Talk

Advanced search

I got so sick of my phone ringing, I switched it off and mailed it to myself

(86 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Itsinthebox Mon 24-Sep-18 23:10:38

How long do you think it will take to arrive? Genuinely had had enough today. I was sat waiting on the school run parked outside the post office and it was ringing and singing and beeping and it struck me I could just buy an envelope and post it to myself and have a lovely few days where I wouldn’t be lying if I said id lost it. So I did it. Weirdly not regretting it yet.

Itsinthebox Mon 24-Sep-18 23:12:17

Although if the school rings tomorrow that could be a problem. So I’ve told the kids to tell the school to ring their dad instead. And for some reason paragraphs won’t format on my iPad so I apologise for that

Troels Mon 24-Sep-18 23:12:41

LOL That is so funny. It'll arrive with a dead battery and when charged will have a million unanswered calls and texts.

redshoeblueshoe Mon 24-Sep-18 23:15:25

It's not your iPad that's the problem it's MN. Loving posting the phone. grin

anappleadaykeeps Mon 24-Sep-18 23:16:20

I love this!

Itsinthebox Mon 24-Sep-18 23:22:07

Troels, probably, but right now it feels amazing. No phone calls about forgotten PE kit, emails about flu vaccinations, can we change dinner plans, do you know where my swimming cap is. No I don’t.....BECAUSE IVE LOST MY PHONE

shazkiwi Mon 24-Sep-18 23:29:59

Genius idea. Do you have a friend in NZ or Australia? Next time you get fed up send your phone to them. By the time you get it back a couple of blissful weeks will have passed.

Playdonut Mon 24-Sep-18 23:35:26

Ridiculous! Why not just put it on silent or turn it off??

shouldwestayorshouldwego Mon 24-Sep-18 23:37:01

DH moaned about how many emails he was getting from a new school. He seems to have accidentally signed himself up for parentmail and admitted that he doesn't get the emails from the other two schools. 'You tell me anything important'. Yes the evil thought has crossed my mind! Enjoy the peace!

Singingitoverandoverandover Mon 24-Sep-18 23:38:11

playdonut because where is the fun in that for her phone? Imagine all the tales it will have to tell when it comes back

MyOtherProfile Mon 24-Sep-18 23:38:20

Why not just put it on silent or turn it off? This!

RedLife Mon 24-Sep-18 23:38:58

Ridiculous! Why not just put it on silent or turn it off??

😝😝😝😝😝

HirplesWithHaggis Mon 24-Sep-18 23:47:50

You're not supposed to post batteries. It may be blown up by the bomb squad.

Itsinthebox Mon 24-Sep-18 23:50:35

Silent or turned off? That would last about an hour. I’ve just given myself at least 24hrs phone free. The phone would still be there even if it was off!

Itsinthebox Mon 24-Sep-18 23:51:18

Hirples, that would be bloody fantastic

AnnieAnoniMoose Mon 24-Sep-18 23:52:28

Turning it off is a little pedestrian no? Sending it on a little trip is more liberating I imagine... I love the weekends and school holidays when don’t have to be so attentive to it in case it’s the school ringing. Enjoy your freedom!

elfycat Mon 24-Sep-18 23:52:40

I hate the instant contactability of phones. The phone is there for pokemon go MY convenience, not anyone else's. Remember the good old days when you could go on holiday for a fortnight and no one could contact you and when you got back no one whinged that they couldn;t get hold of you. Mine's on silent. I answer texts in my own time or never I delete and block any contact who whinges about it, even once.

LydiaLunch7 Mon 24-Sep-18 23:52:42

You obviously need to work on your willpower, OP! NEW PARAGRAPH I would not trust the royal mail not to break my phone tbh. No way.

scunner Mon 24-Sep-18 23:53:24

Don’t you have a landline which can be used to contact you in an emergency?

LydiaLunch7 Mon 24-Sep-18 23:54:01

This is making me feel a bit unimportant tbh because I don't remember the last time somebody who wasn't my OH called me.

Ilovetea33 Mon 24-Sep-18 23:54:13

Have you considered that it might disappear in transit?

LydiaLunch7 Mon 24-Sep-18 23:54:26

A landline?? What is this, 1991?

Accrual Mon 24-Sep-18 23:54:29

I would've thought that a phone through the postal system in an envelope, even a padded one, would be very unlikely to be delivered in one piece.

BitOutOfPractice Mon 24-Sep-18 23:57:25

Oh lord i read the title that you’d nailed it you yourself which I thought a little extreme. Mailing it seems much more reasonable

Itsinthebox Tue 25-Sep-18 00:05:58

Padded envelope and wrapped in random costa napkins littered around the car. PARAGRAPH. I had to guess the postage because post office man would clearly think I was nuts if I gave it to him to weigh and post. So I bought three first class stamps. Hoping it doesn’t come tomorrow but the next day. I don’t have a landline no. Well I have one but there is no phone in it

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: