Talk

Advanced search

What is as equally satisfying as crisps but not?

(124 Posts)
IHopeYouStepOnALegoPiece Thu 10-Jan-19 12:52:35

I’m currently on Weight Watchers and using the pointing system...I bloody love crisps but can’t quite justify the 6 or so points! (Minimum..:I love crisps!)
So what can I swap the crisps for? Or does anyone know of any magic crisps that are v low in points for a reasonable amount?!

Butterymuffin Thu 10-Jan-19 12:53:55

Salted popcorn is your best bet.

Cranky17 Thu 10-Jan-19 12:59:59

I live crisps,
Sorry there is no substitute. I’ve done w w and s w.
Crisps are why I’m fat

Cranky17 Thu 10-Jan-19 13:00:43

Lower points though for s w were skips

JuniperBeer Thu 10-Jan-19 13:02:21

Parmesan crisps? You can have them on low carb. Not sure about a calorie counting one

Doyoumind Thu 10-Jan-19 13:02:29

What about French Fries? They are better than normal crisps WW wise.

YouCantBeSadHoldingACupcake Thu 10-Jan-19 13:02:30

Salted popcorn, or a small amount of twiglets.

BillywilliamV Thu 10-Jan-19 13:02:42

pop chips are bearable, also French Fries..less than 100kcal

GobblersKnob Thu 10-Jan-19 13:03:42

Haha they always say celery, coz it's crunchy. Yeah right, just the same.

A big bag of kale roasted with garlic, chili and salt and pepper is fairly decent.

Otherwise I've got nothing. I currently have a very unhealthy obsession with BBQ Pringles. I've had to ban them from the house until I forget they exist.

Ezzie29 Thu 10-Jan-19 13:04:03

Things like frazzles, French fries, skips, quavers all tend to be lower than normal crisps

Soiree Thu 10-Jan-19 13:04:27

Courgette discs fried with salt and pepper.

Snack a jacks.

Nothing's as good as crisps!

Junebug123 Thu 10-Jan-19 13:04:29

Something like wasabi peas or graze boxes do savoury BBQ corn and cracker type things? Baked crisps? Crisps are my downfall too.

MyFamilyAndOtherAnimals1 Thu 10-Jan-19 13:04:31

Get some fruit - like an apple or a pear,
slice thinly
sprinkle with salt
place on baking parchment on a baking tray, and put your oven on a low heat for as long as you like. (anything between 20 mins to over an hour)
YUM!

Chimchar Thu 10-Jan-19 13:07:16

I always find marmite on toast quite satisfying when I want a savoury snack...it must be the salt.

No idea though if that would work out as less points

How about twiglets? Or sunbites?

Gotstuckwiththisname Thu 10-Jan-19 13:07:22

The lentil curls / quinoa crisps etc are quite nice. Not sure where they'd be on points though. Some things like Chipsticks are only about 80 calories, so might be low in points too? Or how about snackajacks?

IHopeYouStepOnALegoPiece Thu 10-Jan-19 13:07:22

I absolutely love Popcorn but it doesn’t have the satisfying crunch crisps do!

I don’t like crispy cheese so generally don’t like Parmesan crisps unfortunately!

Crisps and pastry are why I fail diets, it’s happened an absolutely ridiculous amount of times but I love them!

I think french fries could work! I will scour the supermarket shelves armed with my barcode scanner on the app!

Thanks all!

FrancesFryer Thu 10-Jan-19 13:12:48

I like salt and vinegar crisps so i thinly slice cucumber and sprinkle with salt and vinegar

FlagFish Thu 10-Jan-19 13:15:59

Snack a jacks rice cakes are 91 calories a bag (compared to 130 for a normal bag of crisps). Quavers are similar.

Crisps are my downfall too!

TyneTeas Thu 10-Jan-19 13:17:12

I would rather have proper crisps less often than substitutes as often

DuggeesWooOOooggle Thu 10-Jan-19 13:22:41

Pom bears are only about 80 cals a bag

Have you ever heard of nutritional yeast OP? It looks like dandruff flakes but is a savoury, yeasty, cheesy thing that you can sprinkle over pasta etc. Vegans use it to replicate the cheesy taste in sauces etc. I like a TSP or 2 sprinkled on very thinly buttered crackerbreads. Then sprinkle with sea salt crystals. Ticks all the crisp taste/texture boxes. Couldn't tell you how many calories are in it but can't be many in a TSP of it. I even eat it straight off the spoon.

Sparkletastic Thu 10-Jan-19 13:24:21

Have you tried Itsu seaweed thins? Very much an acquired taste but v crispy and only 22 calories per pack!

Simonsaysitschristmas Thu 10-Jan-19 13:24:57

Those new hula hoop pufts are only 75 cal a bag - the salt and vinegar ones are lovely!

iMum Thu 10-Jan-19 13:29:51

I second the kale roasted with salt and chilli

Ballbags Thu 10-Jan-19 13:29:54

Kale chips (homemade). They sound horrible but are actually delicious. The ones from M&S are vile though.

LaurieFairyCake Thu 10-Jan-19 13:31:46

Second the french fries - 87 calories a bag. Very strong tasting, nice and salty.

I'm not on SW but I eat at least a bag a day dipped in chilli jam (and lost 2 stone last year)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: