Talk

Advanced search

Most underrated and overrated TV in your opinion

(203 Posts)
PawneeParksDept Tue 11-Dec-18 18:27:37

I'm talking about good TV not shows everyone realises are a bit cack

OVERRATED

This Is Us - everyone shits on about this like it's the most amazing new show in years

It's not as good as Brothers And Sisters was and not as good as Parenthood both similarly themed

UNDERRATED

I never hear anyone talk about Fargo ever and the second series was AMAZING I've just seen it

Parks And Rec

Never seemed to get any acclaim over here but so good and so funny.

Rayn Tue 11-Dec-18 18:58:48

I didn't really get Stranger things and yet everyone raved about it. I loved Pretty little liars and my friends laughed at me as they said it was for teenagers. I loved it smile

Rayn Tue 11-Dec-18 18:59:30

Will
Have to try Fargo as heard good things. I also didn't get walking dead. Tried to but couldn't get into it.

PawneeParksDept Tue 11-Dec-18 19:14:21

TWD is super overrated I've never watched a show so repetitive and so unrelentingly grey

MissionItsPossible Tue 11-Dec-18 19:37:02

I hated Stranger Things first episode and didn't watch it but gave it a second go and thought the first season was okay. It wasn't like Twin Peaks though, which someone sold it to me as. I didn't watch any further than the first season because the character Eleven got on my nerves too much.

Not that it's underrated as it got good reviews but The Comeback, starring and produced by (?) Lisa Kudrow. The first season came out in 2005 and became a cult hit that it returned for a second season in 2014. The final episodes of both seasons are outstanding. It's about a failed actress starring in a reality show for her comeback. The first season aired when there was no such thing as Keeping up with the Kardashians or the Real Housewives franchise but in the 2nd season, there's a scene where she takes part in the Real Housewives of Beverley Hills grin I don't know anyone that has seen it but I highly recommend.

rosenylund Tue 11-Dec-18 21:55:07

Second the Comeback, totally great. I hated Parks and Rec.

nowifi Tue 11-Dec-18 21:57:19

I loved Fargo! I thought Peaky Blinders was over rated, it's good but not brilliant and think the sets look fake!

iwanttobebetterwithmoney Tue 11-Dec-18 21:58:37

13 reasons why, it was supposed to be ooohhhh sooooo gripping but fell a bit flat with me! #overrated

KlutzyDraconequus Tue 11-Dec-18 21:59:35

Overrated

Anything thats a set up documentary with over made up young people.

Anything with "Celebrity.." in its name. Celeb big brother, celebrity come dine with me, I'm a celebrity... Please give.me money.

Underrated

Fargo I grew with. It's amazing and Ewan McGregor is amazing in it as is David Thewlis.

Hilda on Netflix I really can't praise this amazing show enough..

Anne With an E on Netflix

coolwalking Tue 11-Dec-18 22:00:28

Underrated

The Comeback (has one of the best endings I have ever seen)
Parks and Recreation (First 2 seasons aren't great)
30 Rock

A580Hojas Tue 11-Dec-18 22:01:02

Overrated

Strictly Come Dancing
X Factor
Britain's Got Talent
I'm A Celebrity

Underrated

Kath & Kim - should have been the new Father Ted

coolwalking Tue 11-Dec-18 22:01:59

The Comeback was ahead of its time. I cannot recommend it enough.

coolwalking Tue 11-Dec-18 22:02:51

God if people watched Kath and Kim today everyone would be offended

MadameButterface Tue 11-Dec-18 22:11:44

Overrated:

TOWIE

My dsis and her moronic then beau swore up and down it was compelling viewing but omg i could feel my iq plummeting to the ground

That thing where ‘celebrities’ eat insects

Anything where people bake stuff

Little Drummer Girl was meant to be shamazing but it was boring af, everyone in it was either a psycho or an annoying tosser, and i honestly did not give a shit what happened in the end. Nice clothes though.

Underrated

I feel like Brookside never got the love it truly deserved, it was balls to the wall INSANE most of the time

Spartacus - started out utterly ludicrous but went on to become fantastic, i proper ugly cried at the last episode even though it wasn’t exactly a huge shock ending because history

Alias Grace - i hardly know anyone who’s seen this but it is one of the most amazing tv dramas i’ve ever seen in my life. The woman who plays the main character is spellbinding.

MadameButterface Tue 11-Dec-18 22:13:55

“God if people watched Kath and Kim today everyone would be offended”

It’s on Netflix! I spent a v enjoyable week recovering from surgery rewatching them all the other month. And i’m a lefty vegan feminist snowflake so ner

bonfireheart Tue 11-Dec-18 22:27:27

Under rated
Schitt's Creek
New Girl

PawneeParksDept Tue 11-Dec-18 22:31:30

Puts Comeback on must see list

So glad people rate Fargo

I would agree that Parks and Rec picks up hugely in Season 3 when one character is written out, two new ones join and collectively they find their rhythm as a comedy team

Also thought 13 Reasons was utterly turgid every teenager in it and some of the adults are utterly foul absolutely no one to root for, lasted til episode 6 and wished I'd quit sooner

MadameButterface Tue 11-Dec-18 22:33:31

The premise of 13 reasons really puts me off

Sit down, relax, watch this show about a teenager committing suicide

Err no thanks

MamaLovesMango Tue 11-Dec-18 22:34:39

Overated dons hard hat
Game of Thrones. Just tediously gratuitous.

Underrated
Inside No 9. Absolute genius.

MrsDeanWinchester75 Tue 11-Dec-18 22:35:14

After tonight's awful show the most overrated is the Royal Variety performance and also Breaking Bad.

Underrated is Neighbours! I've watched it since the beginning and it's still great.

mrsmoppp Tue 11-Dec-18 22:35:32

The haunting of hill house, I was so disappointed. I expected it to be really scary from all the reviews.

TulipsInbloom1 Tue 11-Dec-18 22:36:27

Most Underrated:- Roger and Val have Just Got In.

Most overrated:- How I Met Your Mother

bagelbaby Tue 11-Dec-18 22:38:01

Utterly underrated :
Inside No 9

Watch all of it as each episode is different- but if you only want one then go for The 12 Days Of Christine

Love Kath & Kim
See also No Activity

SauvingnonBlanketyBlanc Tue 11-Dec-18 22:43:00

Overrated- Boardwalk Empire

Underrated- Ozark

iwanttobebetterwithmoney Tue 11-Dec-18 22:44:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: