Talk

Advanced search

Buggy/stroller

(23 Posts)
NotSoThinLizzy Thu 21-Feb-19 13:26:13

How long did you use yours for mine gave up today and wondering if its worth buying a mid range price one or just a cheap thing. DS is 17 months been walking for about 4 months

Angelinthenightx Thu 21-Feb-19 14:16:41

I used mine until they were nearly 3 only because i went walking alot but id say 2 and a half to 3yrs at a push depending on how big they are, mine were small so did get a bit longer to some people. I diddnt gej a cheap one as mine was used for walking every day so had a bugaboo but if u want to get on buses etc id say get a cheap fold up one.

kaytee87 Thu 21-Feb-19 14:18:20

It depends how much walking you do? Do you get about by car, or bus or train etc?

Ds is 2.5 yo and we still use his because we mainly use the train to get about or walk. We only really use the car for family days out at the weekend etc.

uncomfortablydumb53 Thu 21-Feb-19 14:18:34

My first DS maclaren was stolen when he was 21 months and I bought another Although he was a great walker he had no sense of urgency
My second DS on the other hand was 3 years 9 months before he gave his up( no problems, just lazy!) So yes I would certainly buy another even a good make second hand My FB market place has some real bargains

flowersaremyfave Thu 21-Feb-19 14:21:28

I'd say 17 months old is a bit to young to walk everywhere. What about when you want to go shopping? Shopping is no fun when your running around trying to find your toddler under a clothes rail 🙈 plus I just think their safer in a buggy, you know where they are 😬 my dd buggy broke yesterday and she is 2.3. I couldn't have her walking everywhere I'd never get home 😂

Bigonesmallone3 Thu 21-Feb-19 14:29:54

At 17 months I would say u will still get plenty of use out of stroller!

Dd turned 2 yesterday and couldn't be without it and can't see myself without it any time soon

INeedNewShoes Thu 21-Feb-19 14:36:48

I'd just buy a cheap one. DD is 21m and we're using the pushchair less and less. We definitely still need one but I reckon within 6 months we'll rarely be using it.

NotSoThinLizzy Thu 21-Feb-19 14:39:10

Good to know. We walk mostly but when shopping we use trolleys. I meed one that'll fold small planning a holiday this year 😊

INeedNewShoes Thu 21-Feb-19 14:41:11

I think mountain buggy nano can go in the cabin locker but these compact style strollers aren't the cheap and cheerful ones!

flowersaremyfave Thu 21-Feb-19 14:58:53

Oh when I meant shopping I meant walking around a town, retail park that sort of thing.

MotherWol Thu 21-Feb-19 15:45:26

DD is 3 and we still take the buggy if we're going out for the day. She likes walking, but she doesn't have the stamina to walk all day. We have a Bugaboo Bee which is nice and roomy and I reckon we'll need it for the next 6-9 months.

NotSoThinLizzy Thu 21-Feb-19 17:06:45

We don't have a high street 😂 we have a tescos and a lidl. Middle of no where.

JazzyBBG Thu 21-Feb-19 17:24:00

I still use mine for my 4 year old when she lets me. Makes shopping trips a lot easier.

MattMagnolia Thu 21-Feb-19 19:41:46

Our primary school is a long hilly walk away and a younger sibling can’t walk there and back twice daily so I used the buggy for years. It also kept the occupant warm and dry in winter.

NotSoThinLizzy Sat 23-Feb-19 11:23:43

So I had a positive test this morning so am I right in thinking I should get a tandem buggy?

NotSoThinLizzy Sat 23-Feb-19 11:24:10

DS will be 26 months

PotteringAlong Sat 23-Feb-19 11:26:49

Yes, get a double! Congratulations flowers

I had a Phil and teds that I got 2nd hand. Used it for DS 1 and 2 and then 2 and 3 and I sold it for more than I paid!

greenelephantscarf Sat 23-Feb-19 11:27:25

we had a cheap buggy after the expensive travel system proved impossible on public transport until dc was 3yo.
however more often than not we used a carrier.

Purplepricklesalloverhisback Sat 23-Feb-19 11:30:18

Tandums are anoain to push but a side by side would be empty for the next 9 months so it’s hard to decide.

Best double buggy I’ve used is an out and about Nipper.

MamaRaisingBoys Sat 23-Feb-19 11:40:59

Buy a cheapie until you need the double, especially as the weather will be getting nicer so probably need less use out of it

NotSoThinLizzy Sat 23-Feb-19 13:43:33

It wasn't expected 😂 but hey ho. Thanks everyone

MummySharkBabyShark Sat 23-Feb-19 15:51:00

Congratulations

INeedNewShoes Sun 24-Feb-19 05:54:40

Wow! Congratulations smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: