Talk

Advanced search

Have you got any famous friends?

(235 Posts)
SauvingnonBlanketyBlanc Thu 18-Apr-19 08:50:01

I haven't and I don't know anyone that has.Must be weird to be on a night out and have constant attention from strangers.

TheFrendo Thu 18-Apr-19 13:08:10

Mick Jagger told me it was bad form to name drop.

intensiveeveline Thu 18-Apr-19 13:09:30

Even with names, it's the internet, so anyone could say they are friends with anyone really.

mcjx Thu 18-Apr-19 13:09:49

@DantesInferno no, but the way it happened was pretty major and unheard of at the time.

Funnyfarmer Thu 18-Apr-19 13:11:41

I'm actually quite a famous actress, I've been in a long running, rural itv soap opera. had a fairly huge part in thee most famous long running bbc sci-fi show, and been the leading actress in many itv dramas.

WouldHAVEcouldHAVEshouldHAVE Thu 18-Apr-19 13:12:04

thefrendo grin

mcjx Thu 18-Apr-19 13:12:55

@Funnyfarmer shock

KooMoo Thu 18-Apr-19 13:13:35

Yes grin

NaToth Thu 18-Apr-19 13:17:50

How do you define famous? Our most famous friend is currently on a world tour with his band, but you'll only have heard of him if you are into his music.

Funnyfarmer Thu 18-Apr-19 13:18:08

I actually just made all that up. 😂
I've met a few famous people, including, Pete possifwait, Bernard manning, Ricky Hatton, will Mellor, and a few Corrie and emmerdale stars, some I've encountered on several occasions but I wouldn't really call them friends, but I'm friends with people who are friends with them.
I'm really good friends with a girl who is good friends with Garry Barlow but I havnt met him. She says he's really lovely. He's been a really good friend to her, she met him though her just being a fan, he followed her back on Twitter and struck up a friendship.

sonjadog Thu 18-Apr-19 13:18:52

I have two friends who are famous in the country I live in (not the UK). The only difference between them and my other friends is that I never discuss what they are up to or what they think about anything with anyone else. Not in a gossiping way, but if someone at work mentions say a business they had a problem with, I wouldn't say "Oh yeah, my friend had a problem with them too" if it happens to be either of my well-known friends.

Funnyfarmer Thu 18-Apr-19 13:19:24

@mcjx sorry. Made it up. Could anyone tell who I was pretending to be through?

Ihopeyourcakeisshit Thu 18-Apr-19 13:19:29

Jenna is that you mate?

SuperSara Thu 18-Apr-19 13:20:48

@funnyfarmer

You would have to be Jenna Coleman, if it were true?

grin

Funnyfarmer Thu 18-Apr-19 13:22:40

My brother has had 2k veiws on his YouTube Video. Does that count?

Funnyfarmer Thu 18-Apr-19 13:24:13

@SuperSara correct. She was just on my tv. That's why I picked her.

ThatDeadlyJetty Thu 18-Apr-19 13:24:38

mcjx are you Mariah Carey's friend?

ElinorRigby Thu 18-Apr-19 13:26:09

One of the Game of Thrones actors is a family friend...

Mamabear12 Thu 18-Apr-19 13:28:18

I am not friends with anyone famous, however, I know someone very famous that lives in my area and I constantly have seen him over the years, probably like 20+ times and no one every bothers him. I have seen him in local pubs, bars, restaurants, cafe nero, my gym, my park, walking on the sidewalk near to where I live. This actor is one that EVERYONE knows. When I have seen him no one has every approached him....including me when he was right next to me at our gyms soft play while my daughter was in there and so was his.

polarpig Thu 18-Apr-19 13:28:56

<whispers>
A very unpopular politician is a friend of my parents

intensiveeveline Thu 18-Apr-19 13:29:27

A very unpopular politician is a friend of my parents

That doesn't narrow it down much wink

BlooperReel Thu 18-Apr-19 13:33:10

Hmmm...he is not famous, you wouldn't know him if you walked past him in the street, but he is a songwriter and has had loads of hits sung by other artists and bands!

Funnyfarmer Thu 18-Apr-19 13:33:52

@Ihopeyourcakeisshit yes. Is that you Pete?

S1naidSucks Thu 18-Apr-19 13:36:31

One of the Game of Thrones actors is a family friend

One of my clients is married to an actor who is in game of thrones.

Another close friend has recently been in The Fall.

Granted they have bit parts in the background. So it depends on your definition of fame. 😁

GidgetGirl Thu 18-Apr-19 13:41:00

My DP is well known but in a culty way and only occasionally gets approached outside of a gig/show setting. Last time it happened was in Ikea when we were sofa shopping..
When we first got together I used to occasionally feel slightly self-conscious and was ultra aware in certain settings - it made me feel on edge. It was just the thought that he (and by extension I) was being looked at. I’ve since realised that was almost completely in my mind though!

He wouldn’t like to be recognised all the time and enjoys his general anonymity. But in common with many people in his line of work, he does enjoy the attention of the occasional approach/eager fan.. I’m glad it doesn’t happen more often - it’d make him a bit of a cocky bastard.

RavenLG Thu 18-Apr-19 13:42:12

DP's cousin's partner is in the charlatans. Never met either though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »