Talk

Advanced search

Most Ridiculous Injury you have ever had in your life?

(387 Posts)
DionneB Mon 21-Jan-19 23:19:01

as we have had serious injury , what are some ridiculous injuries you have had in your life before?

i would say slipping on some ice outside Bargin Booze and not being able to walk properly for 3 days afterwards , not fun times.

Sunnysidegold Tue 22-Jan-19 00:25:22

Gave myself a fetching chemical burn on my chin. Had a bit of stubble rash having been snogging enthusiastically the night before (I was about 17). Chin was red, felt a bit rough. Best thing to put on It? Not clinique clarifying lotion!! It Stung like he'll and got even redder. Had to go to work and made up a crap tale of having overexfoliated. It ended up red raw and blistered. Not fun

CesiraAndEnrico Tue 22-Jan-19 00:33:18

I looked at my new epilady (whizzing Coil Of Doom one, circa 1988 ish) and thought... ohhh I wonder if I can do the bikini zone more radically now I have this cutting edge high tech to hand !

When delicate tissues get grabbed at and wound into a tight whizzing coil, delicate tissues come off worse. Especially if you are blinded by tears during the lengthy untangle process.

God that still runs like a HiDef video in my head even after all these years. The moment of utter horror. Followed by the agony.

It took a good while until the mangled section of my fluffy bits was happy with life again.

I still can't believe I thought it was a good idea to put that evil thing anywhere near anything more sensitive than a lower leg. Preferably somebody else's leg to boot. Cos it was brutal.

snoutandab0ut Tue 22-Jan-19 00:47:51

I fell off a moped and managed to run over my own foot with it

BettyBigBollocks Tue 22-Jan-19 01:36:08

Ignored the advice to “stay still once applied” on the packet of Veet Bikini Hair Removal Cream. Pottered about the house with it on. 5 minutes later, huge blisters and raw skin all over, in every nook and every cranny. Cried for hours whilst my OH attempted to be sympathetic. Couldn’t walk for days.

JustLetMeSleep1 Tue 22-Jan-19 01:36:43

I skidded in the bathroom and smashed my face on the toilet, 2 black eyed and a broken nose. My Dm rang my gran for advice (in the early 90s so no 111) and she told my mum to put a steak on it lol. Now I have the dodgy-ist nose ever.

When I was 13 I got my hand stuck in a lift door.

Eminybob Tue 22-Jan-19 02:18:52

Not me with the injury but I was involved.

About 20 years ago, my best friend and I worked together behind the bar of a pub. It was a quiet night and we were showing off to the regulars, having a play fight.
She pretended to kick me, I grabbed hold of her leg and pulled and she fell to the floor, grabbing at me and pulling all the buttons off my shirt as she went. She broke her arm and I ended up flashing my bra to the whole pub.

The worst bit was we told the landlord she tripped on a bit of dodgy flooring so we didn’t get into trouble and he could not have been more apologetic and promptly got it fixed.

LackOfAdhesiveDucks Tue 22-Jan-19 02:38:57

I tripped over a rock (a fairly small rock) when I was 8 and broke my arm badly in two places. Not a compound fracture but very nearly. Ridiculous because it was such a minor fall but much a serious injury.

A close second was flipping my wet hair up into a towel after a shower and pinching a nerve in my neck. I almost blacked out from the pain.

Ifangyow Tue 22-Jan-19 03:54:58

A few years ago I accidentally superglued my bare foot to the lino in the kitchen. I was stuck there for hours until I saw my neighbour going past. I had to let her in through the kitchen window which I was stuck in front of, as the doors were locked.
By the time she had cut the lino away from around my foot, I had wet myself.
Then I had to sit for ages with my foot soaking in a bowl of hot soapy water to get the lino off my foot.
Which left me with a very sore, wrinkly foot.

I broke a bone in my foot by doing nothing more than just getting out of bed and standing up. Still confused about that one.

WaterBird Tue 22-Jan-19 04:56:04

I fell over my open suitcase and banged my head on the nearby table. 6 stitches later and that table still has a mark.
(It was at university and there was a reason my parents gave me older furniture).

TheLittleDogLaughed Tue 22-Jan-19 05:00:03

Two nights before my wedding, DH to be and I had had a row and so I snuck outside our back door to smoke a cigarette I’d had for emergencies - I’d quit about six months before. It really made my head spin and as I turned to come back through the patio door I literally fell headfirst through the door, bashing my shoulder and landing on my little finger. I’d broken my collarbone and shattered the finger joint which needed surgery. Couldn’t get my wedding dress on because of the shoulder, was on really heavy pain relief so couldn’t drink at the wedding and the wedding night, which we’d paid for to stay together in a lovely romantic setting, was a washout as I was covered in bruises and couldn’t lie down. I have never smoked again.

bushtailadventures Tue 22-Jan-19 05:40:53

I stood on the closed lid of a toilet to close the bathroom window, foot went straight through the lid and down the loo, thankfully didn't break it but ended up with a nasty sprain and assorted cuts from the sharp edges of the lid...I was 13, should have known better!

When pregnant with my eldest dd, I poured boiling water down myself from a pan of pasta, still have no idea why or how I did it, maybe I misjudged the distance with the bump in the way?

Nanasueathome Tue 22-Jan-19 05:44:32

I ironed my hands
Had one if those iron presses and levelled the clothing flat underneath, then brought the press down on the back of both of my hands
It was very sore for weeks

CuppaTeaAndAJammieDodger Tue 22-Jan-19 05:45:26

I broke my wrist in hospital as a kid - not stupid on my part, but the idiots who put a shiny Lino floor in the toilet of the hydrotherapy pool probably needed a few more brain cells (injured leg + water + Lino floor = fractured wrist).

Was an inpatient for a busted knee and having an arm in plaster put me back in a wheelchair for a good couple of months after recently upgrading to crutches. My parents were not happy.

Rememberallball Tue 22-Jan-19 06:03:08

Got a couple.

Aged about 6, walking home from school balancing on a low brick wall and slipped off - legs either side of the wall. Grazes from knees upwards on both thighs. Never walked along a brick wall again.

Aged about 8, messing about with my flask and unscrewed the bottom of it from the outer casing (nope, I don’t know why either!) didn’t realise the glass inside would fall out and spill boiling drink all over my leg - cue burnt inner thigh and, because I was wearing the most fetching 1970’s skirt with a sort of candle wick pattern, it looked like zebra stripes but pink scalded skin and blisters in lines!!

Aged about 14, making hot chocolate for me and my brother. Lit a match to light gas cooker and, as I did so, a spark jumped into the slightly open box, ignited the whole box in my hand. Ended up in A&E, hand burnt and treatment involved it being slathered in a particular burn cream called Flammazine and tied in a plastic bag to stop it drying out. Waslike that for 4 weeks while it recovered. Now got a difference of over an inch in hand span compared with other hand!!

Most recently, about 4 1/2 years ago, caught myself near my eyebrow with the corner of the car door as I opened it to get in car. By the time I got to where I was going (less than 10 minutes later) had a lump the size of a duck egg over my eye, the start of a black eye and a pounding headache. Took a lot to convince family, friends, colleagues and clients that my then newish DP (now DH) hadn’t bashed me!! Took about a month to go back to normal but still aches at times!!

EnthusiasmIsDisturbed Tue 22-Jan-19 06:46:44

Biting into a freshly heated up pita bread

The very hit steam burnt my face and it blistered 😮 it was very painful and I kept being asked that had happened

had a little scar for about a year

EnthusiasmIsDisturbed Tue 22-Jan-19 06:47:18

Very hot steam ...

AngelOfDeathNix Tue 22-Jan-19 07:59:09

I managed to dislocate my little finger by putting my hand out to sit down, not entirely sure how I did that one!

Was knocked out by a basketball that my friend threw at my head!

BrieAndChilli Tue 22-Jan-19 08:09:24

I knelt on a small piece of Lego. I couldn’t bend my knees for weeks and it wasn’t 100% right for months afterwards, it still sometimes hurts if I squat and it was 2 years ago!

I also got bit by a tiny spider (like money spider size) in the uk. My hand and arm swelled up and I had a serious infection on my hand that took months to go.

Friendupset Tue 22-Jan-19 08:25:52

Got my knickers actually stuck to myself at age 17 or so , somehow a bit of skin (labia) had gotten caught in a lacy bit and then swelled up so much it wouldn’t ‘come back out’, pants were well and truly stuck . I had to get my poor mum to help, she had to cut them off with nail scissors . Had quite a bit of bleeding as she had to cut the bit of skin off as well . Still think I should probably have gone straight to casualty but we were on holiday in the middle of absolutely nowhere , quite a distance from any sort of medical place !!

Poor mum was more upset than I , she had a very large drink after !

CallMeSirShotsFired Tue 22-Jan-19 08:31:13

Bent my thumb back and really hurt it, was an issue for months if not years later.

On a bouncy castle at an adult's birthday party.

thenightsky Tue 22-Jan-19 08:56:12

EnthusiasmIsDisturbed I have a small scar on my top lip where I got 'steamed' when I bite into a freshly microwaved hot mince pie.

TheLittleDogLaughed Tue 22-Jan-19 09:01:55

Friendupset you win the thread. How awful and embarrassing too at age 17.

AwkwardPaws27 Tue 22-Jan-19 09:07:02

Black eye from an overexcited Labrador. I was giving her a belly rub when she heard the fridge door open and leapt up, straight into my face grin

Bluelonerose Tue 22-Jan-19 09:07:33

Oh loads.
Broke my little toe by stunning it on the radiator.
Chipped the bone in my wrist by hitting it on my watch
Took skin off my arse going down a virtical slide at a soft play.
Knocked iron off ironing bored onto my back.
The worst was when I was taking some washing outside to hang out. Tripped over the back door step, threw my clean washing all over the patio, hit my head of the outside steps and then scrapped every exposed body part on the patio.
I looked like ide been in a fight!
I'm just accident prone blush

DerelictWreck Tue 22-Jan-19 09:17:37

Put my finger on the end of a blender blade, and turned it on. In my defence I thought it would spin around under my finger, not chop it to bits...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »