Talk

Advanced search

Tell Me One Positive Thing About Your Day

(168 Posts)
Bunnylady53 Thu 21-Mar-19 13:01:01

Feeling a bit low & in pain today so please cheer me up by telling me one positive thing that has happened to you today 🙂

Dowser Thu 21-Mar-19 13:04:38

Nothing in particular...just woke up feeling happy after a good night’s sleep
Other day I felt so miserable and sad
Don’t know why
I eventually got out of it
( I’m on holiday too..but negative thoughts can pervade wherever you are)

Sorry to hear to hear youbare struggling.
What do you think you can do to help you feel better?

jcq17 Thu 21-Mar-19 13:05:27

I'm
On holiday and my burnt feet are finally feeling a little better... oh and my husband felt our little girl kick properly for the first time today!

HappyGoLuckyGo Thu 21-Mar-19 13:06:59

This is a nicer thread. I'm also feeling a bit down so will read the updates too smile
Today... my lovely Irish plumber with his lovely Irish accent came over and fixed my heating. That was a VERY good thing!

JaneEyre07 Thu 21-Mar-19 13:08:51

I went for a really nice long dog walk. It's a cool day but no rain, and the dogs loved running through the growing grass. Their tails wagged the entire time we were out.

I'm sorry you're feeling low flowers

florentina1 Thu 21-Mar-19 13:20:37

I felt really ill all day yesterday. Took a double dose of my meds last night and slept for 13 hours and feel much better. Took the dog for a 2 hour walk and am now MNetting. That’s three things so I hope I am not being greedy,
💐 to all of you under the weather.

PlatypusPie Thu 21-Mar-19 13:29:09

I have been planning a painting - did some experiments this morning about how to approach something tricky and finally cracked it. ( I punched the air, which was a bit unfortunate as I still had a loaded brush in my hand but it was time for a shower and hair wash anyway ) Has put me in excellent mood !

Reddragonqueen Thu 21-Mar-19 13:37:57

I got the job! Been a SAHM for 4 years and was a big deal for me to go for it and I'm so happy I did. Hope those feeling down have their day brightened soon

adulthumanwolf Thu 21-Mar-19 13:40:14

Just had some peanut mnm's.

isseywithcats Thu 21-Mar-19 13:40:28

only had to work till 11 o clock this morning so rest of the day is mine

SpinningSister Thu 21-Mar-19 13:41:04

I managed to eat lunch at lunchtime (9 week baby)

EastMidsGPs Thu 21-Mar-19 13:44:41

DH is upright, using his artificial limb and 'pottering' in the garden, enjoying the sunshine.
When he had emergency surgery for sepsis in July last year, I could never have hoped for this sort of day. He has shown such bravery and worked so hard to recover, am so proud of him 😃

JourneyofSelfImprovement Thu 21-Mar-19 13:48:03

I went to M&S and bought myself a double chocolate filled muffin, and ate it in the car before work!

Had an awful day yesterday so I needed a sugar boost to feel better grin

CaseofEllen Thu 21-Mar-19 13:51:55

I'm 40 weeks pregnant today and feeling blessed to have a healthy baby wiggling away inside me! (Will be reminding myself of this when I go for a sweep in 90 minutes)

darkriver19886 Thu 21-Mar-19 13:52:17

Today I recieved the result of my assessment and got placed in the LWCRA group. I physically shook with the relief.

Happyspud Thu 21-Mar-19 13:53:11

I cleared about 5 items of boring, annoying admin off my list.

JourneyofSelfImprovement Thu 21-Mar-19 13:54:02

@CaseofEllen I hope the one positive thing about your day tomorrow is baby snuggles smile good luck!

Beamur Thu 21-Mar-19 13:54:05

I got a big work thing out of the way earlier this week so am feeling quite relaxed today
Just had a nice coffee and a fruit and lemon biscuit which was delicious.

CabbageHippy Thu 21-Mar-19 13:56:49

I'm hoping for something positive at weigh in tonight but unsure if it will be. Feeling positive to carry on though & am thankful for my health

MaMisled Thu 21-Mar-19 14:07:57

DD just sent me some feedback she received on her student placement. Seems it not just me who thinks she's absolutely wonderful. So, full of pride today!

DisgraceToTheYChromosome Thu 21-Mar-19 14:08:52

Ooh! Incoming baby!

My happy moment occurred when I could see Mallerstang Edge and Sutton Bank at the same time from the HGV cab.

Uptheshard Thu 21-Mar-19 14:19:06

That I'll get to have a double choc chip.icecream after work with my 2 boys..in 20 degrees sunshine.

Bluetrews25 Thu 21-Mar-19 18:05:28

Spotted and bought the onion sets at Aldi, so we can grow onions this year.
Pregnant sheep came to say hello to me and I could see their unborn lambs kicking. This was later, not in Aldi, btw! grin

Palominoo Thu 21-Mar-19 18:14:00

I met a Husky x Rottweiler. Not seen that mix before and she was a beautiful natured dog. Even better that I got to stroke her.

Had a lovely dog walk and watched the Estuary tide come in which is very relaxing.

Ironmanrocks Thu 21-Mar-19 19:05:11

My OH has just cooked me tea and I am going to have the night off - instead of preparing more work or doing more reports. I am in my pj's already!

mimibunz Thu 21-Mar-19 19:07:25

A high level bully got sacked.

HelenaJustina Thu 21-Mar-19 19:08:27

I’m leaving my job and today worked with the person I’m handing over to. She did a great job getting to grips with the software we use and I could tell she was working really hard. It felt good to be moving towards moving on.

DuggeesWoggle Thu 21-Mar-19 19:16:56

DS is 3 and very reluctant to potty train. Today he did a poo on the toilet.

Hope you all cheered as s/he left mimibunz!

NeverHadANickname Thu 21-Mar-19 19:17:42

They don't have much in the way of savoury pastries here but I had to go to hospital (blood tests) so called at the bakery nearby which is one of the only places I have found that do some so I had a lovely pasty or 2 and enjoyed it a lot.

user764329056 Thu 21-Mar-19 19:18:34

Made it to the gym and feel so much better

OnlineAlienator Thu 21-Mar-19 19:19:39

I gave a lamb the kiss of life - it worked! And now i know what amniotic fluid tastes like.

shiningstar2 Thu 21-Mar-19 19:20:10

Bought new dress

BlueMerchant Thu 21-Mar-19 19:23:17

Walk in the park with my dog this morning. Poor dog didn't get a walk yesterday until my OH got home from work as I felt so 'on-edge'.

buzzbobbly Thu 21-Mar-19 19:25:45

I did really well at a tough gym session.

BikeRunSki Thu 21-Mar-19 19:28:37

Really proud if how dd (10) handled his first guitar exam, and loved going out with him for ice cream afterwards, whilst dd was still at school. I don’t often get to spend time with him alone.

Oldbutlovely Thu 21-Mar-19 19:30:03

Went for a run on the beach with DD who is back from university and our two dogs. It was cold but although we had short sleeved t shirts on, we were feeling v warm after 4 miles. The dogs loved it too!

trashcansinatra Thu 21-Mar-19 19:34:22

Its my birthday tomorrow so I went to M&S and chose a meal for tomorrow night.

QueenOfIce Thu 21-Mar-19 19:40:27

Op tell me one thing that makes you happy or smile

dingit Thu 21-Mar-19 19:41:07

I have a commission to paint a dog portrait smile

LadyMonicaBaddingham Thu 21-Mar-19 19:43:01

I'm at serious risk of being made redundant, but today was sunny and it feels like spring is finally on the way. And we had pizza for supper 🐽

PhilomenaButterfly Thu 21-Mar-19 19:43:34

Had a lovely breakfast.

EssentialHummus Thu 21-Mar-19 19:47:50

Palominoo that dog sounds amazing, I'd love to meet one!

I managed (even enjoyed) several hours with two toddlers today - mine and a friend's. I took them to playgroup and they pottered happily with sticks and soil for ages. Was lovely to see.

3in4years Thu 21-Mar-19 19:48:56

I parallel parked perfectly.

HemlockStarglimmer Thu 21-Mar-19 20:02:56

So much shit going on just now 😩

But a friend has been offered the job they interviewed for yesterday 🙌🏼

whitehalleve Thu 21-Mar-19 20:16:27

I found a mini bag of chocolate buttons in a pocket of my work handbag.

HelenaJustina Thu 21-Mar-19 20:28:05

@whitehalleve that is living the dream! Things like unexpected chocolate never happen to me angry

JoyceDivision Thu 21-Mar-19 20:29:07

I made a colleague laugh lots today, which made me laugh lots.

Bought another colleague a bar of chocolate and they looked surprised but grateful.

Got a hug from ds at bedtime just now that warmed me

A pair of shoes I found cheap.online arrived and fit.

Dc1 did well in tests at school today, in an area that's not their string point, they were genuinely pleased and so was I

jusdepamplemousse Thu 21-Mar-19 20:30:29

Impromptu family ice cream trip!

PlasticPatty Thu 21-Mar-19 20:31:30

My sleepy dgd gave me a hug this morning.

lotusbell Thu 21-Mar-19 20:36:15

I had some good ideas at work, got through a lot of my to do list, I have done my jobs for the evening and actually sitting down in front if the TV with my partner, relaxing. This is rare for me on a weekday! Insold a TV unit that I've had on Facebook Marketplace for ages with a few time wasters so I'm glad it's out of my way now. My partner is on the mend having being signed off this week with his illness. Great thread, OP! Hope you're feeling more yourself soon x

Walnutwhipster Thu 21-Mar-19 20:41:33

I've been let out of hospital for a few days. I was in for three weeks and have to go back in on Monday morning but today enjoyed coffee with one of my closest friends looking out over the sea in the sunshine.

WatcherOfTheNight Thu 21-Mar-19 20:48:38

I'm sat in a piping hot ,bath ,checking MN with a vodka ,Pepsi Max & lots of ice !

My boiler has been broken & we finally had it fixed today .
It's been a rough ride the last 18 months & I like to hide out out in the bath ,I've missed it so much smile

WatcherOfTheNight Thu 21-Mar-19 20:50:29

Oh and more importantly,lots of Mumsnetters helped with a petition that's very close to my heart ♥️

Theninjawhinger Thu 21-Mar-19 20:52:17

Ds is snuggled up beside me in bed. He had a tough day at school and I was able to make it better by just giving him some TLC and cuddles. He’s snoring beside me now and I just keep thinking how lucky I am to be his mum blush❤️

whitehalleve Thu 21-Mar-19 20:53:26

@HelenaJustina I know! I was so happy. Unexpected chocolate tastes so much better than normal chocolate.

kalinkafoxtrot45 Thu 21-Mar-19 20:53:59

I was training new staff this week and got a box of chocs from the person we thought would be hardest to work with.

My cat gave me lovely purring cuddles.

Got my holiday flights booked cheaper than I’d thought. grin

WatcherOfTheNight Thu 21-Mar-19 20:54:21

@Theninjawhinger that is lovely,hope he had a better day tomorrow bless him !

BertieBotts Thu 21-Mar-19 20:54:43

I got lots of nice clothes for DS2 from a friend who was clearing out her youngest's stuff. Some of them belonged to a second friend before that - it's nice to see stuff being passed around and reused smile

Raera Thu 21-Mar-19 20:55:27

Found strawberries on yellow sticker so I bought them.
Once home picked rhubarb from the garden and now I have 5 jars of Strawbarb jam

AlunWynsKnee Thu 21-Mar-19 21:03:14

DH and I went out for lunch together. Second time in 7 months!

Earthmoon Thu 21-Mar-19 22:00:02

My grandmother freind, called me in a panic to tell me she won't be able to go the dentist, thinking it was her daughter she called. Luckly I was able to take her to her appointment. She was very happy and suprised for the mistake. Dh had a day off so he did the afternoon school run instead of me (the daughter was at work so would have been unable to take her).

Brigante9 Thu 21-Mar-19 22:14:26

I fell over-long overdue, I fall over quite disastrously rather regularly-but have not done the usual huge damage. Nasty graze on elbow, but I can walk!

ShirazSavedMySanity Thu 21-Mar-19 22:17:05

I’m an NQT in KS2.
This morning, a child from my class brought me a daffodil to school.
His Mum said he asked if he could bring one from home for me.
They’re my favourite flower - a symbol of hope to come in the spring.
One of the other teachers said I should be honoured, he’s never ever done anything like that before in school

burgundyjumper Thu 21-Mar-19 22:18:32

Had to pop out on an errand earlier this evening, and the sight of the full moon rising over the horizon was awe-inspiring.

theliverpoolone Thu 21-Mar-19 22:26:37

I had some really positive feedback from my Yr 7 dd's teachers at her first grammar school parents eve smile .

MatthewBramble Fri 22-Mar-19 00:24:37

Found 20p in the street. "Any day you find free money is a good day!"

Lochnessgiraffe Fri 22-Mar-19 00:30:45

I've had a brilliant day work wise. 1 project is finally done after many months of worrying even though it didn't need to be done until April. Another we have finally signed off for something that should have been done 12 months ago but I only started 2weeks ago and I still got it done.

PhalangeReginaPhalange Fri 22-Mar-19 00:33:08

My LO blew a kiss for the first time today when saying bye to grandma!!

ChairPoseKills Fri 22-Mar-19 00:54:23

So @OnlineAlienator, what does amniotic fluid taste like? 🤔😆

Very cool btw 😊😊

CharminglyGawky Fri 22-Mar-19 00:59:13

2yr old DS has a cold and was up loads last night, BUT... this means that DH got up with him this morning and let me have a proper long guilt free lie in. It also meant the DS went back on his recent decision to drop his naps and napped for 2 whole hours after lunch admittedly mostly on me as I could hold him more upright but that was 2 hours of snuggles on the sofa watching what I wanted on the tv!

After popping to the post office DH picked me up a packet of sweets I'd asked for and despite a very bad description he got the right ones!

SurgeHopper Fri 22-Mar-19 01:03:45

Hmm, I'm going to look into growing onions I think, once the snow has cleared.

Positive stuff :

Both kids ate their homemade macaroni cheese for tea, DS had two platefuls!

I only bought one thing today, a coffee

I accepted a task at work that I dont like doing with total grace and they don't even realise I hate doing it grin which makes me look professional and like a good employee.

AuntieOxident Fri 22-Mar-19 01:04:01

I swam for nearly an hour and felt great afterwards. The weather was lovely when I left the pool.
Got a cheque for £175 in the post!
Sadly have eaten a little more than my allotted 800 Cals but it's not disastrous.
All in all, a good day. smile

Thereverenddoctor Fri 22-Mar-19 01:05:46

My garden is a riot of daffodils and the sun was out all day. I watched a very confident seagull enter a charity shop, have a walk round, and then nonchalantly depart again. So much self-possession. It made me smile. Some bottles of liquor I’d ordered arrived from France and I mixed a cocktail I really like that tasted as good as one I would drink in a bar.

Smotheroffive Fri 22-Mar-19 01:11:07

Gotna super earnest lick/kiss off one of my ddogs just now as I was reading the OP, put me in touch with, oh how sweet and happy/kind.
WatcherOfTheNight

PulyaSochsup Fri 22-Mar-19 04:23:31

Despite having been really poorly yesterday, I managed to clean my bathroom.

OnlineAlienator Fri 22-Mar-19 04:29:49

Tastes salty, slimy, bit like egg white, and theres the metallic tang of blood in there too. I wont think about meconium grin

ginghamtablecloths Fri 22-Mar-19 09:10:23

The blossom in the front garden is out and looks really beautiful.
The ironing pile has been tackled and waiting to be put away.
Ah, a lovely cup of tea. Small pleasures.

Ruleof4 Fri 22-Mar-19 09:13:41

Awww sorry to hear that OP, one positive thing would be that nothing negative happened today. All in the normal course of life for me

separatebeds Fri 22-Mar-19 09:15:26

My daughter and I stood outside and she said I love days like this. It's not too cold or too hot , its not windy, it's just still and calm. Listen to the birds singing. They love it too.

Tatiannatomasina Fri 22-Mar-19 09:16:18

We got finance approved for the house we are buying finally and here in Australia its Friday night, im home from work and a takeaway curry has got my name all over it.

IJustLostTheGame Fri 22-Mar-19 10:09:53

Today I'm going to watch the great British sewing bee with a family sized pack of peanut M&Ms.

My life is uneventful grin

Keletubbie Fri 22-Mar-19 10:37:08

Last night I went to help my parents out with their paperwork. I managed to resolve a lot and discovered I have about £5k in shares that they forgot to tell me about smile

ShowMeTheKittens Fri 22-Mar-19 11:47:01

I don't think I am the one to cheer you but I hope your day improves, and mine too x

Parsley65 Fri 22-Mar-19 11:57:13

I collected tickets for a comedy/drama at our local theatre tonight. DD is doing GCSE's this year and stressed, so I'm taking her along and we're going to forget our worries for a few hours grin
Lovely thread x

brizzlemint Fri 22-Mar-19 12:27:29

I got some good feedback from some work I have done.

spiderlight Fri 22-Mar-19 12:32:01

Our lovely new rescue dog met six unfamiliar dogs on our walk this morning (four of them all in one go) and was lovely and friendly and relaxed with them all. He's an absolute joy to walk and getting out in the mornings is doing my physical and mental health the world of good.

animaginativeusername Fri 22-Mar-19 19:28:41

Made a lot of progress on dissertation, lit review almost done

Smotheroffive Fri 22-Mar-19 19:44:43

Was a very challenging day yesterday and today,but despite today's issues I spent some time really enjoying my drive home in the good weather and stopped for an excursion into woods with my ddogs, and stopped to 'talk' to Indian runner duck, goats, sheep, and a couple of others ddogs.
Only one ddog had a quick 'shout' at one of the goats who tried to head butt! It was all good fun and an absorbing digression from the day.

brizzlemint Fri 22-Mar-19 19:46:28

Made a lot of progress on dissertation, lit review almost done

Well done - I am only just starting my literature review.

Harrietsferrets Fri 22-Mar-19 20:25:45

One of the kids at work, who has horrendus speech problems and has bouts of total mutism, looked at me and asked for 'cold moolk pease'

had the three of us on the counter almost in years.

Moonflower12 Fri 22-Mar-19 20:38:30

All my tadpoles in my tank in my classroom hatched overnight! The children were all so excited! As was I.

Drogosnextwife Fri 22-Mar-19 20:45:25

Absolutely nothing, this whole entire day has been a sac of shite, like most stuff in my life right now and most of it cause by "d"p. I am currently lying in the bath crying.

brizzlemint Fri 22-Mar-19 20:54:30

@Moonflower12 - get a lid on that tank! Don't be that teacher who is running around on a Monday morning trying to catch frogs from all over the classroom grin

Witchend Fri 22-Mar-19 21:03:25

@EastMidsGPs

I have a dd who was born without a hand. I know people that have been in the same position as your dh that a few years down the line are doing everything and more they were doing before.
If he's interested in sports have a look at Limbpower and the people there are amazing. Even if he only goes to watch this year (it's coming up shortly) it's very inspirational.

Backhometothenorth Fri 22-Mar-19 21:12:33

My business case was approved for taking on lots of apprentices smile

AChickenCalledKorma Fri 22-Mar-19 21:23:44

I heard you drogosnextwife. Not much I can say but wanted to let you know someone is listening and I hope you can find a way forward to something better.

My daughter performed on stage, which makes her very scared, but she did it and I'm proud of her. And I was able to tell a new member of staff that she's doing a very good job, which made her smile a lot.

Drogosnextwife Fri 22-Mar-19 22:10:29

Thanks AChickenCalledKorma.

Your daughter is braver than me smile

Taffeta Fri 22-Mar-19 22:13:25

I bought myself a beautiful candle as everything else is shit atm

Looking forward to lighting it tomorrow night

Pinkarsedfly Fri 22-Mar-19 22:15:46

I signed up for a 10k.
Had my nails done for my niece’s wedding tomorrow.
Oldest DS is home for said wedding, with his lovely gf, and I’ve had a really nice dinner with them and my younger DS and my DP, all laughing around the table.

A good day smile

Pinkarsedfly Fri 22-Mar-19 22:20:59

Ooh, I’ve thought of some more!

I forgot to bring any lunch to work, so a colleague made me beans on toast and washed up for me afterwards. I thought that was so kind.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »