Talk

Advanced search

All the animals on my road are looking for action tonight

(12 Posts)
mooncuplanding Tue 12-Feb-19 00:19:42

It must be that time of year for courting out in animal world

Had an owl desperately twit twooing for about half an hour and now some foxes doing that weird squealing thing they do like someone is being abducted

I can't wait for the frog orgy coming up soon

thislldofornow Tue 12-Feb-19 00:24:11

The owl is actually two owls - twit twoo is a call-response!

mooncuplanding Tue 12-Feb-19 00:26:53

Oh that's happy news that they were already getting it on

I thought it was a lonely owl being ignored

EnidButton Tue 12-Feb-19 00:44:55

One says t-wit! The other replies t-woo!

We have those out the back and they seem to alternate nights with a small one (forget the type) at the front of the house who kind of screams. Which is nice.

Occasionally the neighbour's cats on either side of us accidentally meet and a yowling, screeching fight kicks off.

Rarely hear a fox. Both excited and terrified when I do. On the one hand, it's a fox! On the other, for a brief moment, I think someone is being murdered.

Redcampions Tue 12-Feb-19 00:52:16

Same here I was walking to work which is only round the corner and an owl in the tree over gave a screech and I nearly wet myself. We now have foxes going at it

TimeIhadaNameChange Tue 12-Feb-19 10:29:06

I grew up with foxes and think nothing of them. It's the blinking hedgehogs that get me here, though. Honestly, the first time I heard them I went out in my nightie with a torch, thinking a poor creature was being tortured!

I've been feeding them during the winter, on the basis they'll be nice and let me sleep peacefully this year. I'm not holding my breath!

TheBuggerlugs Tue 12-Feb-19 10:53:52

Lols at "Frog Orgy" grin

Hoppinggreen Tue 12-Feb-19 10:56:29

Must be getting to that time of year
The ducks are back in the ponds at the back of our house and there will be duck orgies for weeks now

mooncuplanding Tue 12-Feb-19 11:07:21

What do the hedgehogs do @timeihadanamechange?

I feel like I'm missing out already

Lonecatwithkitten Tue 12-Feb-19 11:15:21

Better than the wall flower owl I had last night twit, twit pause twit, twit pause and so on. No twoo our there.

mooncuplanding Tue 12-Feb-19 11:26:19

i feel so sad for your owl @lonecatwithkitten

I thought my owl was in a similar position but this thread has brought me joy to know they were actually having a great time

TimeIhadaNameChange Tue 12-Feb-19 17:41:35

Hedgehogs make a really weird sound, mooncuplanding . Sort of grunting, but load. The first time I heard them I really did get quite worried for whatever was out there.

Seems I'm not the only one to be annoyed by the buggers!

And don't let them near the alcohol!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: