Talk

Advanced search

Would you wear the same wedding guest dress to different weddings within the same family ?

(102 Posts)
LardLizard Sun 06-Jan-19 23:47:49

Or would you only wear it again at wedding if it was in say the other side of the family ?

Neolara Sun 06-Jan-19 23:49:38

I would definitely wear it again.

AlexanderHamilton Sun 06-Jan-19 23:50:18

I don’t have enough clothes to have different outfits for each separate occasion.

VenusClapTrap Sun 06-Jan-19 23:54:40

No, I’d wear something different.

GunpowderGelatine Mon 07-Jan-19 00:00:26

No I'd wear it again

DoggusSausageous Mon 07-Jan-19 00:05:54

I’d wear it again.
I don’t think anyone would notice, or think anything of it, and if they did I wouldn’t care!
It wouldn’t occur to me to think anything of it if so noticed that someone else wore the same outfit as before.
Maybe I would accessorise it differently.

DeRigueurMortis Mon 07-Jan-19 00:44:50

I'm lucky enough to have a few very nice pieces of occasion wear.

Whilst they are still in fashion I have no hesitation whatsoever in wearing them to events even when the same people are present. They are "investment" pieces, chosen precisely because they can be worn again.

I'll admit I find the idea of disposable fashion pretty abhorrent tbh (environmentally wasteful and encouraging poor working conditions).

That said, I generally can't remember who wore what to every function and I don't suppose I'm any more memorable than anyone else (the stand outs for me are always people who look like didn't bother).

Also, I think people underestimate the power of accessories. The same dress, but with different shoes, bag, hat, jewellery, hair styled differently, a shawl/shrug/jacket/silk scarf etc etc make a very different look (I'm not suggesting you necessarily change/wear all of the above btw!!).

If it's an outfit you like, of course wear it again grin

PennyMordauntsLadyBrain Mon 07-Jan-19 00:56:04

I’d wear it again but do my hair differently and choose different accessories.

I couldn’t remember what my MIL wore to our last family wedding, or what my SIL wore to DD’s christening for example- I don’t expect they’d be any different!

junebirthdaygirl Mon 07-Jan-19 06:11:06

I buy a new wedding outfit and wear it to a few weddings but only when the guests are different. So l have about 4 so rotate if its my family/ dhs family/ friends/ colleagues etc. So essientially l get quite a few wears but never with the same crowd. I then demote it to an outfit for lesser occasions.

knittedjest Mon 07-Jan-19 06:19:18

Yes. Nobody is paying that much attention to what you are wearing to care.

Tattybear16 Mon 07-Jan-19 06:19:50

No, sorry I wouldn’t. Some women in my family and DPs have long memories😂

Magmatic80 Mon 07-Jan-19 06:20:22

Yes. It’s not about me!

AJPTaylor Mon 07-Jan-19 06:30:12

I suppose it depends how close you are and how prominent you are in the pics.

ApolloandDaphne Mon 07-Jan-19 06:31:10

We had two family weddings this year. I wore a different dress to each but my DM wore the same one to both. Either option is fine.

PersonaNonGarter Mon 07-Jan-19 06:32:44

Wear again - different accessories so I looked different in the phots.

Weepingwillows12 Mon 07-Jan-19 06:33:49

I probably would but maybe not if they were close to each other like weeks apart. I have a few dresses and rotate them.

knittedjest Mon 07-Jan-19 06:36:03

If Kate Middleton can get away with rewearing outfits to weddings than so can you.

babbi Mon 07-Jan-19 06:37:32

I wore the exact same outfit , same shoes etc .. to 6 family weddings one year 😂
I’m not the bride - no one is looking at me and I don’t care if anyone noticed ( 6! Many probably did - so what ? )

Cannot understand the obsession with thinking people have seen this 🤷‍♀️

SnuggyBuggy Mon 07-Jan-19 06:41:27

I would, I don't give a shit grin

HelenaJustina Mon 07-Jan-19 06:52:44

I would and have unless likely to be prominent in the photos (for example I was the sibling of the bride or groom for both weddings).

I have also worn something for a Christening and then worn it for a family wedding.

DappledThings Mon 07-Jan-19 08:06:21

I once had 8 weddings in year. 6 had a huge overlap of friends and I wore 3 dresses between the 8. Why on earth would this be an issue? Have no idea if anyone else wore 5/6 different ones or just one.

The only reason it was 3 not 2 for me is that one of those 8 weddings was my own.

CherryPavlova Mon 07-Jan-19 08:15:43

Nobody is in the least interested in what guests wear. Of course you can wear the same dress.

GaraMedouar Mon 07-Jan-19 08:16:50

Yes, wear it again. Don't see why it's even an issue.

Amazonian27 Mon 07-Jan-19 08:24:36

Yes I definitely would. It is so wasteful, time consuming and meaningless to buy a new outfit each time.

I have some relatives who hav efar more cash than I do and they buy expensive clothes and wear them more than once.

If you different shoes, bag a hat that also go equally well with the outfit you could maybe mix and match but I wouldn’t go out wasting time and money looking for new accessories if I didn’t already have any either.

BikeRunSki Mon 07-Jan-19 08:26:00

I have done this, yes. One year we went to
8 weddings in about 5 months.

If anyone noticed, they didn’t comment.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: