Talk

Advanced search

What's a first world problem stressing you out today?

(113 Posts)
SneakyGremlins Thu 21-Mar-19 12:37:10

Asda was due to arrive at 12. It came at 11:45. Had to answer the door dripping wet in a dressing gown!

What's irritating you today?

dancemom Thu 21-Mar-19 12:39:16

I never got to eat all my fruit that gets delivered to my work weekly so I'm
Going to have to carry home 5 bananas and a melon 🙄

MissConductUS Thu 21-Mar-19 12:41:12

We have to replace the roof on the lovely house we own free and clear and it's going to cost a lot of money.

We had to replace the four skylights too. I never knew they were so bloody expensive.

SneakyGremlins Thu 21-Mar-19 12:43:11

Did the skylights break or something? shock

Ifeelreallylow Thu 21-Mar-19 12:48:40

I went for a job interview and I really want it but they said they will likely decide by Friday so I have to wait to find out if I got it.

DelurkingAJ Thu 21-Mar-19 12:51:00

DS1 can make Beaver camp night because it’s the first night of cricket club and he has to be there to register (he’s desperate to play cricket but peaved that there’s a clash).

DelurkingAJ Thu 21-Mar-19 12:51:23

Can’t make it even blush

Boatsnack3 Thu 21-Mar-19 12:53:25

My landlord very efficiently got the side gate fixed after it blew off in last week's storm but the new gate is unpainted and doesn't match the rest of the fencing so I'll need to paint it.

And my puppy has conjunctivitis which is making him whiny and clingy.

MissConductUS Thu 21-Mar-19 13:25:50

Did the skylights break or something?

No, they started leaking when it rained. They were original to the house, so over 30 years old. It turned out that most of the water was from the roof leaking and the water running down the outside of plywood shaft from the ceiling to the roof.

They were the kind that opened with a crank operated by a pole, a feature that we never used and the new ones are all of one piece and don't open, so they are less prone to leaking. We have sliding glass doors across one whole side of the house, so we just open a few of those if we want to air out the house.

Kedgeree Thu 21-Mar-19 13:35:25

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/3539095-Anyone-elses-daffodils-stink
This is mine wink

serenawren Thu 21-Mar-19 16:31:59

I'm in the 2nd trimester and I don't look pregnant, just chubby. None of my clothes fit but I'm not big enough for maternity clothes 😩😩 WOE IS ME

WoollyMummoth Thu 21-Mar-19 17:13:13

I’ve just scarfed a bag of Worcester sauce french fries too quick and now my mouth’s burning.

Ragwort Thu 21-Mar-19 17:17:33

Delurking is your cricket club hugely over subscribed? I’m involved with a cricket club (& Beavers grin) & we would always try to work round a clash like that.... esp. if you offer to help occasionally wink.

iklboo Thu 21-Mar-19 17:22:15

I booked my taxi home from work to pick me up at 4pm. He didn't turn up until 4:45 and I'm STILL not home. Taxi driver is moaning all the way (it's a disability account service so I really rely on them).

SurgeHopper Thu 21-Mar-19 17:23:34

Skylights are the worst thing. We had them sealed up, new roof, cost a fortune.

KatyaZamolodchikova Thu 21-Mar-19 17:25:17

I have a financial advisor coming this evening to the house but I don’t have any tea bags & don’t want to go to the shop. I’m very worried because I can’t not offer a drink, but also don’t want to admit I don’t have tea.

BlueMerchant Thu 21-Mar-19 17:30:49

I forgot to pick up a new book whilst in town. I have been looking forward to getting it. I now have nothing to read in bed tonight.

IHaveBrilloHair Thu 21-Mar-19 17:31:47

I can't find the lids for my Le Creuset soup bowls.

BitchQueen90 Thu 21-Mar-19 17:33:46

I want to book next year's holiday and I can't decide where to go. Biggest first world problem ever but I hate feeling disorganised.

Furrytoebean Thu 21-Mar-19 17:33:57

I’m getting my hair done at a new salon next week and they’ve patch tested me and now I can’t wash my hair for 48 hours and I feel like a scruff.

spaniorita Thu 21-Mar-19 17:41:39

There are no tea bags in this house, and what's worse, I forgot my PIN number for my debit card, and I've now blocked the card and waiting for a new pin to arrive. So I can't even nip out for tea bags. Life can be so cruel! sad

Magmatic80 Thu 21-Mar-19 17:44:53

Just noticed DP used one of the guest towels yesterday for swimming, and we have 6 visitors arriving in 4 hours. I did all the washing yesterday to avoid having any laying about when all the bedrooms will be full, so now I can’t wash the towel as it’s the only thing dirty. Aargh.

Pinkginxx Thu 21-Mar-19 17:48:01

I had etiquette anxiety over whether to get in the front or backseat of an Uber

PositiveDiscipline Thu 21-Mar-19 17:49:13

I'm struggling to find a hotel in Venice as there are too many to choose from.

Processedpea Thu 21-Mar-19 17:50:39

As I woke up sweaty last night is it time to wear shorts not pyjamas in bed

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: