Talk

Advanced search

Shamima Begum has her citizenship revoked

(1000 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

KenAdams Tue 19-Feb-19 18:48:54

How can this happen? I thought they aren't allowed to leave a person stateless? Not that I'm disagreeing, I'm just wondering how they managed it.

MaybeitsMaybelline Tue 19-Feb-19 19:19:27

Sorry 2019 not 2009, maybe the home office has realised she is entitled to dual citizenship and revoked her uk one.

Tough shit.

CameliaCamelia Tue 19-Feb-19 19:19:40

It's good!!

Her smug face all over the media. Not so smug now love. It's a fine example of what not to do

Hope it stops at least one kid doing similiar now

Saylav Tue 19-Feb-19 19:19:49

No, it's not thickos or racists. She's a radicalised terrorist sympathiser at the very least. She has no remorse. She only wants to come back here because it's not so good over there at the moment. She wants to live under Sharia law. She doesn't want to live under UK law. I always said she was a plant.

BifsWif Tue 19-Feb-19 19:19:50

Didn’t think it’d be long until someone cried ‘racist!’.

DonutCone Tue 19-Feb-19 19:19:55

Considering both her parents were born in Bangladesh she quite clearly isn’t going to be stateless is she?

Her parents did a seriously shit job with her so why on earth they thought they should get the baby, if there is a baby, baffles me.

happyhillock Tue 19-Feb-19 19:20:08

Absolutely delighted, she made her bed now she has to lye in it, no sympathy for her at all.

Jb291 Tue 19-Feb-19 19:20:16

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

CameliaCamelia Tue 19-Feb-19 19:20:33

You can 'de radicalise' her on your doorstep then.

daisypond Tue 19-Feb-19 19:21:07

She has Bangladeshi citizenship through her mother.
"Bangladeshi citizenship is provided primarily jus sanguinis, or through bloodline, irrespectively of the place or legitimacy of the birth"

booksandcaffeine Tue 19-Feb-19 19:21:24

Good. She has openingly admitted she doesn't regret going over to Syria. Also the comments she made about the Manchester bombings are disgusting.

I feel sorry for her baby being born in the middle of all this though.

Bunnyfuller Tue 19-Feb-19 19:21:29

She may not have fought, but she will be a very skilled advocate for IS, and her unrepentant attitude points at a fab ability to radicalise.

Who knows, she may have been directed to come back?

CameliaCamelia Tue 19-Feb-19 19:21:38

Yes, there's zero proof any of these babies existed

Or should we believe her??

Wildcate Tue 19-Feb-19 19:22:04

This. Thickos and racists who think that it's fine for Britain to export their homegrown radicalised teenagers to other countries.

We didn’t export her. She went of her own volition.

From

The racist thicko 🙄🙄🙄

MillytantForceit Tue 19-Feb-19 19:22:07

Mother has Bangladesh nationality, therefore she is eligible to apply for it if she doesn't already have it, and so HMG argues it is not making her stateless, but if she refuses to be Bangladeshi she is making herself stateless.

Bangladesh has taken in nearly a million from Myanmar so one more won't make any difference.

M'Learned Freinds already have the meter running.

whataboutbob Tue 19-Feb-19 19:22:19

@SpanielEars007 I think there is a problem amongst the British Bangladeshi community of trying to control their youth and make them live according to rules suited to another society in another era. Going off to Syria to marry a hot jihadi is a way of rebelling against parents while being holier than thou. Apparently a win win especially for someone who appears to be of modest intelligence.

Saylav Tue 19-Feb-19 19:22:31

I don't think this would have been a decision that would have been made unless she was a serious threat. So they must have serious intelligence on her.

ozymandiusking Tue 19-Feb-19 19:23:31

Hey Sparky Boots, you wouldn't be able to buy sparkly boots out there!
Let alone wear them.

Loseitandkeepitlost Tue 19-Feb-19 19:23:32

I don't think it's fair to class people as thick and/or racist because they agree with the decision.

She hasn't been exported, she left by choice. She does not appear to regret her choices and still believes there was justification for innocent lives being taken, including those taken in the UK.

I'm not saying I agree with the decision, but I don't condemn those that do.

Mistigri Tue 19-Feb-19 19:23:36

She has Bangladeshi citizenship through her mother.

So? Do you think it's fine for the U.K. to exports its homegrown terrorists to Bangladesh?

CameliaCamelia Tue 19-Feb-19 19:23:53

Oh do the parents who are so very concerned about her will now be presumably leaving for Bangladesh soon then?

It's her sister who I feel sorry for in all this. She's going nowhere though, she has no passport cos thieving scheming Shamima stole it!

Mummyoflittledragon Tue 19-Feb-19 19:24:10

She was happy to witness decapitated heads in baskets in the name of Islam. We have no idea if she committed atrocities herself. I understand she was groomed in the U.K. so I’m conflicted by this decision. She’s still only 19 and has been living under a brutal regime. My feeling is she should be allowed to return and face consequences under British law. I understand the can of worms this opens but I think it’s wrong to revoke her citizenship and throw the problem elsewhere. However on the flip side it sends a very clear message to everyone else over there thinking abut coming home and anyone still in the U.K. contemplating joining IS.

GrubbyHipsterBeard Tue 19-Feb-19 19:24:31

So? Has she been prosecuted and convicted in a court of law? Is Britain a democracy which respects the rule of law?

Is it the law that Britain can not revoke citizenship unless the person has been convicted in a court of law?

KingHenrysCodpiece Tue 19-Feb-19 19:24:34

So? Has she been prosecuted and convicted in a court of law? Is Britain a democracy which respects the rule of law?

Not anymore it seems. We've lowered our standards.

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Tue 19-Feb-19 19:24:36

and the message that sends to anyone who is inclined to do similar.

Let’s hope the message they get is the message you want them to get. Potentially the message that people vulnerable to being radicalised or who have already been radicalised get from this story could be very different.

midsomermurderess Tue 19-Feb-19 19:24:54

To those staying the HO must have checked this out fully, remember Windrush.

This thread is not accepting new messages.