Talk

Advanced search

Have you got any famous friends?

(235 Posts)
SauvingnonBlanketyBlanc Thu 18-Apr-19 08:50:01

I haven't and I don't know anyone that has.Must be weird to be on a night out and have constant attention from strangers.

Popcorntwice Tue 23-Apr-19 23:10:49

I have one friend who is regularly on tv; mainly documentary and discussion type shows. Another friend is a well known author.

Daisywho Tue 23-Apr-19 21:44:50

My neighbour used to be in an 80s new wave band. She was absolutely lovely - really warm and funny. I had no idea she’d been a pop star in a previous life until the week after we moved out!

ForalltheSaints Tue 23-Apr-19 18:21:08

For many years I knew the manager of several well-known bands, lost touch sadly after I moved house.

Two of my family are reasonably well known, one has appeared on Pointless Celebrities. A more distant relative was an MP in their country.

cakesandphotos Tue 23-Apr-19 17:23:54

My old form tutor's cousin played the bass in the Kaizer Chiefs. No idea what his name is though. I also have a friend who's friend is one of the Saturdays. And my friend's brother's friend is friends with the Princes. I think I'm into very tenuous territory here grin

samsamsamsamsamsam Tue 23-Apr-19 17:03:34

@Handsoffmysweets ha ha is it that obvious.

Trying to think of a way to describe her without being obvious.

Well she heard a wild sex story from a friend when out with me, then recounted it at said friend the next time we were out. Had totally forgot since she was off her face on drugs.

Not sure why she thought that story was one to brag about to be honest. Just liked to be controversial. Still does from her IG posts.

notacooldad Mon 22-Apr-19 00:16:32

Not guna lie I'm really disappointed in this thread. I read 9 pages of nearly all "I can't say who though". 5mins I'll never get back
Aw, come on, there's been some accurate gueeses!

Serin Mon 22-Apr-19 00:12:45

DH was good mates with Paul Weller growing up (v old) but has lost touch.
I have never met him.

louisvootin Sun 21-Apr-19 23:06:40

my sister used to date one of the proclaimers

Onceuponacheesecake Sun 21-Apr-19 19:34:03

I don't know anyone😁 a friend is very good friends with a Geordie shore 'star' who is very much as they appear.

Thepacksurvives Sun 21-Apr-19 19:02:42

Not guna lie I'm really disappointed in this thread. I read 9 pages of nearly all "I can't say who though". 5mins I'll never get back

Auntpetunia2015 Sun 21-Apr-19 17:53:55

piggo. You may be right !!

PiggoSuperstar Sun 21-Apr-19 16:03:03

Auntpetunia2015

Are they Scousers, by chance? 😁

AlexaAmbidextra Sun 21-Apr-19 14:46:11

These threads are so pointless. You either have posters who can’t name names as it would be ‘outing’ or those with very tenuous connections to Z listers that nobody’s heard of.

Mummylin Sun 21-Apr-19 11:23:37

Hahaha BallsofFluff if it makes you happy you can say that ! We don't really use the step bit now, she has been my brothers dd for the last 26 yrs and is "dad".
Pinkarsedfly I don't know most of the stuff she has done ! The whole family were excited to see her in skins, but didn't realise she would be nearly naked ! But she has done well and that is a lot just down to herself pursuing things. Very determined even when a little girl.

Herefortheduration Sun 21-Apr-19 11:18:10

Yes, a few of sports personalities. All totally normal people.

I was at uni with a super duper A-list American actor, knew him to speak to and attended same parties etc. He'd still know me if you mentioned me to him I'm sure, but as I live back in the uk now, I haven't seen him for years and not since he became famous. It's weird seeing him in films and on tv, but I mostly just watch and forget that I knew him.

Auntpetunia2015 Sun 21-Apr-19 10:36:27

I went to school with a a family and nearly all of them are now famous actors who have been regularly seen on our TVs in various programmes!

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Sun 21-Apr-19 10:32:19

@Sarahlou63
My distant cousin was (is?) the lead singer of Showaddywaddy

Omg. That means I have seen your cousin in his pants! (Not for sexual or medical purposes)

chatnicknameyousuggested Sun 21-Apr-19 09:59:04

@cranstonmanor Funny about the leaves thing: I know a famous Eastern European politician who constantly talks about the price of Smints. He is always on the TV being serious and clever, but in private he bangs on about Smints and their different coloured boxes etc. They don't sell them here.

Jiggles101 Sun 21-Apr-19 09:40:58

I assumed the unpopular politician was DC? Really isn't narrowing it down much though!

My friends sister is married to the son of another unpopular politician (used to be PM but not DC).

DP is in a band and we've met a few low level 'known' artists at festivals etc. Scored weed for Maxi Jazz once.

Realitea Sun 21-Apr-19 08:57:55

Yes, lots. I don’t see them any differently to any other human.

longwayoff Sun 21-Apr-19 08:33:20

No but used to be friends with someone whose boyfriend was a musician in a band that was hugely, screaming mob popular in Scandinavia but nobody had ever heard of over here. So, off plane over there, mob, cars, security etc. Off plane at heathrow. Bored shrugs all round. Character forming.

Williamsonwilliamson Sun 21-Apr-19 05:36:57

Not really famous but my semi claim to fame is that my DP was a dj on a national radio station until recently.
It’s actually weird that a few people have recognised his voice while out and about but that’s about the extent of his ‘fame’.

He does always do a good playlist at parties though grin

BallsOfFluff Sun 21-Apr-19 04:57:42

@Mummylin Yay! That makes her my friend by association doesn't it?

@scissorlover grin

scissorlover Sun 21-Apr-19 03:21:32

Liz Jones stopped to let me cross the road the other day. It was a zebra crossing, so she had to, but I still think it makes us officially friends.

BitOfFun Sun 21-Apr-19 02:50:41

I don't think so, although yesterday I was channelhopping and saw my old hairdresser on Dance Mums With Jennifer Ellison. Best I can do, sorry!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »