Talk

Advanced search

To ask if my child will have tea at their friends house?

(4 Posts)
Teapot1984 Sat 02-Feb-19 15:16:22

I was just wondering what other parents do in this situation.

If my child is having a friend over after school/for the afternoon/a sleepover etc then I always expect to feed said friend so if for example if the friend was arriving at 6:30pm for a sleepover I'd ask my child if they would like to have tea with us and I'd alter our tea time from about 5:45 to slightly later or I'd do something different for my child and their friend when they arrived eg Pizza,it's never been an issue,there's 6 of us in our house adding an extra person for the is no big deal.

But when one of children go to a friends house their not always invited for tea and I have to provide tea before/after they go or arrive home.Is it usually a given you'd feed their friend or just me?

Designerenvy Sat 02-Feb-19 15:19:00

I always feed kids in play dates at my house but I've discovered not everyone does .
Maybe they find other people's kids don't hear what their kids eat? Not sure, but I have seen it.
I always offer food, if they eat great, if they don't I just inform the parents so they can have something at home.

Designerenvy Sat 02-Feb-19 15:20:02

Sorry..... don't eat what their kids eat

user1493413286 Sat 02-Feb-19 15:22:46

I would expect to feed but people can have different views. If another adult is at my house over a meal time I always offer food (actually probably at any time of the day) but not everyone does.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »