Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone up? I'm going INSANE WITH ANGER

(103 Posts)
SneakyGremlins Wed 23-Jan-19 03:08:43

There is some kind of alarm making a noise a few streets away. It has been for several hours. It's not loud per say but it's audible enough to stop me sleeping. AND IT IS JUST ONE CONTINUOUS NOTE. ARGHHHHHHHHHHH

RosalieDene Wed 30-Jan-19 11:53:04

Just in case you do call your local council out of hours you will need to have an exact address it's going off at. You can't just say 'i think it's this' or it's on this street, it needs to be 100%. They won't be able to do anything without that info.

Also, many EHOs won't attend in the middle of the night so it is best to call earlier if it starts up again next Wednesday.

DemelzaPoldarksshinerrefiner Wed 30-Jan-19 11:46:37

I meet the melodic offerings of a suburban he-hen. Then raise you to peacock mating season. One ostensibly mild mannered neighbour telling another neighbour if he didn’t sort it out either him or the bird was going to ‘get fucked’ that night !

RunSweatLaughAndLatte Wed 30-Jan-19 08:18:00

SneakyGremlins, perhaps it's not coming from where you think it is then if your friend can't hear it. I'd be tempted to take a walk next time to figure out where its coming from and record it. Keep a diary of when it starts and stops, so if it becomes a pattern you can report it to environmental health.

Wigwambam10 Wed 30-Jan-19 02:36:36

I thought cockrals were not allowed in residential areas.

Poppins2016 Wed 30-Jan-19 02:18:48

There's often a sticker in the window of an alarmed building, with contact details for the alarm company. Might be worth calling to notify/complain (if you do decide to get out of bed to investigate where the noise is coming from).

SapphireSeptember Wed 30-Jan-19 01:47:17

Sneaky Argh, that sounds horrible! Hope you get some shut eye. (Or a rocket launcher, that'll sort it out.)

Baroness A giant Pikachu you say? I am intrigued...

SneakyGremlins Wed 30-Jan-19 01:45:46

Well my best friend who lives closer than I do by two streets claims not to hear it hmm

Zacksnan Wed 30-Jan-19 01:44:23

At least if it’s going off at the same time you can inform the environmental people. Or tape it yourself.

You won’t be the only one complaining.

SneakyGremlins Wed 30-Jan-19 01:42:23

That's an acceptable time though.

Going to try and binge watch a season of Drag Race get some sleep. Not holding out much hope...

LaurelAndMardy Wed 30-Jan-19 01:41:35

Arghh no!! So annoying.

BaronessBomburst Wed 30-Jan-19 01:41:25

Fire alarm goes off at DS' athletics training at 19:20 every Monday.
Could be.

(I'm off to sleep with the giant Pikachu)

SneakyGremlins Wed 30-Jan-19 01:34:07

I've just realised something. It's been a week.

Is this going to be a thing every Wednesday????

sad

SneakyGremlins Wed 30-Jan-19 01:28:17

The reason I didn't go into the business a couple days ago as I was passing is I'm not entirely sure where it's come from, I can just sort of vaguely guesstimate the distance it's coming from if that makes sense? And that distance matches the business which has had an alarm blaring through the day before but I didn't think to record it for comparison purposes.

SneakyGremlins Wed 30-Jan-19 01:26:25

<googles "industrial use expanding foam near me">

Premier Inn is in the other direction. If I had any spare cash I'd check in for the night!

I do appreciate the company smileflowers

BaronessBomburst Wed 30-Jan-19 01:26:20

You could try using the disfigured Quavers?

Zacksnan Wed 30-Jan-19 01:23:09

If the Premier Inn is near the alarm place they ought to provide earplugs grin.

DemelzaPoldarksshinerrefiner Wed 30-Jan-19 01:23:08

I keep a tin of expanding foam in case my alarm ever goes rogue in the wee small hours. I will be spraying it in the bell box to hopefully diminish it’s death rattles to tolerable whilst an engineer is summoned.

SneakyGremlins Wed 30-Jan-19 01:21:37

Last year's holiday was a night in the Premier Inn literally half a mile up the road grin

I'll be fine, no plans tomorrow so can sleep in. Luckily I have no DC so lie ins are possible!

Zacksnan Wed 30-Jan-19 01:20:17

Ear plugs? Got any airline amenity kits hanging around from last year’s hols that might have some?

SneakyGremlins Wed 30-Jan-19 01:19:41

Thanks Cat flowers

Zacksnan I hope not sad

I don't want this to become one of those "Sneaky and the twatface alarms at 1AM part 87⅓" Threads grin

Zacksnan Wed 30-Jan-19 01:18:17

Could it be more than one?

MrsCatE Wed 30-Jan-19 01:17:48

Bugger that mate @SneakyGremlins. I am doing virtual West Side Story Gang Dance - clicky fingers, side step taps and everything - sending evils to alarm bastards xx

SneakyGremlins Wed 30-Jan-19 01:16:21

WIBU to trudge out and find where the alarm is coming from in -2 degrees and snow?

Oh for the love of disfigured quavers it's changed TONE like it did last time.

Can security alarms get low batteries?

BaronessBomburst Wed 30-Jan-19 01:14:55

I know, I tried sad

Zacksnan Wed 30-Jan-19 01:14:19

Go to sleep with the thought of him trudging through the snow, maybe slipping a couple of times, in his pyjamas and wellies..

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »