Talk

Advanced search

I’m yet to meet a leaver

(456 Posts)
ScafellPoke Wed 20-Feb-19 22:12:37

Or have I but they’re just too ashamed to admit it?

SheWoreBlueVelvet Wed 20-Feb-19 22:16:43

Do you think your attitude might have something to do with it....

WallisFrizz Wed 20-Feb-19 22:19:05

I know at least 5 from different parts of the country (inc SE). All very open about it, all would vote the same again. I am a remainder and it is why I am hesitant about wanting a second referendum...I think the result may be the same, therefore an even bigger waste of time and money. MN is unfortunately quite unique in its anti Brexit dominance.

WallisFrizz Wed 20-Feb-19 22:19:46

A Remainer not remainder.

LaurieFairyCake Wed 20-Feb-19 22:21:57

I've never met one in real life either - telly people don't count grin

But it's not a surprise since I hardly go out and I live in a Remainer stronghold

LeadMeToTheChocolate Wed 20-Feb-19 22:22:23

I know 2.
One is racist (this is their reason behind their political ideology and their vote) and over 70, one is clueless politically and never voted before- she thinks it’s great that the first time she did her ‘side’ won.

MrsWicket Wed 20-Feb-19 22:24:31

I’m a leaver, DH is a leaver and most of our extended family and friends are too. Agree with Wallis, not any have changed their minds.

JenniferJareau Wed 20-Feb-19 22:26:17

Not a surprise. The vitriol that is sent their way I don't blame them for keeping quiet.

Maybe they are just hesitant to get called 'thickos' and 'racists' like on a recent MN threads.

hazeyjane Wed 20-Feb-19 22:26:23

You might have done but their heads are buried so deep in the sand or up their own arses that you wouldn't know.

(Disclaimer - obviously the above is only in reference to the people I know who voted leave)

Singlenotsingle Wed 20-Feb-19 22:27:58

You probably just don't move in the right circles. Do you live in the elite South, OP?

ScafellPoke Wed 20-Feb-19 22:28:18

Why should they be ashamed by my attitude? shewore what’s that got to do with it?

ScafellPoke Wed 20-Feb-19 22:29:52

What are they then jennifer? I’ve yet to hear a decent reason to leave

southnownorth Wed 20-Feb-19 22:30:33

FGS not this again,

Oh mighty one, I live with one.

ScafellPoke Wed 20-Feb-19 22:30:34

No single in deepest wettest wales

ScafellPoke Wed 20-Feb-19 22:32:03

Genuinely south i don’t understand why leavers aren’t more vocal. I’m not vocal about my decision except to my dh. But whenever anyone ever talks about it, it’s all in favour of staying

Fanjango Wed 20-Feb-19 22:32:21

I know many sadly. My MP is a hard brexit man and many here are too. Mostly not very intelligent and rather racist from experience. They don't understand the actual issues, just immigration and racism.

southnownorth Wed 20-Feb-19 22:33:43

The vitriol they receive, which I only read about here on Mumsnet really.

They are not all thick racists.

thegreylady Wed 20-Feb-19 22:33:50

My dh is a leaver and willing to explain why. In fact the more we hear from The EU the more I am being swayed to his point of view.

Windowsareforcheaters Wed 20-Feb-19 22:35:05

The vitriol that is sent their way I don't blame them for keeping quiet

Leavers are not a persecuted minority. They are not victims of fate. Leavers won - more people voted leave. They are the victors.

TheIncredibleBookEatingManchot Wed 20-Feb-19 22:35:47

I know two who voted leave.

Both say it was a protest vote against the government, and they never expected leave to win.

DippyAvocado Wed 20-Feb-19 22:36:27

Come to Essex. Loads of them here. I got many disapproving looks carrying my EU flag on the train when I went in the marches. They are generally the older, affluent type of leaver in this part of the world.

Pinkyyy Wed 20-Feb-19 22:38:03

I am a leaver.

Calledyoulastnightfromglasgow Wed 20-Feb-19 22:38:50

I know several and most don’t admit it for fear of accusations. I bet you know plenty OP. They probably think you are a smug PITA

ScafellPoke Wed 20-Feb-19 22:38:53

Every other person I meet should be one.

ScafellPoke Wed 20-Feb-19 22:39:19

Why would I be smug? I didn’t win!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »