Talk

Advanced search

What are your favourite and least favourite months of the year ?

(137 Posts)
IndigoSpritz Fri 08-Feb-19 11:17:11

My favourite is April. Spring is properly established (Beasts from the East notwithstanding), the days are noticeably longer and brighter, daffodils and tree blossom abound, it's often when Easter falls and there's the promise of May and June to come.

Conversely, November is just miserable. Increasingly darker days, chilly, bare trees, the smell of decay from rotting leaves and flowers, mud. Yuck. Nothing good about November at all.

Obviously, folk in the southern hemisphere may disagree !

sonlypuppyfat Fri 08-Feb-19 11:19:01

I like December I love christmas, I detest July or August I can't stand being hot

Toddlerteaplease Fri 08-Feb-19 11:19:20

May because summer is coming. I hate October because it means winter is on the way.

1happyhippie Fri 08-Feb-19 11:21:00

I like April too. You know the better weather is coming and you have the worst of the weather behind you.
I don't like February! It's a nothing month. Still cold, dark and miserable. At least it's a short month though.

InterchangeableEmma Fri 08-Feb-19 11:22:30

I find February very hard.

May and September are probably my favourites.

RoyalChocolat Fri 08-Feb-19 11:26:03

I like June and hate November.

DuffBeer Fri 08-Feb-19 11:27:28

May-Sept favourites- I can't choose only one!

Worst - Feb

GrouchyKiwi Fri 08-Feb-19 11:48:24

I love May. Spring smells, all the lovely flowers, grass is green, it's warm but not hot. Love May.

Agree that November is the worst. I hate the strong winds that come that month.

bobstersmum Fri 08-Feb-19 11:51:22

I dislike Oct, Nov, Dec, mainly as the bugs seem rife then and the kids are always ill.
I like May, it's usually sunny, and everything starting to look summery.

lljkk Fri 08-Feb-19 11:51:29

January sucks. Winter is long enough by then & I suffer from the cold.
I can't think of a fave. Winter is always too close for comfort.

RusholmeRuffian Fri 08-Feb-19 11:51:57

May and September are my favourites.

December is my least favourite by a mile.

letsdolunch321 Fri 08-Feb-19 11:54:53

Love April - October warmer weather & spring is around the corner

Dislike Nov - March ..... too cold and dank for my liking.

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Fri 08-Feb-19 11:55:41

I like March, April, May, June, July September & early October. I don't like January much. If it weren't for dc3(5) birthday I'd be happy if February didn't exist. It's the month my Dad & Grandad died in & always seems wet & grey (or occasionally snowy) in my memories.

DandilionBreak Fri 08-Feb-19 12:01:11

I loathe December I'm afraid. I find the dark nights really depress me, as does the whole ramping up to Christmas thing. I appreciate I'm in the minority, but that is not a happy time of year for me and it deeply affects me that I cannot avoid it.

Favourite is either May (cos it's spring, I can sit outside with my lunch and listen to the country sounds) or October (because I do really love autumn, and the first cooler days with that fresh feel to the air).

VanillaSauce Fri 08-Feb-19 12:08:28

Favourite September - Bountiful harvests, can still enjoy the long summer evenings and everywhere is quiet again in the day because the kids are back at school.
Worst - December because of Christmas and all the nonsense that goes with it.

IndigoSpritz Fri 08-Feb-19 12:12:55

I'm ambivalent about February. It's often the coldest month but it's also the last month of meteorological winter, plus the days are noticeably longer than in December and January. I work 12 hour days so February is when I go to work in the dark but come home in daylight.

wendz86 Fri 08-Feb-19 12:22:04

My favourites are April, may , June and December. Love the spring/early summer. Also December is always exciting with all the Christmas build up.
Worst is Jan, hate how long it seems to last and the darkness and weather.

halfwitpicker Fri 08-Feb-19 12:33:16

Hate January, love September.

Clawdy Fri 08-Feb-19 12:35:17

Love April. Don't like December, although for years I loved it. Stressful and difficult now.

amusedbush Fri 08-Feb-19 12:38:33

I love May. My birthday is in May, plus it's a nice temperature and the mornings/evenings are lighter.

January is awful. It seems to last for 94 days and it's just so dark and miserable.

JeezOhGeeWhizz Fri 08-Feb-19 12:39:37

January is my worst.
July the best.

thismeansnothing Fri 08-Feb-19 12:44:02

Fave October (well October to end of December)

Worst June (and you can throw in July/August too)

DareDevil223 Fri 08-Feb-19 12:48:14

I like May because the weather is often lovely but not heatwave hot and it's when my DS was born, I love December because of the countdown to Christmas. September is great too.

I hate January and February so dark and cold.

BitOutOfPractice Fri 08-Feb-19 13:12:37

Hate January. Cold dark and skint.

June long warm days and it's my birthday

Vintagevixen Fri 08-Feb-19 13:56:29

Love January as it's cold, possible snow (love snow) and a lovely quiet month with not too many demands. In fact I love any month between October to Febuary because I actually like the shorter, darker days.

May is nice for the spring flowers.

Detest June/July/August (despite my birthday being in this period!) because I dislike heat and the summer, it's a bit brash for me!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »