Talk

Advanced search

Threads started in this will no longer be removed after 90 days. A new topic called 90 Days Only can be found in the Other Stuff category of Talk.

Preparing for our annual argument

(127 Posts)
LunaLovesgood Sat 17-Nov-18 10:12:55

We're going to IKEA today grin

Naturally I'm very very excited and DH is so enthusiastic it currently sounds like he's trying to drown himself in the shower.

However, all I need are a couple of small things. What have you picked up recently that I really really need in my life?

yogima Sat 17-Nov-18 10:21:33

I always think they should sell the will to live half way round because I've generally lost mine at that stage.
Good luck

Allice Sat 17-Nov-18 10:22:21

Most boring thing but I love their sandwich/freezer bags and obviously mini daim which are essential and very possibly worth the argument.

JohnLapsleyParlabane Sat 17-Nov-18 10:24:19

You're going to IKEA. On a Saturday. In the daytime? No wonder you're expecting an argument
may have missed the point somewhat

Hadenoughofallthis Sat 17-Nov-18 10:25:07

Tea lights.
I reckon that nobody has ever gone through the checkout in Ikea without at least one pack in their trolley.

Santaispolishinghissleigh Sat 17-Nov-18 10:25:30

Is he a short dh? Stick him in the soft play and collect later!!

sackrifice Sat 17-Nov-18 10:25:49

Are you both out of your tiny minds?

FekkoThePenguin Sat 17-Nov-18 10:26:17

Don't they have a man creche like they do in Primark and Gambado?

Vvmevvme Sat 17-Nov-18 10:26:59

www.divorce.co.uk

Save a bit of money and just go direct.

bringbackthestripes Sat 17-Nov-18 10:27:58

www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/laundry-cleaning/drying-racks/pressa-hanging-dryer-16-clothes-pegs-assorted-colours-art-80189663/

I love my octopus and wish I had 2. Brilliant for clipping all the socks on then hanging on the line. I just can’t justify a trip all the way to ikea to pick up another one.

LunaLovesgood Sat 17-Nov-18 10:28:04

@Santaispolishinghissleigh unfortunately he's 6 foot 4 and has a beard to rival yours grin

MaverickSnoopy Sat 17-Nov-18 10:28:42

Tell him that drowning himself in the shower pre ikea trip doesn't work. My husband can verify. A bribe of hotdogs and meatballs usually helps. Just leave him in the cafe.

I always get scissors (packs of 3 and very cheap and good quality), as well as lots of stuff from the kids section.

ThanosSavedMe Sat 17-Nov-18 10:29:24

No one in their right mind goes to ikea on a saturday. What on earth were you thinking about?!

LunaLovesgood Sat 17-Nov-18 10:29:24

We normally go on an evening if we have to go together but I'm having a bit of a shit time at the moment with some health worries so he's basically doing whatever I want wink

allhdghd Sat 17-Nov-18 10:29:47

One of my DC one showed me a you tube video of a guy spending 24 hours in Ikea. He actually just hid in a wardrobe overnight so about 12 hours really, however, what I took from that is upon arrival one should park their husband in a wardrobe. Collect once shop is complete.

MaverickSnoopy Sat 17-Nov-18 10:30:18

Oh and measure the car before making any large purchases.

SheHasNotions Sat 17-Nov-18 10:30:58

Park up, eat all the meatballs, leave.

It’s the only way you’ll get out of the place without spending £200 on poundshop tat and threatening your DH with divorce.

DoingMyBest2010 Sat 17-Nov-18 10:34:07

huge bag of Daim bars.

GeorgeTheHippo Sat 17-Nov-18 10:34:07

If the scissors are good quality why do you keep buying them? I haven't bought any for years.

Meet0nTheIedge Sat 17-Nov-18 10:34:13

No, avoid the meatballs, they're revolting.

Crunchymum Sat 17-Nov-18 10:42:49

I go with MIL now. We have a grand old time. Was gone 6 hours for out last trip shock (it's about an hours drive each way though)

My top buys were
* a lovely set of bed linen for £15
* "posh" paper lanterns for the hallways
* pillow protectors (the ones that are about £3 each. Very good!)
* Mini Daim bars grin

Had to get a few bigger bits as well (love the Hemnes tallboy drawers. They fit in our nooks and crannys - we have 4 dotted about the house!!)

YetAnotherSpartacus Sat 17-Nov-18 10:50:35

unfortunately he's 6 foot 4 and has a beard to rival yours

Transage. It's a thing.

dottyaboutstripes Sat 17-Nov-18 10:51:32

I can walk to my Ikea so I go all the time! I really want the tartan tablecloth but it's been out of stock here for ages so get one for me please grin
I got some gingerbread dumle(toffee) yesterday. Sounds a bit grim but they had testers and they were lush!

ForalltheSaints Sat 17-Nov-18 10:52:25

You could choose not to go and start a new tradition.

Funko Sat 17-Nov-18 10:52:48

I'm in ikea! Just opened mumsnet whilst I'm eating my bargain breakfast! I'm alone so can only argue with myself smile

Good luck and god speed!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: