Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

WIBU to leave dh asleep in the lounge and go to bed?

(19 Posts)
GertrudeCB Sat 11-Aug-18 23:32:14

So, first day of the footy season and DH has had a very- unlike- him early evening drinking session whilst watching his team on TV.
Home by 10 but bladdered. ( Very unusual for him, but his friends were trying out real ales) .
He has eaten then fallen asleep in front of the TV. I've tried to wake him up and he is rouseable but then goes straight back to sleep. I've tried 6 times now so WIBU to throw a blanket over him and leave him there for the night?

Excitedforxmas Sat 11-Aug-18 23:33:12

I’d open all the windows and go to bed but I’m cruel

ch0c0milkrox Sat 11-Aug-18 23:34:23

Yeah just leave him be he'll be ok. Roll him on his side and leave him a bucket out you think he might puke

elephantoverthehill Sat 11-Aug-18 23:34:58

Just go to bed and starfish.

Svalberg Sat 11-Aug-18 23:35:15

No. YWNBU. I usually leave DH downstairs if he falls asleep.

GertrudeCB Sat 11-Aug-18 23:36:22

That's settled then. Me and ddog are off to bed grin

elephantoverthehill Sat 11-Aug-18 23:43:47

Night night.

Timeisslippingaway Sat 11-Aug-18 23:45:28

Quite right, leave him there. I do this to my dp when we have a drink together in the house he always falls asleep. Sometimes I sneak to bed to have it to myself for a while 😂

Fatted Sat 11-Aug-18 23:45:52

Of course just leave him!! Can't believe you even have to ask. He's an adult, he can sort himself out.

Iloveacurry Sat 11-Aug-18 23:48:24

Just leave him there! Night night.

Ohyesiam Sat 11-Aug-18 23:49:23

You’re not his mum, leave him.

Atthebottomofthesea Sat 11-Aug-18 23:51:01

Gracious, I wouldn't even have tried to wake him more than once.

psicat Sat 11-Aug-18 23:51:15

"elephantoverthehill

Just go to bed and starfish."

Oooh yes, isn't that the best feeling in the world grin

Except when the cat joins in hmm if we're both in bed he sleeps at the bottom. If just me he tries to out starfish me angry

CakeNinja Sat 11-Aug-18 23:54:22

Huh?! Don’t people fall asleep on the sofa all the time?
Don’t you ever go to bed separately?
Sorry, this is a bonkers question to me as dp falls asleep in front of the tv 50% of the time and I go to bed without him.
Or if he comes home from the pub, he comes in, gets himself a pint of water with every intention of drinking it and coming to bed only to put the telly on and wake up at 5am still in front of it and come up.
Of course yanbu!!

MrsBlaidd Sun 12-Aug-18 00:03:59

DH gets 3 tries from me when he does drunken sofa sleeping. If I can't get him to bed on the 3rd try he gets a blanket over him and a bucket on a towel next to him and I get the bed to myself.

Thankfully he doesn't do this frequently enough for it to be annoying.

Gojira Sun 12-Aug-18 01:08:51

I used to pass out on the sofa a lot and absolutely hated it when people tried to wake me up. Nobody does anymore for fear of reprisals.

Just leave him be!

Timeisslippingaway Sun 12-Aug-18 01:18:18

Haha I've just done it again, woke him up said "are you coming to bed?" He said "no chance", think it was a dream sleep answer, which he does a lot. But I'm taking it as he's not coming. Nice big bed to myself for a few hours hopefully 😂

HarshingMyMellow Sun 12-Aug-18 01:36:30

I used to do the same with my ex.

He got 3 attempts. No answer? Blanket and bucket!

Hope you have a fab nights sleep!

GertrudeCB Sun 12-Aug-18 06:17:33

Update and point of order - he was sat upright in a chair, he wouldn't dare despoil my the couch with his drunkennesswink
The dog woke in the night and started vomiting so I put him in the garden whilst I cleaned up and DH then woke up and gave me a hand with the cleaning. 4 hours asleep in a chair had made him rather achy ( we are both ancient tho grin)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: