Talk

Advanced search

Threads started in this will no longer be removed after 90 days. A new topic called 90 Days Only can be found in the Other Stuff category of Talk.

Little things you treat yourself too..

(136 Posts)
PeridotCricket Sun 21-Oct-18 08:38:49

...sitting in bed drinking a very nice cup of tea made with twinings tea bags. Treating myself to a better class of tea.

PeridotCricket Sun 21-Oct-18 08:39:12

To....not too...oh ffs.

Idontbelieveinthemoon Sun 21-Oct-18 08:46:38

I buy a gin box every month; last night I had a Silent Pool and a Slingsby Rhubarb. Both lovely and just enough to feel like a treat without encouraging me to get entirely spannered (I have little self control when it comes to gin).

Didiusfalco Sun 21-Oct-18 08:51:39

Nice shower gel with a smell I love, Taylor’s of Harrogate coffee (try to stock up when on offer). Feel quite decadent doing this as a few years ago it would have been out of budget.

Birdsgottafly Sun 21-Oct-18 08:58:33

I'm drinking less, but paying more for Red Wine.

I've been taste testing for Christmas, mince pies/shortbread etc and have planned my treat food. I'm working Christmas night so won't be drinking.

Not small, but me and my youngest (21) make the effort to go out to eat, or the pictures, once a month.

I often plan things to do on my own, that way I really enjoy them. Days out, Garden Shows and Christmas Markets.

Meet0nTheIedge Sun 21-Oct-18 09:18:48

Big bags of ice cubes from the supermarket instead of making my own.

ScarlettDarling Sun 21-Oct-18 09:52:03

Lovely idea for a thread.

My favourite treats are usually food related... bought myself a bag of salted caramel chocolate nibbles from Sainsbury's yesterday which I'm hoping to stretch out to last the whole week <doubtful they'll last beyond today though.>

I also love a sneaky half hour in a coffee shop when I'm out shopping. A latte, cake and my kindle really recharges my batteries.

RagingWhoreBag Sun 21-Oct-18 09:58:30

Fresh orange juice.

When I was married my ex used to moan about the cost of anything I bought, checking the receipts and demanding I return things that were too much. One of the things he objected to was freshly squeezed juice, saying it tasted the same as value OJ to him.

When I met my new DP, having mentioned this, he took me to Tesco one night and got me to buy whichever juice I wanted as a little treat.

Now I regularly put it on my list. I don’t drink wine etc so as indulgences go, I’m pretty low maintenance!

My local Tesco has just installed a fresh orange squeezer so you can buy a bottle straight from the fruit, which is LUSH! And it’s about £3.50 a bottle. shock. In your face XH!

Aaaahfuck Mon 22-Oct-18 18:28:22

Good quality olives

comeagainforbigfudge Mon 22-Oct-18 18:39:15

Whats this gin box you speak of? Is it like a beauty box, but with gin? If so how do i sign up?

My treat is dominos pizza blush once every couple of months but now christmas goodies coming in to store, stollen bites. Yum! Resisted them today though

BigusBumus Mon 22-Oct-18 18:42:14

I'm not a massive chocolate fan, so my equivalent is buying those pots of Mozzarella Pearls from the cheese aisle and eating them like Revels or something on the way home from shopping.

Bimgy85 Mon 22-Oct-18 18:43:46

A nice craft beer and packet of crisps in a naice bar while waiting for the bus.

Bimgy85 Mon 22-Oct-18 18:49:57

@Idontbelieveinthemoon that sounds great! Is it a box with lots of mini different gins and treats or is it a box with one large gin and other things ?? Sounds like a lovely gift to myself present for a family member!

Mitsouko67 Mon 22-Oct-18 18:53:53

Coffee and a bun most days and magazines every so often. I don't drink much or smoke. Liking the craft beer idea though. .Mine would be a half Guinness and a tayto.

AliceRR Mon 22-Oct-18 18:58:39

I like the occasional treat from hotel chocolat

donkeysandzebras Mon 22-Oct-18 19:08:28

Trimmed sprouts. I love sprouts but hate peeling them as it seems quite a lot of faff per sprout. They cost 3x as much but I love being able to just bung the bag in the microwave when I get home from work and eat them.

BloodyDraculcasonthis Mon 22-Oct-18 19:25:29

Cheap cheesecake from Tesco..

65p Ms Molly Strawberry Cheesecake.
So nice, so cheap..

Cakemonger Mon 22-Oct-18 19:44:50

Clinique mascara, food shopping at Waitrose or M&S instead of Aldi, cashmere, fancy bath or shower products, lighting a posh candle

Leighhalfpennysthigh Mon 22-Oct-18 21:58:14

The cohorts beauty box subscription - had a Sunday Riley serum this month which is lush. Also Diptyque candles. Good wine and gin and occasional treats from Hotel Chocolat.

I like treating myself it seems.

fleshmarketclose Mon 22-Oct-18 22:01:53

Flowers I buy a bunch every week, they make me happy.

GoodbyeSummer Mon 22-Oct-18 22:25:27

A box of Teapigs teabags every now and again.

A hot chocolate and either a chocolate muffin or a triple chocolate cookie from Costa.

Being so skint I can't really justify doing the above very often at all but I do treat myself to the flowers, fruits and nuts that I pick out of my garden and use to either take photos of or eat/cook with.

Fstar Mon 22-Oct-18 22:29:24

Nice shower gel, skincare and haircare. Also Molton Brown candles every few months

woodlands01 Mon 22-Oct-18 22:29:29

I'm going to buy some flowers tomorrow.
fleshmarketclose thank you

AprilShowers16 Mon 22-Oct-18 22:29:55

A bunch of flowers with my weekly shop
Always buy on the vine tomatoes
Drive and park in town rather than taking the park and ride for the sake of saving £3

Prokupatuscrakedatus Mon 22-Oct-18 22:31:18

@Idontbelieveinthemoon
What about this gin box, please?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: