May-19 21:43:31

You've had my first ever report OP, I agree with a PP, this is either trolling or you are very unwell.

PurpleDaisies Wed 15-May-19 21:44:11

I’m very confused by this.

ihatemyjobsomuch Wed 15-May-19 21:44:18

You can’t seriously believe this? Do you live in the UK? Do you honestly think the government are going to shell out cash to give every man in the country a vasectomy against their wishes? They can barely afford to spend more than £3.65 per inpatient meal, do you have any idea how much it would cost to a) make vasectomies law, because I’m pretty sure they’d have a legal fight on their hands
b) perform a vasectomies in every man in the country while there waiting lists that are backlogged by months as.
c) deal with any post op complaints, complications, legal issues.

Drogosnextwife Wed 15-May-19 21:47:08

Sounds like a great idea!

MashedSpud Wed 15-May-19 21:47:11

Odder than odd.

BogglesGoggles Wed 15-May-19 21:49:46

Well if there ever was an argument to be made for mandatory sterilisation this thread is it.

SuckingOnDiesel Wed 15-May-19 21:52:36

If you live in Alabama, where (IIRC) it was only suggested to highlight the ridiculousless of criminalising abortions, you're crazy.

If you live in the UK, and think this would ever happen to you or your family, you're batshit.

🤷🏽‍♀️

Motheroffeminists Wed 15-May-19 21:52:37

Wtf? Do you live near a glue factory and due to the warm weather have had all your windows open and therefore had a higher dose of fumes than is advisable? That would explain the batshittery of both you and your town.

gamerwidow Wed 15-May-19 21:52:43

Stop being daft OP it's satire showing the ridiculousness of not allowing people bodily autonomy.
It's saying the forcing women to give birth against their will to stop abortions is as ridiculous as forcing men to have vasectomies to stop abortions.

Maybe use this as a time to educate your DS on critical thinking and not taking everything you see in the media at face value.

CupoTeap Wed 15-May-19 21:54:24

Op i appreciate your response however it's really not giving enough info. You both do sound a bit hysterical to the rest of us as it is not something we have heard or experienced.

S1naidSucks Wed 15-May-19 21:55:20

BogglesGoggles 🤣

lunar1 Wed 15-May-19 21:55:28

Where on earth do you live?

MaybeMonday Wed 15-May-19 21:56:51

Have you been T rexing with Sharon?

speakout Wed 15-May-19 21:57:11

Totally confused here.

tinytemper66 Wed 15-May-19 21:57:13

Men can't get vasectomies when they ask for it in some health trusts as they prefer women to keep taking contraception instead!

GCAcademic Wed 15-May-19 21:58:15

Well if there ever was an argument to be made for mandatory sterilisation this thread is it.

😂

Celebelly Wed 15-May-19 21:58:46

😂😂😂 This has proper tickled me. This can't be real.

tinytemper66 Wed 15-May-19 21:59:25

I must add I wrote the first post before realising your son is 15!
🤦🏻‍♀️😲

thegreatcrestednewt Wed 15-May-19 22:00:16

Wtaf have I just read? Oh, op.

YourSarcasmIsDripping Wed 15-May-19 22:03:06

Have him declare as trans and then he'll magically have a vagina not a penis and be safe from the awful ,shady corner individuals.

Nottheduchess Wed 15-May-19 22:03:39

What a bonkers thread, I’m just marking my spot for the deletion message.

cdtaylornats Wed 15-May-19 22:03:59

It was proposed by an American actress - not a politician.

BrainScience Wed 15-May-19 22:04:52

I’m hoping you don’t know what the word literally means. If you actually mean he’s literally having forced vasectomies shoved down his throat whenever he leaves the house then I’d probably move house.

LaurieFairyCake Wed 15-May-19 22:06:43

Funniest thread for a while grin

NunoGoncalves Wed 15-May-19 22:06:59

It's blowing up your life literally your life?

What does that even mean?

PanamaPattie Wed 15-May-19 22:07:11

WTAF

HebeMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 15-May-19 22:07:22

Evening, everyone. We're not entirely sure what's going on here but since the OP doesn't seem to be coming back, we're going to delete the thread now.

HappyRoots Wed 15-May-19 22:08:18

Probably a good idea. OP is in the UK and I'm pretty sure genuinely believes what she's written unfortunately.

AlaskanOilBaron Wed 15-May-19 22:08:19

Having heard nothing of the sort, I googled 'forced vasectomies' and it turned up this:

"View" host Joy Behar suggested on Wednesday that Alabama lawmakers should be forced to undergo vasectomies after voting for what's being described as the most restrictive abortion ban in the nation.

So it's really nothing more than this.

Maybe you should try to talk some reason to your son.

BlueSkiesLies Wed 15-May-19 22:10:05

DS is shitting himself because people in our area are all for it and want it now!!!

Oh fuck off is this true

IHateUncleJamie Wed 15-May-19 22:11:35

Share this if you agree with me to give EVERYONE control over their own bodies

Heh? Share it where? This isn’t Facebook. OP are you quite well?

specterlitt Wed 15-May-19 22:13:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MangoBananaSleep Wed 15-May-19 22:28:36

Nooo @MNHQ please don’t delete this! I’ve got real tears rolling down my cheeks with some of the comments

Absolutepowercorrupts Wed 15-May-19 22:36:43

Your son is shitting himself about a totally made up story? Op, if I had a spare grip I would happily hand it to you. I need my grips for myself though. Maybe do a bit of research before you succumb to irrational thinking. Or stock up on toilet paper.

kaytee87 Wed 15-May-19 22:37:49

@mnhq leave it up, it's brilliant grin

titchy Wed 15-May-19 22:40:03

OP has an erm, interesting posting history!

GabsAlot Wed 15-May-19 22:40:10

Erm its not real people are just saying well if you can control women why cant we control men

Its not happening

FiremanKing Wed 15-May-19 22:41:57

A whole new meaning to the ‘Scissor Sisters!’ grin

GabsAlot Wed 15-May-19 22:43:28

Is there someone in your house/garden op?

bobstersmum Wed 15-May-19 22:45:16

Is it a full moon?

InsertFunnyUsername Wed 15-May-19 22:45:49

Get him a groin guard, he will be grand.

FiremanKing Wed 15-May-19 23:07:10

To op’s son -

Come out, come out wherever you are....grin

specterlitt Wed 15-May-19 23:18:59

@FiremanKing grin

OP, please do tell us how your son expressed his distress to you. What did he say? Are there people after him? Is he on a government list?

Please share if you think OP should tell us! grin

Motheroffeminists Thu 16-May-19 07:16:39

Batshit

ArgyMargy Thu 16-May-19 07:33:58

@Motheroffeminists "do you live near a glue factory?" - loving this variation on "are you on glue?" grin

Outofinspiration Thu 16-May-19 07:39:02

Delighted to see this thread still here!

Plornish Thu 16-May-19 16:27:39

Op, are you and your DS in fact cats? Everywhere I go there are billboards telling people to neuter their felines. 😾🙀😿

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »