Gin lovers - help needed please.

(13 Posts)
CwtchesAreTheBest Wed 21-Nov-18 16:23:45

I've enjoyed a gin and tonic since we'll before gin was fashionable. Always just a big standard g & t I've not really bothered with fancy but last week I was bought a rhubard gin mixed with ginger and a slice of orange. I loved it!!!!
I need suggestions of how to replicate the drink I was give, I don't know what brand the gin was or the ginger mixer.

OP’s posts: |
CwtchesAreTheBest Wed 21-Nov-18 16:25:01

Sorry for the typos, getting used to new phone.

WishUponAStar88 Wed 21-Nov-18 16:27:30

Whitley Neill Rhubarb and ginger gin with normal tonic is bloody lovely and much nicer than other rhubarb/ rhubarb & ginger gins I’ve tried.

CwtchesAreTheBest Wed 21-Nov-18 16:30:29

With normal tonic, that's interesting.

iklboo Wed 21-Nov-18 16:36:42

Definitely Whitley Neill rhubarb & ginger - gorgeous with a normal or naturally light tonic.

WhoGivesADamnForAFlakeyBandit Wed 21-Nov-18 16:53:47

www.edinburghgin.com/shop/gins/rhubarb-ginger-liqueur?p=shop/gins/rhubarb-ginger-liqueur Also available in Tesco.

Sipsmith do a Lemon drizzle which is very nice.

ClosedAuraOpenMind Wed 21-Nov-18 16:59:01

i've got the Edinburgh Gin rhubarb and ginger liqueur and find it goes well with ginger beer and prosecco (separately not all thee together)

Advertisement

Thebluedog Wed 21-Nov-18 17:02:05

I love R&G gin, but the only one I like is the Edinburgh Gin one. I have it with tonic (fever tree if I’m feeling flush) and it’s lovely

CwtchesAreTheBest Wed 21-Nov-18 17:07:42

Oh lots of ideas!

glenthebattleostrich Wed 21-Nov-18 17:25:13

Lidl rhubarb and ginger gin is also delicious. Over ice with ginger ale and a slice of orange.

Love whitleys.

Edinburgh raspberry with elderflower tonic is also delicious.

WhoGivesADamnForAFlakeyBandit Wed 21-Nov-18 17:42:12

Today's other gin thread: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/Christmas/3429959-Which-gin

PosiePerkinandPootle Wed 21-Nov-18 18:43:38

Edinburgh rhubarb gin with ginger ale is lovely. Or you could make a rhubarb & custard. Equal parts rhubarb gin, advocaat & apple juice. I don't have a shaker, just give it a mix in a jug and pour over ice, you can swirl a dash of angostura bitters around the glass first if you have it.

Upsy1981 Wed 21-Nov-18 19:15:55

Whitley Neil Rhubarb and ginger gin with Fentimans ginger beer (or is it ale, can never remember!) That is the best ginger beer/ale imo.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in