Talk

Advanced search

CF at the cinema left me speechless

(62 Posts)
florentina1 Tue 08-Jan-19 18:21:35

I went to the cinema today with DH today. As I went through the double doors, DH held the door open for a group of 4 women. As I waited for him with the box of popcorn, one of the woman helped herself to some. Then she had the cheek to,say “oh that’s nice”..

planespotting Tue 08-Jan-19 18:24:32

shockshockshockshock

IncomingCannonFire Tue 08-Jan-19 18:24:44

Wow. Very cheeky.
Did you sit behind them and kick their seat repeatedly? Or just thrown said popcorn at them?
Or most likely just been paralysed with surprise.

SneakyGremlins Tue 08-Jan-19 18:25:56

shock

Awwlookatmybabyspider Tue 08-Jan-19 18:26:49

grin. Are you actually serious.
What did you say or were you to stunned to say anything.

canibehereifimnotamum Tue 08-Jan-19 18:26:57

Omg who does that!?! Did you say anything,

Newsername Tue 08-Jan-19 18:30:06

Someone did that to me in McDonald’s once. He walked by and said “ooh they look nice” and took one of my fries. Some people are just CF’s. I was too shocked to say anything.

Morgan12 Tue 08-Jan-19 18:32:19

I actually think it's quite funny. I'd have just laughed.

notacooldad Tue 08-Jan-19 18:33:35

She probably thought she was being a little cheeky and thought everyone would be cool with it.
I would have laughed and said 'Fill your boots, why don't you'
It wouldn't have bothered me as a one off.

LightFire Tue 08-Jan-19 19:27:38

Maybe she thought you were a member of staff giving our samples? 😂

florentina1 Wed 09-Jan-19 09:48:48

I was too surprised to say anything, I really did not want her dirty hands on my food. I just could not imagine doing that to any one.

AdamNichol Wed 09-Jan-19 11:11:59

Revenge: say "Oh, I just sneezed on that"

SnuggyBuggy Wed 09-Jan-19 11:13:07

If this becomes commonplace I'm definitely investing in laxative powder

AdamNichol Wed 09-Jan-19 11:21:12

If this becomes commonplace I'm definitely investing in laxative powder

Wouldn't that be rather cutting of your nose to spite your face?

StealthPolarBear Wed 09-Jan-19 11:22:15

shock

FaFoutis Wed 09-Jan-19 11:29:04

My stepmother would do that. She thinks she's comes across as quirky and funny.
I thought this thread was going to be about crisps, having just sat through a film with a family of 4 eating crisps from a multipack (or several multipacks) in the row behind.

Yabbers Wed 09-Jan-19 11:51:20

Too surprised to say anything

I never understand this. Too afraid, too nervous, too shy, too intimidated maybe. But too surprised? I cannot imagine being too surprised at something like this.

SnuggyBuggy Wed 09-Jan-19 11:52:52

Depends how backed up I am grin?

Fairylea Wed 09-Jan-19 11:54:07

It is entitled as fuck but I’d probably laugh.

Bluestitch Wed 09-Jan-19 11:54:11

Did she not look properly and think you were one of her group?

GabsAlot Wed 09-Jan-19 11:54:23

what a cf did she realise you werent handing out free samples

popcorn cost enough without someone nicking it

Tighnabruaich Wed 09-Jan-19 11:56:34

When I was about 4 my mum took me to the pictures. At some point I lost interest in the film and knelt up on my seat to examine the people in the row behind. They were passing a box of sweets along the row and each taking one out and passing it back. My eyes must have been following the passage of this box of sweets (Newberry Fruits) closely, and the woman in the group gave me a sweet.
I turned back round to sit in my seat and my mother, who had been glued to the screen and oblivious to what was going on, turned and saw me taking a bite out of the sweet. She whispered 'where did you get that?' and apparently I airily waved at the row behind me, to the kind, sweet-dispensing strangers. Even now I blush a little at my CF-ery.

Purplecatshopaholic Wed 09-Jan-19 11:56:42

She had probably had a few drinks and thought it was funny (not excusing her!) - I couldn't have eaten it after that, think I would just have given her the box, goodness knows where her fingers had been....

katekat383 Wed 09-Jan-19 11:58:06

What a skanky woman. Ugh

dingledangles Wed 09-Jan-19 11:58:49

@Yabbers I'd definitely be too shocked to say something! It would take me a while to process what had happened!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: