Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone up? I'm going INSANE WITH ANGER

(103 Posts)
SneakyGremlins Wed 23-Jan-19 03:08:43

There is some kind of alarm making a noise a few streets away. It has been for several hours. It's not loud per say but it's audible enough to stop me sleeping. AND IT IS JUST ONE CONTINUOUS NOTE. ARGHHHHHHHHHHH

RunSweatLaughAndLatte Wed 30-Jan-19 08:18:00

SneakyGremlins, perhaps it's not coming from where you think it is then if your friend can't hear it. I'd be tempted to take a walk next time to figure out where its coming from and record it. Keep a diary of when it starts and stops, so if it becomes a pattern you can report it to environmental health.

DemelzaPoldarksshinerrefiner Wed 30-Jan-19 11:46:37

I meet the melodic offerings of a suburban he-hen. Then raise you to peacock mating season. One ostensibly mild mannered neighbour telling another neighbour if he didn’t sort it out either him or the bird was going to ‘get fucked’ that night !

RosalieDene Wed 30-Jan-19 11:53:04

Just in case you do call your local council out of hours you will need to have an exact address it's going off at. You can't just say 'i think it's this' or it's on this street, it needs to be 100%. They won't be able to do anything without that info.

Also, many EHOs won't attend in the middle of the night so it is best to call earlier if it starts up again next Wednesday.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »