Talk

Advanced search

Ordered a new car, now we can't have it.

(5 Posts)
BiologyNotBigotry Fri 22-Feb-19 00:43:09

We recently ordered a new car inheritance, we're not loaded & carefully planned precisely what we wanted. Contract signed, all fine. 10 days later we get an email letting us know that the one option we really wanted above all else isn't available with that engine. There are no bigger engines available on the trim level we chose & it would be a big jump financially to go up a trim level & get a bigger engine - something we can't afford.

The issue is that they sold us the car, telling us this option was available. They now say that information was incorrect on the dealer's site & will be updated. Obviously, we can't make them add features that don't work with the engine, I'm just incredibly frustrated that they sold us something they can't deliver. I have ASD & my brain won't compute that this is in any way ok. I don't even know what I want them to do about it - I can't imagine they're likely to give us an upgrade! It's just not fair. We had it all planned & I have a contract saying we can have what we wanted! sad

Sorry, just needed a rant... DH is being all reasonable about it. It's not fair. I was so excited to get to choose exactly what I wanted from a car. <Stamps feet>

BrendaUrie Fri 22-Feb-19 00:46:06

Is your name Verruca Salt?

Nottobesoldseparately Fri 22-Feb-19 00:51:34

This happened to me.
Ordered a brand new car, kept being told it was in production.
Then, a week before it was due, got told the market was saturated and there was no car.
I complained direct to the dealership owner, after being fobbed off with poor excuses.
Free upgrade to a much nicer and much better car. It was worth approx £6k more than the one I had ordered.

Keep calm, polite and factual and you might be surprised.

What brand of car is it?

BiologyNotBigotry Fri 22-Feb-19 01:06:14

What brand of car is it?

VW. It took us ages to settle on which car to get & they already messed us about with which engines we could have on the trim level we could afford. Ironically, we originally wanted a bigger engine & were planning to order that, based on an email from their website support people saying we could have it, but then the dealer said it wasn't available. A follow-up email confirmed it wasn't actually available. At least we knew about that before we ordered it though!

I'm just so disappointed. This was a major things for us - we could only afford it because of an inheritance. We've had our current car for 9 years & the one before that was 10 years. I was so excited to be able to have something special for once!

HighsandLows77 Fri 22-Feb-19 01:14:31

Same thing happened with me you need to escalate it, i also got an upgrade with a higher spec but for the same price i signed the contract for.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »