Talk

Advanced search

Shamima Begum has her citizenship revoked

(1000 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

KenAdams Tue 19-Feb-19 18:48:54

How can this happen? I thought they aren't allowed to leave a person stateless? Not that I'm disagreeing, I'm just wondering how they managed it.

PerspicaciaTick Tue 19-Feb-19 19:14:22

Totally hypocritical of our Govt.
We helped write the international rules which are supposed to prevent people being made stateless.
We get very hacked off when other countries make their citizens stateless and refuse to take them back off us when we don't want them.
But faced with a 19yo with a new baby we throw all our principles out of the window.

AlaskanOilBaron Tue 19-Feb-19 19:14:23

Over 300 Isis fighters have returned to the UK why wasn't their citizenship revoked ?

I'm guessing they weren't dual nationals.

BifsWif Tue 19-Feb-19 19:14:30

Who knows Portia?

And do you know how many of those 300 + faced charges? 40.

Forgive me if I don’t agree with those saying she should be brought back to face charges.

JenniferJareau Tue 19-Feb-19 19:14:44

Finally some common sense!

Good riddance you terrorist sympathiser.

Budsbegginingspringinsight Tue 19-Feb-19 19:14:51

There's being a tear away... and being a tear away isn't there.....

Getting drunk.... unprotected sex.... trying drug's.....

Not seeing people being burned alive in cages.. and wanting to join in 🙄.

I'd much rather offer citizen ship and protection to to the children born to yadizi sex slaves Etc

BifsWif Tue 19-Feb-19 19:15:03

SHE IS NOT STATELESS!

MillytantForceit Tue 19-Feb-19 19:15:06

Sending a message to the voters back home, to Donny Trumpton who thinks we should have them all back, and to any other would-be jihadis at home who might think twice.

Mistigri Tue 19-Feb-19 19:15:08

I'm so disgusted by this. A child raised and radicalised in the U.K. and because she apparently has the right to Bangladesh citizenship they want to make her Bangladesh's problem?

Not to mention that she has not, yet, been convicted of any crime.

AmIAWeed Tue 19-Feb-19 19:15:11

Teenagers make many mistakes but running off to join terrorists, then claiming you want to come back but do not regret your actions are not 'typical teenager' mistakes and I have zero empathy for her. I do not want terrorists here, I do not want terrorist sympathisers here and it's about time firm action is taken to show that if you choose to leave for such a group then your decision is final and you are not a British citizen

HotpotLawyer Tue 19-Feb-19 19:15:35

She was still a British Citizen when her baby was born on Sunday.

Surely they cannot revoke the baby’s citizenship?

CarolDanvers Tue 19-Feb-19 19:15:44

Its very easy to say great serves her right and yes it probably does but this is a dangerous precedent if she doesn't have dual citizenship and I can't help feeling some disquiet.

Mistigri Tue 19-Feb-19 19:16:13

I don't have empathy for her. But people saying this is OK are saying that it's fine to ship our homegrown terrorists to other countries.

Katterinaballerina Tue 19-Feb-19 19:16:28

‘Over 300 Isis fighters have returned to the UK why wasn't their citizenship revoked‘

This.

Total dog whistle politics.

Budsbegginingspringinsight Tue 19-Feb-19 19:16:41

This girl has no principles. I saw orphan on ITV this morning who was made one by the Manchester bomber.

I think we're showing values and principles by rejecting her.

SpanielEars070 Tue 19-Feb-19 19:16:45

That's what happens when 15 year olds are allowed unrestricted access to the internet.

Her parents need to accept their part in this. And shut the fuck up.

She made her bed. Now she's got a newborn to lie in it too. Actions and consequences.

Saucery Tue 19-Feb-19 19:16:56

Well, let’s just have her out there continuing to be a vocal martyr and poster girl for Isis then . Because revenge is always a better path to take than monitoring, due legal process and prevention, isn’t it.

MaybeitsMaybelline Tue 19-Feb-19 19:17:40

According to Wikipedia she has Bangladeshi dual citizenship since 2009? I know it’s not exactly a great source of information but this could be the reason.

Imissgmichael Tue 19-Feb-19 19:17:44

Mistrigri she’s admitted committing a crime.

Mistigri Tue 19-Feb-19 19:17:56

Thickos will go along with it

This. Thickos and racists who think that it's fine for Britain to export their homegrown radicalised teenagers to other countries.

surferjet Tue 19-Feb-19 19:18:04

Good!

KingHenrysCodpiece Tue 19-Feb-19 19:18:06

This is not a good thing.

ooooohbetty Tue 19-Feb-19 19:18:27

Good. I hope her parents are denied any legal aid to fight it.

Mistigri Tue 19-Feb-19 19:18:48

Mistrigri she’s admitted committing a crime.

So? Has she been prosecuted and convicted in a court of law? Is Britain a democracy which respects the rule of law?

HavelockVetinari Tue 19-Feb-19 19:18:54

I can't believe this. She was a vulnerable child who was groomed, and since then has been completely under the power of those who brainwashed her to begin with. And in the interim has had her two children die. No wonder she's spouting ISIS nonsense. She needs bringing home and de-radicalising.

Wakk Tue 19-Feb-19 19:19:11

Great news.

This thread is not accepting new messages.