Talk

Advanced search

Can I use this chicken?

(5 Posts)
ladybird69 Thu 21-Feb-19 17:07:31

Hi I cooked a chicken on tues and the leftovers have been in the fridge since then, can I now put in the freezer or will I have to make it into a curry or casserole and then it’ll be ok to freeze? Or will chicken last couple more days in the fridge and be ok to eat? Tia wine

dementedpixie Thu 21-Feb-19 17:20:50

I'd put it in the freezer if you want to use it in the future. Don't cook it again before freezing.

MsMightyTitanAndHerTroubadours Thu 21-Feb-19 17:24:52

it'll be fine to use today, and I'd be happy to make something with it, like a casserole, or curry, eat some and freeze any leftovers too.

if you are happy it was cooled promptly and fridged properly I'd also be happy to give it another day or two and do something like biryani or pie filling or risotto on saturday when I'd have more time than a random thursday, but obvs your days may vary.

Huskylover1 Thu 21-Feb-19 18:07:38

Just freeze it now, as it is. But in portions of the correct size, so you defrost the correct amount next time.

ladybird69 Thu 21-Feb-19 18:41:41

Thanks I’ll portion it up and pop it in the freezer now. Can’t eat it tonight as we’ve got a slow cooker of stew to get through! Bought new slow cooker and kinda got carried away 😂 will plan things better in the future. Just don’t want to poison anyone.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »