Talk

Advanced search

Restaurant help from Londoners please!!

(37 Posts)
Blobby10 Thu 24-Jan-19 10:03:06

Hoping that some wise Mumsnetters can help me out with some suggestions for places to go for my son's 21st. He's at uni in London so knows the area but we wanted to go somewhere naice for his 21st. Saturday evening so we know we have to book and were thinking of the Shard or Oxo Tower but is there anywhere else just as nice that we are missing? Happy to eat early (then he can go and party with his friends grin) but nothing horrendously expensive as we just wouldn't appreciate it enough.

Blobby10 Thu 24-Jan-19 10:54:55

Hawksmoor currently looking like a favourite!!! Must go and work now but Thank You so much to everyone who has made suggestions. I have checked out all the menus and, if it was just me, would be having a really hard time choosing! But with most of the party being steak lovers, we will go with that. I think grin

@mynameiscalypso those rolos sound amazing..............................grin

SissySpacekAteMyHamster Thu 24-Jan-19 10:55:28

The cocktails At the Oxo Tower are great but the food was a let down.

Artesia Thu 24-Jan-19 10:57:43

Clos Maggiore in Covent Garden, and ask to sit in the conservatory. The tasting menu is incredible.

FreeButtonBee Thu 24-Jan-19 10:59:44

For somewhere slightly more special but still pretty standard British menu, The Game Bird is really lovely.

Believability Thu 24-Jan-19 11:05:33

Sticks and Sushi or Roka for Japanese which I highly recommend. Otherwise somewhere like Delaunay, The Wolseley, Colony Grill, Dean Street Townhouse,

HelloViroids Thu 24-Jan-19 11:08:40

For steak, Hawksmoor - also like Goodmans and Hix. Dean St Townhouse and Charlotte St Hotel also nice but less good IMO.

RainbowWaffles Thu 24-Jan-19 11:11:59

Another vote for hawksmoor as serving the best steak in London. They also serve a cracking Bloody Mary if it’s your thing.

Hobbes8 Thu 24-Jan-19 11:31:27

Some of the shad Thames/butlers wharf restaurants are nice and they all have views of Tower Bridge. There’s everything from Conran type restaurants to Pizza Express so suit all budgets.

The Chop House is a nice one.

bettybiggestballs Thu 24-Jan-19 12:36:34

Goodmans is amazing for steaks, also great service. Temper in soho is also very meat focused and very buzzy.

Burpsandfustles Thu 24-Jan-19 12:43:13

Hawksmoor Yy.

Something like rules might be fun? The oldest restaurant in London? Very classic British...

Bayleyf Thu 24-Jan-19 12:45:02

Bob Bob Riccard, but only if you're willing to give the Champagne Button a go.

Blobby10 Sun 03-Mar-19 07:51:01

Just wanted to say a massive THANK YOU to everyone who made suggestions and in particular those who recommend Hawksmoor Spitalfields. We went last night and, (despite the eyewatering bill!) had an amazing meal. Staff were fantastic and the food was awesome.

So thankyou smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »