Advanced search

Aldi truffles (lindor copies) don't contain Palm Oil

(36 Posts)
madeyemoodysmum Tue 14-May-19 20:00:55

That is all I need to say on the matter

MustardScreams Tue 14-May-19 20:03:05

I love you. Thank you!!!!!

AdoraBell Tue 14-May-19 20:04:59

Well done Aldi 👍 if they can do it then others can too.

marvellousnightforamooncup Tue 14-May-19 20:06:20

That is very interesting information.

SnugglySnerd Tue 14-May-19 20:07:09

That's great news!!

LoveB Tue 14-May-19 20:07:25

Ok I need to know how these compare (taste-wise) to lindor? Are they as good?!

HairycakeLinehan Tue 14-May-19 20:08:12

I didn’t think the Lindor ones did shock

madeyemoodysmum Tue 14-May-19 20:08:35

Chomping through now and I’d say definitely a good alternative

madeyemoodysmum Tue 14-May-19 20:09:41

Tbh I don’t know if the lindor ones do. But I’m trying to cut down on palm oil so this was a happy discovery

goose1964 Tue 14-May-19 20:38:43

If you're trying to avoid palm oil a lot of products containing SLS, shampoos etc, use them made from palm oil.

madeyemoodysmum Tue 14-May-19 21:58:20

Thank you goose

MadameGazelleIsMyHomegirl Tue 14-May-19 22:03:53

Yes the lindor ones now have palm oil in. It’s totLly ruined the taste and texture. So annoying!!!!!
What’s the precise name of the Aldi ones please?

BrokenWing Tue 14-May-19 22:13:06

Excellent, if you can find a calorie free version now that would be great 👍🏻

madeyemoodysmum Tue 14-May-19 22:20:22

Aldi truffles. The box is gold and the same shape as the lindor ones. It’s the choc brand they always use but I forget actual name

noraclavicle Tue 14-May-19 22:25:09

Praise the Lord! Lindor were my fabourite ever chocolates, but palm oil was a deal-breaker. Thing is...are the Aldi ones all individually wrapped in bits of plastic that ho straight into landfill too? sad

DontCallMeShitley Tue 14-May-19 22:46:48

Moser Roth is the name you are looking for I think?

I miss the Lindt ones, had just discovered them and then they changed them.

Only problem is I hate shopping in Aldi.

RaptorWhiskers Tue 14-May-19 22:49:03

They don’t contain gluten either, unlike the Lindt ones. They taste exactly the same!

lboogy Tue 14-May-19 23:19:37

I know people want to save gorillas and whatnot, but consider the poor farmers who rely on the sale of palm oil to live when you're applying corporate pressure

FissionChips Tue 14-May-19 23:25:34

lboogy would you buy cheaply made clothing because the poor children who make it rely on their 5p/hr wage to live?

ChardonnaysPrettySister Tue 14-May-19 23:26:28

Orangutans and rainforest. Not gorilla.

Get your facts straight.

DontCallMeShitley Tue 14-May-19 23:26:35

I won't eat palm oil and sugar when there is actual chocolate to buy so corporate pressure is not the issue.

However, it used to be that palm oil was used in non-food items, so adding it to everything because it is cheap is not an ethical move. When the forests have gone those farmers will have no more palm oil, and those forests will soon be gone, along with the animals that rely on them and have no choice. Farmers can farm something else, as they did before.

MadameGazelleIsMyHomegirl Wed 15-May-19 12:14:17

I have just discovered a carrier bag in my bedroom, containing a selection of chocolates including hotel chocolat and lindor, which I think must have been my Christmas presents in about 2016/17. I obviously hid them from small children, but hid them far too well... in the interests of research for this thread, I’ve just eaten one of the lindor. It tasted waaaay better than they do now, despite its advanced age. Proof that palm oil is shit.

madeyemoodysmum Wed 15-May-19 12:26:27

The amount of rain forest being cleared will give those poor farmers no planet in two generations so then there will be no employment.

Watch the David Attenborough doc on bbc 1

MadameGazelleIsMyHomegirl Wed 15-May-19 12:30:28

What Madeye said. WATCH the David Attenborough climate change doco on iplayer. It’s been a total game changer for me: we need to act NOW.

Propertywoes Wed 15-May-19 12:48:40

If it's urgent we act now wouldn't it be better to not buy chocolate at all? It's not an essential food, it's bad for you and just think of the resources used in getting that chocolate to you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: