Talk

Advanced search

I need a low-FODMAP meal for a bunch of teens. Any suggestions?

(6 Posts)
FindPrimeLorca Thu 21-Feb-19 19:47:53

I’m catering for a small bunch of teens who are eating here on Sunday before going out to the cinema. One of the guests is on a low-FODMAP diet (he’s lovely, I’m definitely not moaning or having a go at “fussy eaters”) and I’m not very well versed on the subject. What could I cook/buy that would be easy and both teen and low-FODMAP friendly? No other dietary requirements AFAIK.

PeterPiperPickedWrong Thu 21-Feb-19 19:56:31

Some ideas here

www.asaucykitchen.com/low-fodmap-diet-dinner-ideas/

Or pick something from the list of foods they can eat and just do something simple like seasoned chicken breasts and homemade potato wedges

barefaced Thu 21-Feb-19 20:02:33

Are they low fodmap in every category? I'd probably do a gluten free pasta or lasagna (no onions or garlic) and a simple salad

FindPrimeLorca Thu 21-Feb-19 20:24:18

No idea about categories unfortunately so I just need to play it safe.

barefaced Fri 22-Feb-19 00:52:17

Another idea would be pizzas - the fodmap guest would need a gluten free base and sauce with no garlic or onion (tomato paste with water and herbs), then let everyone decorate their own

Ricekrispie22 Fri 22-Feb-19 07:28:32

Frittata www.nutritiouslynaughty.co.uk/sweet-potato-feta-frittata/
Huevos Rancheros www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and-drink/fodmap-advice-and-recipes/huevos-rancheros-recipe/
Caramelised banana and porridge alittlebityummy.com/recipe/en-us/caramelised-banana-with-low-fodmap-porridge/
Potato rosti fussyfodmapper.com/low-fodmap-potato-rosti/

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: