Talk

Advanced search

Terrible night. Is anyone up?

(17 Posts)
erja Fri 22-Feb-19 02:14:10

Having a whine. DS has coughed so much he's thrown up (all over my bed). Soaked through to the mattress and all over the duvet so I'm up doing that washing.
Can't get back into the bed in the meantime and DS won't go into his own bed.
Out on the sofa and he's vomited a little again on his duvet from coughing.
Not a house with a spare bed or spare sheets either so no idea what to do with him or myself and not sure if he's going to be sick again.

Really not in the mood for a no sleep night either sad

SubparOwl Fri 22-Feb-19 02:21:07

Horrible.
flowers for you. I hate sick. Why can they never get it in a bowl?

I am awake with earache.

JasonGideon Fri 22-Feb-19 02:21:09

Poor you, OP! Have you both got dressing gowns? I’m up with DD but before that I had a terrible nightmare and scared myself awake!

Coldhandscoldheart Fri 22-Feb-19 02:25:29

Just a little on his duvet I’d turn it so the sicky bit is on the top at the foot end as far as possible. Until you can wash it obv. You probably both feel pretty manky anyway, better a slightly stinky cover than none.
Loose trackies/ dressing gown. Socks.

Princesspond Fri 22-Feb-19 02:25:43

I’m up too with a sick child. Dearly want to be asleep. I put towels under them if they are sick as they are quite absorbent and can all be thrown into the hot wash.

Coldhandscoldheart Fri 22-Feb-19 02:26:25

Something to settle the cough too?

Dohee Fri 22-Feb-19 02:28:17

How long has he been like this? Laundry aside, I'd be a little worried about him.

Middlrm Fri 22-Feb-19 02:32:35

Scrub mattress and turn upside dow ? And dressing gowns socks and pass out on bed when he has nothing left to do the other side?
Cough sounds awful doctors on Monday I guess in case of chest infection.

Sounds like an awful night... just doing night feed with my 13 week son ... you have inspired me to invest in a spare duvet and waterproof sheets.

Hope you both manage some sleep 💤

Smotheroffive Fri 22-Feb-19 02:32:54

Nice warm cosy socks, and leggings or tracky bottoms and baggy warm cosy tops.

Towels. Any blankets or throws?

Boiled warm water for sipping to keep fluids up and help sore throat.

Honey sweet tea good for same reason with cough. Also if you can make a tea with thyme and sweeten with honey excellent for sore throats. Plenty of vit c

Hope the night improves flowers

mummmy2017 Fri 22-Feb-19 02:37:28

If old enough flat coke, not the diet one.
But get a bucket ready...
Mine always threw up one as the stuff hit their tummy, but seemed to bring the bug out, so then they were ok...

ToeToToe Fri 22-Feb-19 02:43:25

I can remember a night with ds when he was 2, where he was constantly vomiting. I curled up with him on the sofa, with a blanket, TV on, with a bowl on my lap, and just caught the vomit envy <vom not envy

I can even remember the films that were on - Zoolander and then some detective thing. That was a long night.

Hope he feels better soon thanks

Purplepricklesalloverhisback Fri 22-Feb-19 02:47:05

I’m up. 36 weeks pregnant, uncomfortable and DS has just woken up as he couldn’t find his dummy.

CormoranStrike Fri 22-Feb-19 03:57:01

Poor you.

I can’t sleep - have taken painkillers for my sore shoulder and have eating chocolate chip cookies and drink a glass of water, so am hoping I skip off soon.

Decormad38 Fri 22-Feb-19 04:10:28

Aw feeling for you. Wish I could put you up here. Not short of spare rooms now older dd moved out. Hope you get some sleep op.

Emelene Fri 22-Feb-19 05:00:59

I hope he feels better soon and you can both get some rest. My 3 month old has been feeding and has a bit of a cold so is a little more unsettled that usual x

Crunchymum Fri 22-Feb-19 06:30:34

Mine often puke when they get nasty coughs. It's usually just phlegm / bile and usually not much and only the once or twice.

Just saying it's not necessarily something to be super worried about.

Hope you all managed some sleep.

JMAngel1 Fri 22-Feb-19 06:38:07

Sorry you're all having a rubbish night.
I woke up heart racing at 3.30 and couldn't get back to sleep.
I read about that poor poor 6 year old girl trial last night just before sleep and I had nightmares all night about it. It has shattered me to my core - lord knows how her Mum is managing to put one foot in front of the other.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »