Talk

Advanced search

Another ‘is anyone awake’ thread

(16 Posts)
CantStopTheBeat Fri 22-Feb-19 00:36:22

Sorry to make a thread made almost every night but wouldn’t mind some company tonight.

Everyone is out of my home tonight for various reasons and I’m feeling really anxious. It’s very unusual. I don’t feel settled at all, don’t want to be in bed but on the couch now and feel very aware of being so close the the front door. Police lights even went past before and I panicked for a second thinking it was to get me (and I’ve done nothing criminal).

Can anyone keep my mind off or give tips how to reduce my anxiety? It’s very unusual so even more unsettling.

nocoolnamesleft Fri 22-Feb-19 00:48:39

Hello. Wrap yourself up in a snuggly dressing gown and make yourself a mug of hot chocolate?

sideorderofchips Fri 22-Feb-19 00:53:09

Heya I’m still awake

I suffer anxiety too so I know how you feel

I vape cbd now which does help

AtrociousCircumstance Fri 22-Feb-19 00:55:36

Can you zone out to something on Netflix? Gavin and Stacey is a good one for that.

Also do some breathing exercises - slowly breath in for four seconds, hold for seven, breathe out for eight. Really calms the system.

Hang in there - these feelings always pass.

halfwitpicker Fri 22-Feb-19 00:56:08

Yes I'm here. I'm watching some shite on Netflix with Clive Owen grin

Go to your happy place
Soak your feet in a bowl of hot water
Drink wine or a brew
Put on some relaxing music

Miljah Fri 22-Feb-19 01:06:11

I'm up because I'm 55 and on call for my HCP job and experience has taught me I'd rather be called in from awake to being woken up; not that I can sleep when I'm on call, anyway.

I've been doing this on call for 12 years now, as it's getting so much harder for me. I used to go to bed thinking 'Whatevs', now I'm anxious the whole time.

Thank god it's me only 1:12 ish, it was 1:6 at one stage.

But I hate that the phone will ring, I have to get myself together, drive 8 miles, be kept waiting for sometimes 1.30 hours 🙄 (for an 'urgent' test), then keep on functioning throughout, then drive home, then (potentially) repeat, an hour or so later.

Or I don't get called at all.

Luckily for everyone I have tomorrow off so I can sleep if I spend the night plying the darkened backroads of Hampshire tonight.

It's the one thing I loathe about my job.

AllesAusLiebe Fri 22-Feb-19 01:41:12

Yep, insomnia sucks! Relaxing with a beer because going to bed is pointless and I’ve earned it after DS metamorphosed into Satan’s spawn today.

Anxiety is horrible, OP, I feel for you. Is there anything particularly that triggers it? Is it being alone?

I’ve found that keeping a journal helps. I’ve only been doing it since three weeks but it’s helped me to track my moods and sleep and I’m hoping that with time I’ll be able to identify what makes things worse/better.

minieggsqueen Fri 22-Feb-19 02:14:28

I'm upsad feel like taking the dog for a walk for some reason. Not a good idea when you're a young woman at 2am though in a dodgy area.

I have diagnosed anxiety OP, I find ASMR videos on YouTube help a lot with getting me to sleep. I hope you're doing okay now.thanks

Lilly86 Fri 22-Feb-19 02:18:13

I'm up too! First night at home with a newborn whose decided he wants feeding every hour. The joys! Hope you manage to get some rest op. I'll be here all night if not xx

ClusterFukt Fri 22-Feb-19 02:22:40

I’m up. Stayed up to check my online payslip which was issued at midnight. They’ve fucked up my pay and I can’t sleep, my rent is due on Monday and I could cry.
Payroll are absolute wankers and it will be like getting blood out of a stone getting them to rectify it before next pay day. 😡😡😡😢😢😩😩

Phillipa12 Fri 22-Feb-19 02:23:54

I fell asleep at 8pm and am now wide awake, so have just gone and given my bathroom another lick of paint (decorating is tricky in daylight hours with 3 small boys and 1 bathroom)

Dreamzcancometrue Fri 22-Feb-19 02:31:33

I have insomnia and im 38 weeks pregnant. Currently chatting to strangers on kik im that bored.

MyPatronusIsAnOrca Fri 22-Feb-19 02:38:53

I’m up feeding my 9 week old DD and watching the Chase to keep me awake.

I keep rediscovering all the old game shows. Anyone remember Golden Balls?

Steeve Fri 22-Feb-19 02:41:47

Another anxiety sufferer here. I'm awake with excruciating pain, although not unusual for me to be awake through to 4/5am. I rather "like" the quiet early hours, when I can be alone with my thoughts, and zone out to music when the monsters come. (PTSD/cPTSD/anxiety panic attacks).

Will be here dribbling nonsense through the night. Take care of yourself. Congratulations on your bubba @Lilly86 smile

Downeyhouse Fri 22-Feb-19 02:59:24

I have to get up in an hour to head off on holiday. But have already been wide awake for an hour like a kid on Christmas Eve. Was always going to be a short night and now will be a very short one.

Will be pooped later but dh is doing all the driving as he wants to take his car and I can’t reach the pedals properly grin.

Am here thinking about how I am glad that I can still get so excited when anticipating fun things in life.

However OP have had nights of anxiety over the years too. I find watching gentle stuff on Netflix or listening to an audiobook helps.

Lilly86 Fri 22-Feb-19 02:59:28

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »