Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone up? I'm going INSANE WITH ANGER

(103 Posts)
SneakyGremlins Wed 23-Jan-19 03:08:43

There is some kind of alarm making a noise a few streets away. It has been for several hours. It's not loud per say but it's audible enough to stop me sleeping. AND IT IS JUST ONE CONTINUOUS NOTE. ARGHHHHHHHHHHH

SneakyGremlins Wed 30-Jan-19 01:10:13

It was you setting it off remotely @BaronessBomburst ! shock

well can't battle actually as not ultra friends

Alarm has just shut off, again - and I'm now wide awake. ARGHHH

BaronessBomburst Wed 30-Jan-19 01:05:44

That'll teach you for not opening my gifts! grin We could have PVPd for stardust and sinnoh stones.
<confuses everyone else reading the thread>

SneakyGremlins Wed 30-Jan-19 01:02:49

Zacksnan that makes me happy. Am I evil? grin

We have quite a bit of snow/wind here so could be that I guess?

Zacksnan Wed 30-Jan-19 00:59:30

Are they turning it off do you think? If so at least they are being woken (assuming they live off site) as well.

SneakyGremlins Wed 30-Jan-19 00:56:45

@TheRattleBag I didn't get there Wednesday and I slept fine Wednesday night (like an angel) and nothing the following few days so I HAD written it off as a one off hmm

SneakyGremlins Wed 30-Jan-19 00:55:17

I did! But same result as Minty really - "We'll try and get someone to check it out" so we'll see. It's turned off twice for a half an hour at a time which is juuuuuuust enough time for me to drop off - I have Netflix on quietly to try and drown it out.

THANKFULLY it's not as loud this time <tempts fate>

TheRattleBag Wed 30-Jan-19 00:35:26

Did you call in to the business last week after Wednesday morning's shenanigans?

Hiphopopotamus Tue 29-Jan-19 23:54:31

Oh no!

Butterymuffin Tue 29-Jan-19 23:51:09

Hope 101 helped! And that you're asleep now.

PIFilm Tue 29-Jan-19 23:48:02

Did you call?

Mintylizzy9 Tue 29-Jan-19 23:45:53

Noooo! My neighbour returned after her alarm rang for a straight 24 hours, I thought I would go insane! I called the police but they weren’t interested as I couldn’t say for sure if anyone had broken in. I found it helped to have the tv on in my bedroom on low so it masked the alarm a little so I could fall asleep. Good luck!

SneakyGremlins Tue 29-Jan-19 22:22:18

Giving it til 11 then I'm calling 101

SneakyGremlins Tue 29-Jan-19 22:21:50

Hey everyone, YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT

RiverTam Wed 23-Jan-19 11:16:38

I wonder if I should be impressed or depressed that my council does...

ChariotsofFish Wed 23-Jan-19 11:14:01

Most councils don’t have a 24 hour noise team anymore, thanks to austerity.

This happened to me once and I actually got up to go and find the noise. A drunk driver had attached a steering wheel lock over their car horn, not noticed and gone to bed. I was not the only one there tracing the noise. Eventually their neighbour managed to get them up to sort it out.

Oblomov19 Wed 23-Jan-19 11:07:23

I can't believe you are so blasé.

I'd have rung the council, now, even though it's not ringing now. I'd have rung the police, and logged it. And gone and spoken to someone at the building.

BooksAreMyOnlyFriends Wed 23-Jan-19 09:42:07

Have you seen 'Two Doors Down?

Invite the annoying neighbours in and make them endless cups of tea and bacon rolls grin

ReflectentMonatomism Wed 23-Jan-19 09:32:25

Top criminal tip. Set off the alarm on Monday. Set off the alarm to Tuesday. By Wednesday it’ll be turned off, or the police will be fed up, so you can break in with impunity.

Roomba Wed 23-Jan-19 09:30:09

There is a house at the end of my road that has several large sheds full of chickens, turkeys and other birds. Note, this is not a rural area! I assume it is all legal as it's been there years. Then again I'm not about to ask as the last neighbour to complain about birds escaping all over the road got a brick through his window.

In winter it's not so bad. But in summer when the fucking cockerel crows every two minutes from around 3am... It's a wonder I haven't murdered anyone yet! Thought I'd get used to it eventually. I was wrong. It's been much worse since someone else nearby got another cockerel (why??) so they crow at each other all day and night!

SneakyGremlins Wed 23-Jan-19 09:17:22

Mine too grin

I can't really nap because I know from experience I WILL sleep through any alarm and wake up at 11pm and be up all night.... Better to be exhausted today so I can sleep tonight!

Happierwithouthim Wed 23-Jan-19 09:15:01

Ooh get the ultra white that's my absolute favourite, I've one in my car outside work, will I send it by pm to you?

Can you nap today? That's way better than going to bed early imo smile

SneakyGremlins Wed 23-Jan-19 09:11:46

@Happierwithouthim half an hour from now I'll have had a lovely Monster energy drink and then we can joke about it. wink

I'm going to nip into said business if it's open today and complain politely.

JaneJeffer Wed 23-Jan-19 09:10:41

This thread makes me glad I live in the back of beyond! Hope you get a better nights' sleep tonight Sneaky

Happierwithouthim Wed 23-Jan-19 09:10:01

sneaky
This is preparing you for the children in your future gringrin

I'm guessing you're not ready to joke about it just yet. Would definitely be worth phoning the business today to express your irritation angryangry

SneakyGremlins Wed 23-Jan-19 09:07:58

I didn't know that was a thing! blush

I mean we could well have a repeat performance tonight so have got the number ready...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »