Talk

Advanced search

Favourite FRIENDS episodes...

(168 Posts)
Hadenoughofitall441 Thu 11-Apr-19 21:19:28

Was with some friends earlier and got onto the subject of friends (as you do) 😊 one of my friends said they watched thier favourite episode the other day, the one where Rachel and Ross are on a break. Then got talking about our fave episodes
Mine is the one with all the kissing, where chandler goes to leave for work and kisses Monica forgetting that phoebe and Rachel were there and then had to kiss them so they wouldn’t find out about him and Monica 😂😂
What’s yours?

OneMoreWish Thu 11-Apr-19 21:22:40

PIVOT!

Still makes me giggle

GaraMedouar Thu 11-Apr-19 21:24:43

Oh yes 'pivot!' - I like the one where Ross has a spray tan and keeps turning around the wrong way, also when he has his teeth whitened and they glow in the dark.

Lottapianos Thu 11-Apr-19 21:24:44

The one where Ross is FINE! grin I love PIVOT as well. And any episode with Tom Selleck, for different reasons smile

ChoudeBruxelles Thu 11-Apr-19 21:25:12

Toot de la fruit!

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Thu 11-Apr-19 21:25:48

The one where no one’s ready is my favourite.

kashleesi Thu 11-Apr-19 21:28:11

I LOVE the one with the big poking device where phoebe thinks she’s killed ugly naked guy by going to the dentist and the make a long stick out of chopsticks. Monica hits bens head off the ceiling and then at the end phoebe and chandler sing together grin

Crunchymum Thu 11-Apr-19 21:28:55

I know he isn't a popular character but all my fave episodes are Ross'

PIVOT
Leather trousers
White teeth
MY SANDWICH

Am also quite partial to most Mike appearances. Paul Rudd was just perfect.

Other than aforementioned Ross episodes, I can barely stand to watch the earlier series - but I can pretty much tolerate any episode after Chandler and Monica got together.

eurgh Thu 11-Apr-19 21:28:56

The one where phoebe sees chandler and Monica getting it on from the window of ross' new apartment and they start jumping around to distract him

TeddyIsaHe Thu 11-Apr-19 21:29:45

The one where Joey finds out. YOU... and YOU?!! So good

Crunchymum Thu 11-Apr-19 21:29:52

I forgot spray tan and I'M FINE

See it's all about Ross.

namechangedbutneedadvice Thu 11-Apr-19 21:31:01

So many...
Rachel's sister keeps calling Phoebe other names so she says "NO PHOEBE... PHOEBE!" and Rachel's sister says "why does she keep making that noise?

When Rachel blows a raspberry at Ross then claims she was just singing "la laaa raspberrrry la laaa la!"

PHOEBE freaking out at Ross's teeth "DEMON! DEMON!" Also when she loses on Miss Pac Man and shouts a tirade of filth in front of little Ben grin

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Thu 11-Apr-19 21:31:39

David Schwimmer is great at physical comedy.

Lottapianos Thu 11-Apr-19 21:32:13

I completely agree that Ross is a creepy, controlling, awful character, but Dzvid Schwimmer is such a brilliant actor. That may be why lots of people enjoy Ross

namechangedbutneedadvice Thu 11-Apr-19 21:33:10

Oh god the leather trousers episode! "The lotion and the talc have made a paste!!!!" The way Ross goes all hoarse when he says it... comedy gold gringringrin

Nononononono33 Thu 11-Apr-19 21:35:32

The one where Rachel makes a trifle with a beef layer is a good episode. I like most episodes from series 5 onwards, not so much the earlier ones. Weakest episode is probably where phoebe tries to teach joey French - really not funny. Series 9, 10 maybe?

BrigitsBigKnickers Thu 11-Apr-19 21:35:31

The episode where Joey tries to speak french and the other where he tries to get a part where he needs to be naked with a foreskin, fashioned from a piece of salami! 😂

PivotPivotPivottt Thu 11-Apr-19 21:35:45

Pivot (obviously)

My favourites are the exact same ones Crunchymum listed and add to that Maple candy. Love a Ross episode.

Sux2buthen Thu 11-Apr-19 21:38:04

Phoebe joining in with the bagpipes, you can see Jennifer Aniston trying not to crack up grin
Ross making fajitas and doing the love speech.
And most of the Ross episodes

ShitUsername Thu 11-Apr-19 21:39:39

I can’t remember the name of the episode but the one where Ross plays the bagpipes, Phoebe eee’ing along and Rachel laughing gets me every time!

Calzone Thu 11-Apr-19 21:42:16

The one where Phoebe is trying to get Chandler to admit he’s dating Monica and they pretend to seduce each other.....

Unagi
Leather pants

So many episodes I love.

TitianaTitsling Thu 11-Apr-19 21:45:04

Tan episodes definitely! I'm an 8?!!

TheEagle Thu 11-Apr-19 21:45:54

The One with Chandler in a box
The One where No-one’s ready
The One with all the wedding dresses

MarthasGinYard Thu 11-Apr-19 21:46:42

The one where Rachel puts on her old cheerleading outfit to impress the new love interest and it all goes WRONGgrin

RuffleCrow Thu 11-Apr-19 21:47:02

When Phoebe meets Mike's parents:

"So, where does everyone summah?!"

"I'm sorry, I've just never met a guy's parents before"
"But you have met people before, right?"

And when she's explaining the lyrics to "ode to a pubic hair" & smelly cat

And telling Mike's mum how he shags like a sailor on shore-leave.

I know MN isn't a hotbed of Phoebe-love but she was always my favourite. smile

Especially with Mike.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: