Talk

Advanced search

Threads started in this topic after 9th November 2018 will no longer be removed after 90 days. A new topic called 90 Days Only can be found in the Other Stuff category of Talk.

My neighbour's washing line.

(77 Posts)
ShotsFired Fri 14-Sep-18 13:26:47

I can't bear it anymore, I have to share this with you.

A shirt hung from the collar by one peg.
Several pairs of pants scrunched into one peg
A t-shirt hung at an angle, one peg in the middle of the shoulder, one somewhere around nipple level.
A large tablecloth(?) just sort of thrown at the line, dragging a corner on the grass.

All mixed colours, all mixed pegs, all out there for days now.

<nnnnnnggggg>

AgentProvocateur Fri 14-Sep-18 13:28:50

You might be my neighbour. This is how my (adult) son hangs out the washing. I’m sure he does it on purpose so I don’t ask him to do it again. But I’m not rising to it! grin

Effendi Fri 14-Sep-18 13:29:25

My husband does this. It's infuriating.

Emmageddon Fri 14-Sep-18 13:29:47

Sneak into her garden and rehang the washing the way you think it should be done.

Why is it bothering you so much?

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Fri 14-Sep-18 13:30:11

Oh my god yes to boy/man help!

Whatififall Fri 14-Sep-18 13:31:51

Argghh
My new neighbour hung their washing out for the first time yesterday. Pegged correctly but they left it out all night! Do they not know it’ll get darked on?!
I don’t think we’ll be friends.

Her0utdoors Fri 14-Sep-18 13:32:43

Sorry, I was going to wait till it stops raining before I got them in. I'll do it when the baby wakes up.

ShotsFired Fri 14-Sep-18 13:33:06

What's more, there is a garden sort of behind it/in my line of sight that has the exact opposite.

Beautiful pegged washing in neat rows, all up to standard and flapping in the breeze, while this lot sort of droops about sadly.

Vitalogy Fri 14-Sep-18 13:33:21

I bet they haven't shook the creases out either!

My son hangs his washing by the shoulders too. Madness.

AviatorShades Fri 14-Sep-18 13:34:07

Slut! Slattern! Bet she's indoors quaffing cider by the flagon and chainsmoking fags while watching Jeremy whathisname, the shouty one, while her dirty unwashed kids with filled nappies lunch on cheesy whatsits.
Oh yes, I know the sort.grin

AviatorShades Fri 14-Sep-18 13:35:44

and mixed pegs, you say?
Just proves my point! grin

ShotsFired Fri 14-Sep-18 13:38:06

Brace yourself, @AviatorShades but they leave the pegs on the line all year round too.

IhatetheArchers Fri 14-Sep-18 13:38:57

Maybe the neighbour doesn't have enough pegs? Could you do a peg intervention, or post a set of pegs through their letter box with anonymous note?

Vitalogy Fri 14-Sep-18 13:39:51

I must admit, I do do mixed wooden and plastic pegs shock I needed to make a stand and rebel, sue me.

UtterlyUnimaginativeUsername Fri 14-Sep-18 13:40:26

You've no choice really, you'll just have to move.

ShotsFired Fri 14-Sep-18 13:43:52

@IhatetheArchers Maybe the neighbour doesn't have enough pegs?

They have tons. Their empty line looks like a peg re-imagining of The Birds

AgentProvocateur Fri 14-Sep-18 13:44:31

I think you’re definitely my neighbour - I leave my (mixed) pegs out all year round too. Although, I think it’s raining in Glasgow, so he’s probably not hung any washing out.

IhatetheArchers Fri 14-Sep-18 13:53:22

So. They have pegs, but wilfully refuse tip use them. That is harassment. Call 101 and have it logged. They will probably ask you to keep a diary.

DarlingNikita Fri 14-Sep-18 14:02:25

Gaaaah!

My lodger hangs his washing in this sort of way. It makes me twitch. I have to avert my eyes.

All mixed colours, all mixed pegs, all out there for days now. That part doesn't bother me though. It's the scrunched-up clothes I hate.

MrsEricBana Fri 14-Sep-18 14:06:56

ROFL as ds would say. That would wind me up too. My most fastidious neighbour had her perfectly pegged laundry darked and rained on last night. This is so unusual that I was tempted to pop round and check she was ok. Me: "Hey, you're not being as anal about your washing as usual. Everything ok?"

HoppingPavlova Fri 14-Sep-18 14:07:17

Sounds like when I ask my teen/young adult/DH to hang washing. It’s a deliberate ploy to avoid being asked again. I don’t fall for it.

AjasLipstick Fri 14-Sep-18 14:07:56

Sounds like my line. I just don't give a shit. I've got more important/better things to do, so I just throw the stuff at the line and hope for the best.

Can't be doing with it at all.

A1ways Fri 14-Sep-18 14:10:54

Our NDN chucks his laundry on just one side of his 4 arm rotary in the same way, then leaves it out forever. The pole isn’t secured, so sits at an extreme angle trailing sleeves, etc in the mud.

He’s also never dealt with the debris that is the back garden since he moved in (new build mud patch), but instead chucked grass seed on it.

He then attempted to mow the rock fest that he seemed to think had miraculously transformed into a lush lawn and blew his mower up. He ended up on hands and knees snipping away with shears until he lost the will to live.

I can only hope he’s good at his job (nurse), as everything he tries to do around the home ends in disaster.

On the flip side, he probably surveys my meticulously pegged rows of tops, trousers, etc and wonders why on earth I bother!

UpstartCrow Fri 14-Sep-18 14:11:32

It takes no more effort to do it properly.

WeakAsIAm Fri 14-Sep-18 14:15:13

Ajaslipstick is this you ????

Slut! Slattern! Bet she's indoors quaffing cider by the flagon and chainsmoking fags while watching Jeremy whathisname, the shouty one, while her dirty unwashed kids with filled nappies lunch on cheesy whatsits.
Oh yes, I know the sort.

😂😂😂😂😂

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: