Talk

Advanced search

Is there any chance that Brexit won't happen?

(28 Posts)
MandyFl0ss Thu 21-Feb-19 17:26:45

Not saying I live in hope but, well, is there?

AlexaShutUp Thu 21-Feb-19 17:30:43

I think it's unlikely now, but never say never! Personally, I'd be delighted if we could just call the whole thing off, but I think it will now go ahead, probably without a deal.

I reckon we'll find ourselves asking to re-join within the next 5 years, and we'll have no option but to accept less favourable terms than what we have at present.

Such a stupid shitshow!

MillytantForceit Thu 21-Feb-19 17:32:44

If 007 can get to the Brexit Bomb and cut the blue wire, No! The Red One! before the countdown hits zero, then yes, we can call the whole thing off and shuffle away whistling to ourselves like it was nothing to do with us.

mizu Thu 21-Feb-19 17:34:54

Millytant grin

Milicentbystander72 Thu 21-Feb-19 17:38:24

I wish someone would just stand up in Westminster and say.....

WrongKindOfFace Thu 21-Feb-19 17:45:03

I’m 99% sure it will happen, in some shape or form. Hopefully not no deal but I think that’s likely now.

Yes, they should just admit it’s not working and at the very least delay it for now. They should have had a plan upfront.

On the subject, I have read elsewhere that people are making donations of 1p to the new Brexit Party as it costs them more in processing costs to deal with they donation than they gain. I also strongly suspect that a significant proportion of their membership are chaps named Ivor Littledick etc.

NopeNi Thu 21-Feb-19 17:46:20

No. It's happening. Probably no-deal too.

A lot of very very rich people want it, they're not going to be stopped now.

Buddywoo Thu 21-Feb-19 17:53:01

Well, in a strange way if it has to happen I hope it's no deal. Let them see what they have voted for and the consequences of it. Maybe, just maybe, we might then reapply to join.

SilverySurfer Thu 21-Feb-19 19:53:34

NO

LollyHolly24 Thu 21-Feb-19 19:57:34

Thankfully, NO grin

LeekMunchingSheepShagger Thu 21-Feb-19 19:59:24

Unfortunately, no. I think it's too late to go back now.

Lottapianos Thu 21-Feb-19 20:02:52

'Well, in a strange way if it has to happen I hope it's no deal. Let them see what they have voted for and the consequences of it'

I really do understand where you're coming from with this, but I still don't want the country as a whole to suffer

I would LOVE for the whole bloody thing to be called off. It's been a disaster from the beginning

dangermouseisace Thu 21-Feb-19 20:05:46

I think those who believe the EU would consider letting us back in again are overly optimistic.

Britain spent the 1960’s begging the EC to let us in, and they kept saying no.

Margaret Thatcher insisted we were special and got a rebate, when no other country has, and that hardly endeared to other EU nations.

Our incompetent politicians have put the final nail in the coffin for us with the EU. Once we’re out why on earth would they want us back? It’s too much trouble.

Lalalalalalalalaland Thu 21-Feb-19 20:07:40

I hope not.

I voted remain but this ia democracy, if we don't do what the country has voted for what does that say about us?

Mingasauros Thu 21-Feb-19 20:14:53

Whatever happens, we can't go back. Calling off Brexit won't make things go back to how they were. We're in a brave new world no matter what.

ginghambox Thu 21-Feb-19 20:15:55

NO nien ne O’hi nej nee ei non nem nie Não nu nej.

CountFosco Thu 21-Feb-19 20:17:35

I really really hope it doesn't happen. Sadly I think I'm going to be disappointed and I'm really concerned it's going to be no deal and that will lead to the breakup of the UK.

kalinkafoxtrot45 Thu 21-Feb-19 20:18:52

I wish this whole stupid shit show would stop. 5 weeks to go and no clue what’s going to happen.

NotANotMan Thu 21-Feb-19 20:20:37

if we don't do what the country has voted for what does that say about us?

Nobody voted for a no deal cliff edge Brexit

ThomasRichard Thu 21-Feb-19 20:20:37

I wish. There’s no political capital in calling it off for May or Corbyn though and neither of them have the backbone to do what’s right for the country and admit that the whole thing’s a disaster.

Idontmeanto Thu 21-Feb-19 20:22:02

I still cling to a faint hope that at the eleventh hour parliament will be faced with no deal, crap deal or call it off and choose the latter, and whoever wins the next general election do so on a manifesto of stopping this nonsense for good.

Bit sad there have not been more mps leaving their parties today.

ZenNudist Thu 21-Feb-19 20:24:41

I remain (ha) optimistic. I think it is very likely to be delayed.

In any case we have royally fucked our economy. I dont think that can be turned around quickly.

Bluntness100 Thu 21-Feb-19 20:25:31

No deal is the least likely option, over 90 percent of thr house have said they will move to stop it whenit comes to it.

Right now it's between a deal or staying in, it really comes down to will enough supper her deal next week. If they don't then we will stay.

DustyMaiden Thu 21-Feb-19 20:27:58

I don’t believe we will leave. Probably because I don’t want to.

FaultInMyStars Thu 21-Feb-19 20:30:05

My money's on a delay (forced by MPs with no deal taken off the table) - and then another vote, on a deal vs. remain.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »