Talk

Advanced search

Threads started in this topic after 9th November 2018 will no longer be removed after 90 days. A new topic called 90 Days Only can be found in the Other Stuff category of Talk.

How many WhatsApp groups are you in?

(94 Posts)
GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Tue 09-Oct-18 20:43:00

I just counted up because it seems to be one of those evenings where quite a few of them are active, it doesn’t happen very often.

26 shock

I can’t believe it’s that many but most are just practical and useful ones, such as a group of parents who lift share the kids to activities or other local childminders we can all pass enquiries on to.

How many groups are you in? Do you often mute or wish they’d go away? I don’t mind mine as no one really chats rubbish, it’s all necessary info.

Crunchymum Tue 09-Oct-18 20:46:28

I am a member of 10 groups. Most are inactive now (past events)

My most active group has 3 members, including me blush

cannotmakemymindup Tue 09-Oct-18 20:48:27

To many!!
All useful mind and some I've started.
Family groups, mum groups, friend sports, lunch plans, dinner plans, weddings, baby showers.......

ballseditupforever Tue 09-Oct-18 20:51:06

I'm in loads but some of them sort of die away as the weekend away has passed or the party has happened.

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Tue 09-Oct-18 21:16:27

Ooh now see I have to leave and delete any groups that are no longer active. I can’t have them there...looking at me.

Doje Tue 09-Oct-18 21:26:28

35! blush

Half of those not used since January.....

DamsonGin Tue 09-Oct-18 21:37:10

Just the one.

neddle Tue 09-Oct-18 21:39:56

2 and I hate them.
One for ds1’s football team and one for ds2’s rugby team.
They’re full of irrelevant chatter that I don’t need to see.
Jake’s ill so won’t be at training.
Millions of thumbs ups and smiley faces.

Is it actually possible to mute everyone except the coach as that’s the only person I actually need to hear from.
It’s stupid having to scroll through 100s of messages just to find his.

DramaAlpaca Tue 09-Oct-18 21:40:23

Just two. One is for DH, the DC & me. The other is for extended family. Both are very active.

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Tue 09-Oct-18 21:40:43

I don’t think you can sadly, I think it’s mute the whole group or not at all.

Hassled Tue 09-Oct-18 21:42:40

2, one of which I've muted because I just couldn't cope with the incessant notifications and inanity of it all, even though they are all thoroughly nice people. I dip in and out once in a while but it is a bit relentless.

frenchfancy Tue 09-Oct-18 21:43:03

None. It is what my teens use to communicate. If anyone wants to talk to me they text.

OvO Tue 09-Oct-18 21:43:35

None.

I’m actually not sure what WhatsApp is or how to use it.blush

I’m not so daft that I’ve not heard of it, but I’m just clueless about all the rest of it!

CottagePied Tue 09-Oct-18 21:45:04

24 including messenger group chats too. I’ve had to mute both work chat and mum chat tonight they go wild after bake off 🙄
Had to leave the neighbours chat after they all started falling out over parking 😳

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Tue 09-Oct-18 21:47:08

WhatsApp is an app used to message people in the same way as texting but it’s much more user friendly. And free.

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Tue 09-Oct-18 21:48:14

1 on WhatsApp, it just has my cousin's on, it was hastily started last year when our Gran died to sort the travel arrangements for the funeral & some other bits as their parents (my A & U) were on holiday until 2 days before. We now use it to have a laugh with each other.

1 on facebook for the parent's in dc3(5) class. It's muted.

BitchQueen90 Tue 09-Oct-18 21:48:46

A family one, one with my close friends and one for an extracurricular activity that DS does.

Everyone else I just talk to individually

ComtesseDeSpair Tue 09-Oct-18 21:50:34

Those which are active to some extent - 33. But only about 10 of those are active on a daily basis - a few groups of close friends, my immediate work team, family chat, a couple of hobby chats etc. The rest are looser groups of friends, party buddies etc and are more dormant; some I hear from every few days and some not for weeks at a time.

TillyVonMilly Tue 09-Oct-18 21:51:39

None. I’m available to speak to in person, on the phone or text if needs be.

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Tue 09-Oct-18 21:52:26

Phone or text isn’t always convenient though. It’s nice to have another option.

ComtesseDeSpair Tue 09-Oct-18 21:52:42

I keep them all on mute - even though I like the people in them, if something gets going i’d end up driven mad by the constant pings.

HolgerLowCarbingLoser Tue 09-Oct-18 21:52:48

None.

OvO Tue 09-Oct-18 21:55:13

I use messenger for group/family chat. Is it much the same as that?

I’m feel very old and uncool right now!

AlexanderHamilton Tue 09-Oct-18 21:56:29

None.

I use WhatsApp as an alternative to texting as my phone contract doesn’t allow pictures. Hence I have conversations with dh, Ds, Dd & my dad only.

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Tue 09-Oct-18 21:56:35

Hmm I’d say it’s better than messenger. Give it a try?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: