Talk

Advanced search

Threads started in this will no longer be removed after 90 days. A new topic called 90 Days Only can be found in the Other Stuff category of Talk.

OMG surely this is a joke?

(131 Posts)
TwigTheWonderKid Wed 17-Oct-18 17:32:51

Ladies & Gents?!

Or does everyone send their 8 year olds to this kind of class and I have been a negligent parent?

Penninepain Wed 17-Oct-18 17:35:00

Come up with 'page not found'?

Danceintherain2018 Wed 17-Oct-18 17:46:04

www.thesunningdaleacademy.com/our-courses

DolceFarNiente Wed 17-Oct-18 17:47:16

www.thesunningdaleacademy.com/little-ladies-1

Is this it? I actually think it looks quite good! blush They have fun and learn to be pleasant, polite members of society!

MintRolls Wed 17-Oct-18 17:48:54

The poor lad's eating off an empty plate! Must be well expensive lessons if you can't stretch to a few chicken nuggets and chips for the poot wee sods.

Cakecrumbsinmybra Wed 17-Oct-18 17:48:56

That’s brilliant! 😂 I have to say, my elder DS could really benefit from it.

Disclaimer: we would never send him there but his table manners leave a lot to be desired and we are working on it.

wonderandwander Wed 17-Oct-18 17:50:36

They offer exactly The same course for boys

www.thesunningdaleacademy.com/little-gents-1

They’ve just decided to do them single sex rather than together
I think it’s nice and my two would love (girl and boy)

BiggerBoat1 Wed 17-Oct-18 17:50:44

Jesus! My 12 yr old DD would lamp me if I suggested she could learn how to be a "little lady".

GummyGoddess Wed 17-Oct-18 17:54:10

As someone with autism I would quite like to have done this myself! Social skills would have been very helpful.

If we're correct and dc1 turns out to be autistic he may do a course grin

GoneWishing Wed 17-Oct-18 18:11:50

I could definitely do with that now in my 30s...

Nothisispatrick Wed 17-Oct-18 18:20:06

I wonder why it’s the sunningdale academy when it’s based in Cobham. No such place in sunningdale.

Nandocushion Wed 17-Oct-18 18:28:01

Here in US these classes are called Cotillion. A certain type of American really loves this stuff. I feel it's a bit like teaching your child how to behave when they're at the country club - it feels very suburban and outdated to me, but it's probably harmless. A friend of mine swears it civilised her 14yo son.

needsahouseboy Wed 17-Oct-18 18:29:53

Oh I think it looks good. I’d love to send my feral 8 year old there, bloody doesn’t listen to me in regards to manners no matter how often I tell him.

IStandWithPosie Wed 17-Oct-18 18:30:30

I think plenty of adults (Or rather, the adults that have to eat beside them) would benefit from going to these classes.

Urbanbeetler Wed 17-Oct-18 18:34:40

The tough old state secondary in which I teach (where I love working) focuses quite a bit on manners, particularly how to shake hands and make eye contact. It’s been a good investment of our effort and time to be honest.

Urbanbeetler Wed 17-Oct-18 18:35:13

We don’t advise them on wardrobes or how to greet a duchess though.

BillywilliamV Wed 17-Oct-18 18:37:46

Given a lot of young people cant even ake eye contact, let alone conversation I think these courses are a stonking idea,

Partyfops Wed 17-Oct-18 18:38:29

I would definitely send DD if there was one near me!!

Urbanbeetler Wed 17-Oct-18 18:39:40

Take out the snobby edge and make it a bit more universal and it would be a fabulous day course for any kid.

BillywilliamV Wed 17-Oct-18 18:39:42

But in Sunningdale, probably aimed at children of russian oligarchs who have to learn that not everyone can be pushed around like the Nanny.

continuallychargingmyphone Wed 17-Oct-18 18:41:15

That little girl is adorable smile

megletthesecond Wed 17-Oct-18 18:46:00

I would pay for my savages to attend that course.

I was googling Debretts courses last week blush.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Wed 17-Oct-18 18:46:13

I'd never knock manners and etiquette. However I don't believe in kids being turned into perfect little robots. Its just not real life Kids act up piss about, now and again. Its just a part of developing learning and growing up. I've never been blinked about mine

WTFIsAGleepglorp Wed 17-Oct-18 18:53:26

www.thesunningdaleacademy.com/rising-little-ladies-and-gents-1

MickHucknallspinkpancakes Wed 17-Oct-18 18:58:18

If they added the etiquette of learning to remove skid marks from the toilet bowl and how to flush I'd be shipping DS over for it in a nanosecond.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: