Talk

Advanced search

Most Ridiculous Injury you have ever had in your life?

(387 Posts)
DionneB Mon 21-Jan-19 23:19:01

as we have had serious injury , what are some ridiculous injuries you have had in your life before?

i would say slipping on some ice outside Bargin Booze and not being able to walk properly for 3 days afterwards , not fun times.

INeedToGetHealthy Tue 12-Feb-19 00:30:09

DH had a very unusual accident when we were in the kitchen at my DM's 50th birthday party. DM had put some bowls of food to cool down on top of the extractor hood and while myself, DH and a friend were chatting away (DH had his back to the hob/extractor hood) when he heard a noise. We looked at each other for a moment and then carried on talking. Seconds later the extractor hood not only fell from the wall but launched itself forward, hitting DH on the back of his head. Of course, we all (except DH) found it hilarious and still laugh about it 20+ years down the line. DH still claims that it caused a flat area on the back of his head.

DS2 is a legend within his old primary school, where DS3 still goes. As when he was in year 2 he was playing out on the grass area when he tripped over and hurt his knee. The staff didn't understand why he was screaming so much as there was no damage to his school trousers at all. He had tripped and fallen with his knee onto a drain inspection chamber which the contractors had left a screw sticking out about half an inch from the surface. When the first aider rolled up his trouser leg she saw the blood and then noticed the v shaped flap taken out of his knee and the bone was visible. I took him to minor injuries and they glued & steri-stripped it as he was too distressed to have it stitched. The school caretaker tried to remove the screw without any luck, so had to take an angle grinder to it in the end just to make it safe. Even teachers who are fairly new to the school and who had never met DS2 know about the incident.

Amibeingnaive Tue 05-Feb-19 23:11:13

So many.

Used to like running around naked as a toddler. Feel and got the handle of my spinning top RIGHT up my foof. There was bleeding. My mum was too scared to seek any help in case people thought I'd been abused. All seems in working order down there, at any rate.

Ripped my own navel piercing out climbing over a fence, while pissed. Didn't even notice until the next day.

Broke my metatarsal by stepping on my own foot, while pissed. Was wearing stilettos at the time. Foot was bruised the next day but didn't think much of it. 6 weeks later I went to the GP about the weird lump on my foot - it had broken and healed. Doesn't hurt so I decided against the re-break and plaster option.

Probably the best was one I inflicted though. My boyfriend at the time was... how shall we say?.. providing an excellent level of service below the waist. Unfortunately, I responded rather too enthusiastically to his efforts and he got his nose broken. He wore it like a badge of honour thereafter though, so I struggle to feel too guilty.

ChanandlerBongsNeighbour Tue 05-Feb-19 20:09:29

LOVE the cat face make up print! gringrin

Rainbowknickers Mon 04-Feb-19 21:51:41

I'd gone outside for some reason and I could hear the kids fighting so I rushed back inside,tripped over the mat and broke two toes-soon stopped em fighting-a year to the day later I was out of the front,heard em fighting again-tripped over the same mat and broke the same two toes...

oystersbutnopearls Mon 04-Feb-19 13:04:49

When I was about 18, I went to a Halloween party and ended up absolutely hammered. As I stood up off the sofa and stepped forwards, my friend stuck his legs out to stand up at the same time and I tripped over them. I faceplanted the wall because I was too drunk to put my hands out to save myself, slid down the wall and blacked out for a couple of minutes.
My face was so sore I couldn't take my makeup off for days because the slightest touch was agony. The headache I had the next day was unreal. Don't know how I didn't do permanent damage to myself tbh.

My cat face makeup was imprinted on the wall because I hit it so hard and my friends left it there in memory.

Lobsterquadrille2 Mon 04-Feb-19 00:46:06

I was flattened by a woman on a motorised scooter, she was unable to reverse and I managed, for the first time in my life, to stop traffic in both directions until the paramedics arrived .

I was fine.

MintyCedric Sun 03-Feb-19 22:50:33

I have an inch long scar of one arm where I vigorously threw the duvet over a pathologically sleepless toddler DD and caught it with my own jagged fingernail.

Also managed to badly sprain my knee walking to the pub, stone cold sober, in flat shoes...that was annoying.

drinkswineoutofamug Sun 03-Feb-19 22:38:40

For my l0th birthday I got a stationary ruler. Think most kids had them. The picture posted gives you an idea. But the one I had , the rubber and pencil sharpener were at opposite ends with the pencil and biro clipped in the middle. Any way. Tried to take our pencil. Stuck . Tried to push it back in. Went straight into my thumb. Still got the pencil lead in my thumb 32 yrs later.
Broke my ankle failing down steps
Black eye off the kids bumpbeds
Finger bitten by fighting rats
Tore my toe nail off pushing a hospital bed.
And my daughter nearly lost her leg practicing for Britain's got talent

Rainbowknickers Sun 03-Feb-19 21:06:02

I caught my fella in the googlies while laughing at something-half hour later I was showing my daughter how I didn't mean to do it the first time-and clipped them again!he still brings it up 4 years later

Lizadork Sat 02-Feb-19 20:53:13

Broke a tooth biting into a sandwich crust!!

ginandnappies Sat 02-Feb-19 19:53:39

I broke my wrist skiing. What I don't tell people is I was standing in a queue for a drink and I slipped whilst standing still.. on the first day. I didn't actually get to ski.

Greyhound22 Sat 02-Feb-19 19:25:17

My cruciate ligament snapped whilst I was in my pony's stable.

I lay underneath him shouting 'help' feebly as I realised my phone was elsewhere.

He was only a baby I was lucky not to be trampled. He was a shit Lassie though just carried on eating his hay off me.

I also really bruised my arm once - reached through the bars of DS's cot rather than going over and got my arm stuck. Baby DS was on the bed and I was panicking he was going to roll off. Told the dog to go for help he just lay down next to me. I need better trained pets.

Wouldntyouliketoknow90 Sat 02-Feb-19 19:16:56

Oh dear, here goes:

When I was about 7, me and my friend were going down the hill, sitting on a skateboard (her at the front, me at the back). She stood up without warning and the skateboard flipped up and hit me in the mouth. I had to have stitches under my lip.

When I was 8, I was having a water fight with a neighbour - everything was soaked. In an attempt to hide, I tried to run up the wet outdoor red brick steps to my Mum’s flat and slipped, thumping my shin on the sharp edge. Old lady across the road claimed she was a retired nurse, squeezed the wound and a piece of muscle burst out the cut. I had to go to A&E and they had to push it back in. sad

When I was about 13, I was swimming in the sea and dived under the water, not realising that it was only a couple of feet deep and took all the skin off my nose and between my eyebrows.

A couple of years ago, I was outside having a cigarette when I saw a swarm of maybugs flying towards me. I proceeded to run away, staggered and fell, hitting my face against the wheel of a car, breaking my thumb and my kneecap. Maybugs pelting me over and over whilst I screamed on the floor. I got inside but then had such a bad panic attack at the thought of going back outside with the bugs in order to get to hospital. DH bundled me under a blanket and got me in his car. Sitting in A&E waiting room and maybug crawls out from my cleavage.

Last week, I was making DS’s formula and stupidly didn’t let the kettle water cool. I shook the bottle and hadn’t screwed it together properly and it exploded, covering me in boiling, curdled formula milk. Ripped pyjamas off, sat under cold shower but very badly burnt neck, chest and breasts. Pharmacist put on burn plasters next day but removing them took the skin with it, making it ten times worse. Couldn’t drive with my seatbelt, had to sleep sitting up and missed three days of my health visitor training because I developed a wound infection. blush

PhilomenaButterfly Thu 31-Jan-19 22:22:27

Tripped over in the school playground when I was 5, put my arms out to save myself, my left elbow bent the wrong way and fractured.

goose1964 Thu 31-Jan-19 22:19:21

Bruised my coccyx sitting hard on the arm of the sofa when I thought I was sitting on the seat. Also dislocated a bone in my foot on a flight, god knows how. I only realised what had been causing the pain when I tripped over a trainer and the pain disappeared

Headbangdesk Thu 31-Jan-19 22:15:39

Poked my eye with a sharp pencil.

It's been a year and a half, optician says its fully healed now but weirdly it still aches from time to time and is very sensitive to light.

Blompitude Thu 31-Jan-19 21:07:57

Not looking where I was going, I ran into the glass pane of a bus stop and broke my front tooth.

Wickedbitchofthenorth Thu 31-Jan-19 05:39:24

Sniffed the steam coming out of one of the vents on the food steamer blush ended up with a big blister then scab on my nose for 2 weeks

SuperMam123 Wed 30-Jan-19 23:15:02

On a lovely walk through the forest, my oh slipped on a tree root, flung out his arms to try and steady himself and broke my nose in the process!

Craftycorvid Wed 30-Jan-19 23:08:06

Broke my ankle jogging....on one of those mini rebounder things (like a small trampoline). Good explaining that in A&E.

Irrational with hunger, I once decided it was a really good idea to use an extremely sharp knife to separate two frozen burgers....it was not. I still have a scar.

FrangipaniBlue Wed 30-Jan-19 22:56:18

Broke my big toe trying to wrestle with DH - I was trying to sweep his legs, missed and kicked him square on the shin

Slipped in the bath while shaving my legs = 2 black eyes and a boxers cut. 3 days later my job at the time required me to work at a police station. That was an interesting conversation......

Electrocuted myself putting fairy lights on my Christmas tree.

AlexaAmbidextra Wed 30-Jan-19 22:38:06

This very evening. Having a big clear out to make way for a couple of items of new furniture. My Dad’s ashes have just fallen out of the top of the wardrobe on to my head. They were bloody heavy and really hurt. Attacked by my own dear departed father. I really need to decide where to scatter them. 😂🤕

DionneB Mon 28-Jan-19 21:41:12

Managed to slip on ice this morning and hurt my bum bone.

HalfBloodPrincess Mon 28-Jan-19 17:55:02

Dd (15) has asked me to add hers.

Aged 8.5, 3 days before she was a bridesmaid for the first time, her and her little brother decided to have a race to the kitchen to get the last chocolate biscuit. She won the race, started to eat the biscuit, did an ‘in your face’ victory dance and twisted awkwardly, fracturing two toes on her left foot.

Hobbled down the aisle behind my sister in pink fluffy slippers and spent the remainder of the wedding with her foot propped up on cushions (her choice - she wouldn’t entertain the idea of missing a thing!)

Bumbumtaloo Mon 28-Jan-19 16:38:06

Thought of another memorable one...

I once got my foot caught in my trousers - shocking pink valour tracksuit bottoms, yes I know they sound awful, but they were so comfy - at the top of the stairs. Managed to fall down them - top to bottom - and knocking myself out by hitting my head on the stair gate whilst crushing the cats litter tray (we’d just got a new kitten and put it there for her). I woke up to dd2 screaming and dd1 putting a blanket over me and getting me my mobile. Luckily no serious injuries but I scared the shit out of myself, safe to say the trousers were binned!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »