Talk

Advanced search

Things that have shocked me as a cleaner

(264 Posts)
CleaningDiscoveries Thu 25-Apr-19 19:54:45

I have 15 clients a week

95% use ‘disposable ‘ wipes

90% don’t recycle (I root through their bins & recycle but it’s obviously only 1 day a week)

riverislands Mon 29-Apr-19 08:54:26

Do not use wet wipes!!

Plumbers are not overly expensive round here- £120 a day. But my bill when my DD used wetwipes a couple of years ago was £360 . Yes, 3 days to clear wetwipes, and tiles had to be broken, a pipe through the bathroom wall moved, and finally a day to access drains in the garden. Even power hoses and dynarod can't help with them.

So use them at your peril. It certainly taught me a lesson.

Catchingbentcoppers Mon 29-Apr-19 09:02:13

Because the people who have cleaners are lazy bastards who don't give a shit about the planet.

Fuck you @onegiftedgal. I have cancer and not up to much right now. And I want to live in a clean house while I go through this shit experience. I do hope that's ok with you up there on your high horse.

RiversDisguise Mon 29-Apr-19 09:10:58

She was being ironic.

onegiftedgal Mon 29-Apr-19 10:08:41

@Catchingbentcoppers
Thanks for that. You're not the only one experiencing health issues though.
You have a cleaner because you need the help, of course that is fine.
But those who can only survive through having a cleaner and are STILL using mountains of wipes ARE lazy and the type of people who are destroying this planet.
I have no idea why non degradable wipes of any type have not been banned though.

Li11iput Mon 29-Apr-19 10:29:17

Shame on anyone for judging how people live in their own homes, especially if you're paid by them.

ChardonnaysPrettySister Mon 29-Apr-19 11:01:27

Shame on those who cannot be bothered to make even the slightest effort to reduce their waste.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 29-Apr-19 11:06:02

Shame on anyone for judging how people live in their own homes, especially if you're paid by them anyone who leaves used condoms around for someone else to clean up deserves to be judged.

Catchingbentcoppers Mon 29-Apr-19 11:40:39

@onegiftedgal I never, at any point, said I was the only one with health issues. In fact, I didn't mention it at all until your post and if you look at my previous posts, you'll see that I am one of the posters who said that I thought disposable wipes were awful and never use them.

However, I was rude and I apologise.

SihtricsHorseWitnere Mon 29-Apr-19 14:16:21

Tut, tut, condoms! Single use plastic!

ChopinIn10Minuets Mon 29-Apr-19 18:41:17

I did hear about a distant family connection who once came to stay with my GPs and hung his, er, 'laundry' on the pipe leading up to the hot water heater...envy

pineapplebryanbrown Fri 03-May-19 13:00:03

Chopin what laundry? Not his condoms hopefully?

tanpestryfirescreen Fri 03-May-19 13:36:35

Chopin what laundry? Not his condoms hopefully?

Drying out and reusing a condom must be environmentally friendly?

tanpestryfirescreen Fri 03-May-19 13:39:32

Terrible bloody things. They should be banned. Along with 4 by 4s. I can tell that's gonna be popular.

I clean by 4 by 4 with disposable wipes- inside and out. I use unicorn tears as an additional deep clean product.

SchadenfreudePersonified Sat 04-May-19 10:16:20

Tut, tut, condoms! Single use plastic!

We can but hope . . . .

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »