Talk

Advanced search

True fact about yourself that no one believes

(365 Posts)
Kernobhead Wed 15-May-19 20:14:48

When I was at university (5 yr course with a year in industry, so 4 yrs of teaching) I never missed a single lecture, seminar, lab or tutorial. If it was on the timetable I was there. We had large contact hours (engineering degree, so about 25 hrs per week) so was quite a lot to fit in.

I’ve told this to a few people over the years when the topic comes up in conversation. No one has ever believed me, and it’s not something I can prove or disprove either way!

Anything you have done in the past that no one believes and you have no way of proving?

motortroll Wed 15-May-19 20:18:26

I don't go to church, we are not believers, we didn't even get married in a church.

I used to be an altar server. Blows peoples minds!

SnowyAlpsandPeaks Wed 15-May-19 20:20:54

I can play 9 instruments of the brass and woodwind family. Ds’s play drums and guitar, I can play neither lol.

floraloctopus Wed 15-May-19 20:21:06

That I was once the only person living on a small island.

ThenOutCameTheSunshine Wed 15-May-19 20:24:51

That William Shakespeare is in my family tree (way down the line). A member of his family married into mine.

MsAwesomeDragon Wed 15-May-19 20:26:19

People would never believe I didn't do homework at school. Even other people in my class!! I don't know why I never got into trouble for it until sixth form, but I didn't do any homework from year 9 up to year 11. Even coursework was only done the day before the deadline, my teachers must have been beside themselves.

Nobody ever believes me. It's not something I tell many people though, it's not an attitude I want to promote, especially since I'm a teacher now.

The other thing people are massively shocked about is that I had dd1 on my own, having conceived on a gap year traveling abroad and having no contact with her father since I discovered I was pregnant. I'm boringly conventional now, so my wild days are a shock to people who only met me once I was settled and boring.

Ineedamanipedi Wed 15-May-19 20:27:24

That I used to date the guitarist from a well-known rock band. Also from the age of 15 I was a regular party animal going to clubs such as Cream and the Hacienda at the weekends.
I’m sure my mum friends don’t believe me when it’s come up in conversation as I’m so normal and boring nowadays!

TheRealHousewifeofCheshire Wed 15-May-19 20:30:49

@Ineedamanipedi... do tell

@Floraloctupus which island? Where?

I cant think of one...

Coffee2sugars Wed 15-May-19 20:37:03

I'm 45 and have a 70yr old Korean brother or sister, however I'm not sure what sex they are 👀👀

Marmablade Wed 15-May-19 20:38:56

I've never said the F word

lljkk Wed 15-May-19 20:41:44

folk are surprised that I'm really slow & incapable at sport.
Because I have for decades spent a lot of time in fitness activities (running, swimming, cycling etc) people think I must be very good at all of those. Strong & fast.
Nope. I have worked very hard to reach the dizzy heights of mediocre. I'm damn proud of it, too. smile.

misscockerspaniel Wed 15-May-19 20:47:42

As a child, I used to send my pocket money to a good cause run by two lads in a back bedroom. When they decided to go to legit, I was invited to be a founder member but I decided not to take up the offer because it had become too political for my liking. The charity is now a household name throughout the world and as a founder member, well, my life would be very different grin

tinytemper66 Wed 15-May-19 20:48:19

That deep down I am shy!

bowtieandheels Wed 15-May-19 20:49:44

That I was baptised a Mormon on my 8th birthday...I'm totally non religious and have hippy parents.

Ineedamanipedi Wed 15-May-19 20:53:15

realhousewife all il say is: they’re from Manchester, he dyes his hair grin and if I’d married him (not that he asked) I’d be richer than all the real housewives of Cheshire put together!!

TheRealHousewifeofCheshire Wed 15-May-19 20:53:38

Which charity?

Some.of these are fascinating?

How come you don't know the sex coffee3sugars?

SmartyPants0 Wed 15-May-19 20:59:59

I have never never tried a cigarette...

ICloud54 Wed 15-May-19 21:00:29

That I've never eaten a banana or mango!

DoxxedFox Wed 15-May-19 21:02:03

@floraloctopus Are you a lighthouse keeper??!!

Villanellesproudmum Wed 15-May-19 21:04:18

I’m trained to kill.

Coffee2sugars Wed 15-May-19 21:04:24

Realhousewife My dad was 54 when I was born so was old enough to be in WW2 and the Korean war. He met a girl when serving in Korea in the army, started a relationship, she got pregnant and he then got shipped back just before she had the baby. He had no way of keeping in contact with her in those days.

I always joke that there's a Korean old man or lady wandering round with a Geordie twang to their accent!

Waterlemon Wed 15-May-19 21:08:28

@MsAwesomeDragon

I also rarely did my homework- usually I copied someone else’s in the toilets at break time. When we went in to school to collect our GCSE results, my friend was distraught to find out that I got a higher grade than her - she said “how did you do better than me, when it was me that did all your homework?!” blush

Even at uni, I completed every essay and assignment at the very last minute. Often staying up and working through the night.

I am also now a teacher! grin

Coffee2sugars Wed 15-May-19 21:09:27

Just realised they would be 67ish not 70....

floraloctopus Wed 15-May-19 21:09:50

I worked one summer as warden on an island and the other person was taken ill and air lifted off when the third person was on holiday so I had a few days with just me until the third person came back.

Bubblysqueak Wed 15-May-19 21:14:16

I've never tried a cigarette or drugs.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: