Talk

Advanced search

Who is the nicest, most genuine celeb you've met?

(15 Posts)
Saggingninja Tue 18-Sep-18 11:58:25

I'll start:

Matthew Kelly - very tall, laughs a lot. Really nice man - and polite to waiters which is always a test.

Keanu Reeves - never met him alas but he seems to live a quiet life and doesn't take himself too seriously.

Jo Brand - down to earth, warm hearted, gives credit to other people in comedy which is RARE.

DarlingNikita Wed 19-Sep-18 17:13:03

Not met per se, but I had a work-related phone call with Kate Adie years ago. She was at home and playing 70s disco quite loudly. Respect grin

howardmoonseyebrow Fri 04-Jan-19 20:48:25

Has anyone met Sarah Beeney? Watched her restoration nightmare series over Christmas. Both Sarah & her husband came across as really nice people smile

Cryalot2 Mon 06-May-19 21:45:44

The late sir Ken Dodd . He was so humble and a lovely kind man .

coffeeeandtv Mon 06-May-19 21:53:41

I also met Sir Ken Dodd when I worked at Alder Hey children's hospital as he was a regular visitor and a total star, hilarious and generous with the children, in fact we had many visitors whilst I worked there who were lovely including the Duchess of Kent.
My claim to fame is that I've made 3 comics laugh, not that embarrassing sort of let's throw them a life belt kind of smirk but a proper laugh, Caroline Aherne, Nish Kumar and Susan Calman who were all really lovely.

Moongirl10 Mon 06-May-19 21:56:12

Simon Cowell - he was so lovely and couldn’t believe I was excited to meet him. He spent some time chatting and took a photo with my friend and I smile

Paddy1234 Mon 06-May-19 22:13:25

Zoe Ball
She was totally humble and children were very well mannered

Alltheprettyseahorses Mon 06-May-19 22:30:34

Calum Best
Chris and Pui
Kim of Kim and Aggie
Leanne Campbell (a Liverpool radio sleb but worth mentioning because she was so nice)
These are all forever on my Good List because every one of them has been really lovely to my little DD.

Racerback Mon 06-May-19 22:35:21

Martin Clunes. He’s a total honey.

GinisLife Mon 06-May-19 22:35:33

Bruce & Wilnelia Forsyth. Lovely genuine people - and she's so beautiful

Ethelswith Mon 06-May-19 22:41:27

I saw Paul Daniels and Debbie McGee in an airport a few years ago. They were being really friendly to everyone (posing for pix etc)

Ethelswith Mon 06-May-19 22:43:14

Btw, have you seen that MNHQ is proposing to cut some topics, and that this is one of them?

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/sleb_twaddle/3573658-Were-merging-some-sections-into-the-Chat-area

beanaseireann Tue 14-May-19 20:07:53

It's nice to hear about the nice celebs for a change.
Usually we just hear about the rude, entitled, egotistical ones.

ShirleyPhallus Tue 14-May-19 20:10:32

Joanna Lumley is THE biggest babe you could ever meet. So so lovely

anitagreen Tue 14-May-19 20:13:18

@ShirleyPhallus my dad met her once she asked him for a lighter in central London (he's a window cleaner) really early in the morning didn't realise who she was till after, and she sat and spoke to him about what shops and businesses he does and he said she was the loveliest person he's ever met.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »